Ping G20 Hybrid Review Thread

Visually, the shape is unappealing to me, but I'd like to hit one and see how it works.

I'm with you Hawk. But if it works, the shape is no big deal to me. Some people aren't crazy about the way the Mashie looks, but it just flat out performs for me.

OEM didn't you play the g15 hybrid for a little while?

I'm with you Hawk. But if it works, the shape is no big deal to me. Some people aren't crazy about the way the Mashie looks, but it just flat out performs for me.

OEM didn't you play the g15 hybrid for a little while?

I did and it was a pretty good hybrid too. This looks a bit more stealthy.

I like the bottom and the face but the crown without an aiming point just looks weird to me but I like the looks.

And JB I'm curious you were fit for the Regular shaft?

Thanks for posting the pics JB. I actually like the look of the hybrids. I cant wait to hit one.

These are certainly on my list of clubs that I would like to hit. I like the shape of the head, but am more interested in determining the level of performance and forgiveness that it provides.

I don't love the looks, but its not too bad either. I hit this at GG a few weeks ago, and was impressed with the performance. They had it all taped up and I was still bombing it on their monitor. The offset is a little extreme, and I was drawing the ball more than I normally would, but it was launching bombs.

If there was no such thing as the Mashie, this would be on my radar for sure.

I love the shape of this hybrid! I hit it a bit in my search for a new one but wasn't terribly pleased with the performance though. Didn't like the ball flight I got with it. Too high for me.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I love the shape of this hybrid! I hit it a bit in my search for a new one but wasn't terribly pleased with the performance though. Didn't like the ball flight I got with it. Too high for me.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.
I figured the profile would help get it up in the air. That actually works well for me.

I had these on my list to hit them.
Then I hit them.
Then I took them off my list.

The head looks considerably smaller than some hybrids (i.e. Adams Super Hybrid, callaway). Yet the offset would lead you to believe this is more geared toward game improvement?

Last edited:
Hit these the other day at Golfsmith. I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Something about the shape throws me off. I think maybe it's just not in a category. I like hybrids that are more iron like. I can also hit hybrids that are more wood like. This hybrid seems to be right in the middle. I just couldn't get comfortable setting up with it. Hit some good shots but mainly it was meh! Not a fan:bad:

CL- How'd it compare looks-wise at address compared to the Mashie? How about feeling although that's subjective, comapred to the Mashie

Hit these the other day at Golfsmith. I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Something about the shape throws me off. I think maybe it's just not in a category. I like hybrids that are more iron like. I can also hit hybrids that are more wood like. This hybrid seems to be right in the middle. I just couldn't get comfortable setting up with it. Hit some good shots but mainly it was meh! Not a fan:bad:

CL- How'd it compare looks-wise at address compared to the Mashie? How about feeling although that's subjective, comapred to the Mashie

Take the 2 clubs and put them together and I bet they look similar. But at address for me something clicks with the Mashie and something does not with this club. I hit some shots that felt real nice with it though. Maybe it is the 2 tone? Something at address bothers me with this club and makes me uncomfortable. I'm sorry I wish I could remember it better. Mashie=comfortable. G20=yuck.

Feeling was pretty good on the solid hits. No comparison however to the Mashie. Mashie is far better. Feels much livelier as compared to this.

Not a fan of the looks but decided to hit one at Golfsmith the other day. I tried the one with the "tour" marked shaft (not sure what the difference between the shafts are yet) and I can say that it did take a few to get accustomed to the looks. It felt and sounded good. I wasn't on a monitor so I can't tell you ball flight bt these did feel solid. The shaft still feels a bit soft for me but with no numbers to back it up, is purely subjective.

I akin the looks at address as an iron with some junk in the trunk with some offset.

Not a fan at all, will have to hit it though

I'm not a fan of the shape - but if it works who cares.

Might have to compare it to the 910h

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the looks but decided to hit one at Golfsmith the other day. I tried the one with the "tour" marked shaft (not sure what the difference between the shafts are yet) and I can say that it did take a few to get accustomed to the looks. It felt and sounded good. I wasn't on a monitor so I can't tell you ball flight bt these did feel solid. The shaft still feels a bit soft for me but with no numbers to back it up, is purely subjective.

I akin the looks at address as an iron with some junk in the trunk with some offset.

I like that description. For me, I want a hybrid to be either iron like or wood like. That way I know which swing I need to use. This one is a tweener

Bingo.

Very much reminds me of a hi-bore iron

I haven't hit the Tour model, but I have played the 23* & 27* G 20 Hybrids for 4 rounds and they are working for me alot better than the Mashie. Just could not get use to hitting the light shaft. No matter how hard I swing, these things still go straight and long and that's what I was looking for. Ball flight was about the same for my swing. If your looking for a hybrid, take these "outside" and see how they work for you. We all know one club will not work for everyone but if your a mid to high handicapper, swing away!:comp:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like this better than the Mashie...that statement may get me killed here:doh: I hit the 20 degree tonight. Straight and high. Hit the regular TFC but would like to try this with the tour. Think you could be a little more aggressive with that shaft. If I hooked it, it was the swing and not the club. May look at the 23 to replace the 4 iron.

Bingo.

Very much reminds me of a hi-bore iron

I haven't seen anything as displeasing to the eye as a Hi-bore iron. The Ping G20 Hybrids look similar to the Mashie Hybrids.

Nice looking club. Doesnt seem to be as sore thumb looking as the G15.

I agree. Looked at them both in the store tonight. The G20 is definitely less bulbous-looking at the toe-end.

I haven't seen anything as displeasing to the eye as a Hi-bore iron. The Ping G20 Hybrids look similar to the Mashie Hybrids.

It's all a matter of opinion. I sure don't mind the HB3's, but you obviously wouldn't like them either. But you don't want to test those, right? hehehe :eyepoke:

It a different looking hybrid. I'm not too sure I could get use to looking down at something like that. It almost looks like a super oversized iron.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I hit them a month ago at a Ping Demo day, I couldn't hit it worth crap. I didn't mind the looks but I hit just about everything but a good shot with it. I hit slices, I hit hooks, I hit groundballs, i hit pop flys, I just never hit a good shot. I told the Ping rep to get it far far away from me. To be fair I can't hit any hybrid I've tried, including the Mashie. I'm not really sure why either.

Back