Golf Sandals...Thoughts?

I thought sandalls looked silly. Then I bought a pair of Foot Joy sandalls, not flip-flops. On a hot day, there's nothing like wearing shorts and sandalls (never with socks.) When the grass is wet, my feet get wet in my FJ shoes. I don't have Dry Joys. Wearing sandalls actually gets my feet drier when the grass is wet than wearing regular golf shoes. My feet dry quickly, especially when the sun comes out.

I golf just as well in sandalls, hit the ball just as long, etc. There's no downside to wearing sandalls, to me.

Off topic, but I wonder if PGA pros are not allowed to wear shorts or if that is just a personal choice.

I thought sandalls looked silly. Then I bought a pair of Foot Joy sandalls, not flip-flops. On a hot day, there's nothing like wearing shorts and sandalls (never with socks.) When the grass is wet, my feet get wet in my FJ shoes. I don't have Dry Joys. Wearing sandalls actually gets my feet drier when the grass is wet than wearing regular golf shoes. My feet dry quickly, especially when the sun comes out.

I golf just as well in sandalls, hit the ball just as long, etc. There's no downside to wearing sandalls, to me.

Off topic, but I wonder if PGA pros are not allowed to wear shorts or if that is just a personal choice.

No shorts allowed. There is a great thread on that around here somewhere. If I was on my PC rather than tapatalk I would dig it up for you.

Poor style

Poor style

I would never ever wear them and would be absolutely embarassed to play with anyone wearing them.

It bugs me when individuals try to stretch attire rules an am very much a traditionalist at my young age.

and would be absolutely embarassed to play with anyone wearing them

LOL. Really Judge Smails? That's mighty snooty of you.

When I first saw the sandals online a few years ago I almost fell out of my chair. Looks absolutely hideous IMO. And they have really upped the ante with the flip flops!!

Uhhh, no! Might as well buy a newvset of spikes and glue them to my bare feet!

I finally saw some sandals out on the course on Monday, and they had the accompanying socks.

I finally saw some sandals out on the course on Monday, and they had the accompanying socks.

If you're gonna wear 'em, you have got to class them up with some socks.

Why did this thread ever have to be brought up?!?!?!
Since reading this thread I have noticed playing a round with a different gentleman in sandals 2 out of the last 3 rounds I've been out!! It downright messes with my mojo. I think I shot close to 100 both times and I attribute it completely to being distracted by these monstrosities.
How am I supposed to sink a putt when your standing there holding the flagstick whith socks and sandals on.

It's just downright rude!!!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Why did this thread ever have to be brought up?!?!?!
Since reading this thread I have noticed playing a round with a different gentleman in sandals 2 out of the last 3 rounds I've been out!! It downright messes with my mojo. I think I shot close to 100 both times and I attribute it completely to being distracted by these monstrosities.
How am I supposed to sink a putt when your standing there holding the flagstick whith socks and sandals on.

It's just downright rude!!!

Tempo, timing, tapping.

LOL! That is hilarious! Sorry for the thread, but you gotta block out the sock/sandal combo and focus my man!

this ^

in the summer, they make alot more sense. I have a pair of the FJ sandals and love them in the hot weather here in TN.

Last year, I was out in Seattle and got paired-up up a 3-some of local guys I'd never met before. One of the fellas was wearing a pair of these. Said it was the only shoe he'd found that kept his feet dry in the wet conditions. Yes, they had cleats

AR-101M.jpg

While I wouldn't wear the flip-flops, I do have a pair of FJ sandals that I'll wear sometimes. But I've only worn them in Myrtle Beach on the hottest days and during afternoon rounds (so usually, by myself).

It's true that they don't offer support as good as a golf shoe but the support isn't bad at all and if anything, it offers a positive. Because there's a little "play" to the foot in the sandals' footbed, I never swing all out. With this help in keeping my swing under control, I've shot some of my best rounds while wearing the sandals.

I would never ever wear them and would be absolutely embarassed to play with anyone wearing them.

It bugs me when individuals try to stretch attire rules an am very much a traditionalist at my young age.

I agree 100000% with you here. Many will call us snooty or otherwise, but I agree and always will

LOL. Really Judge Smails? That's mighty snooty of you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I (and probably burchek too) are quite proud to be traditionalists (even though I am a poulter fan/prodigy hehe)

Man if I wore these I would have mud all over my toes because the golf courses can be quiet wet under the trees even on sunny days up here.

I don't even think these would hold your feet that secure either...

I agree 100000% with you here. Many will call us snooty or otherwise, but I agree and always will

I would be embarassed to golf with somebody who is that snooty.

Who said there are "attire rules"? Other than course dress codes, which I have no problem with, what difference does it make what somebody wears.

on a bit of a tangent, would it be worse for you guys to see a good golfer in sandals or a total hacker branded to the hilt in bling gear and apparel?
darn near describing me--but ya forgot the cargo shorts<sf>

on a bit of a tangent, would it be worse for you guys to see a good golfer in sandals or a total hacker branded to the hilt in bling gear and apparel?

Neither. Wear what makes you comfortable on the course. Within the courses dress codes.

The guy I saw wearing them had no socks and refused to enter a trap. Looked confortable though and he did swing good in them. If the coarse allows "different" footwear, then I quess its up to the wearer.

Come to think about it, he did have a THP ballmarker. Hmmmmm.

When your at a local club or/and on vacation i have no problem with golf sandals in the summer. But if i were too go too a nice Private club, i would prob throw on my shoes

I'm not a fan and I'd rather not see them on the course.

Back