TaylorMade fitting at The International in the TAYLORMADE PERFORMANCE LAB!!

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
Today I got this really great email saying that I won a dozen TaylorMade Penta balls and a free 2.5 hour fitting session at a :taylormade: performance lab located at The International (also known as the longest course in the world). I know several THP er's were selected to experience The Kingdom about a year ago. While this isn't quite the same thing, I'm really excited about the opportunity. At this point, I have only hit a single R9 6 iron from the entire stable of TM clubs for a total of about 6 balls IN MY LIFE. This includes drivers through putters. Thus, I am really looking forward to trying out everything they have to offer. I also plan on doing a write-up after explaining exactly what took place and what my fitting results were for the TaylorMade line up. From what I understand, they do a complete 3D scan of your swing and work from there. I also have done a GolfTec fitting in the past and came away very, very happy with the experience. The GolfTec fitting was very reasonably priced in my opinion at $99. This fitting runs around $350-$400 normally and I'm not sure it is offered (at least at The International) to non-members. Whatever the result, I look forward to keeping you all updated, and comparing the two vastly different priced fittings for future THP reference!

That is awesome man!! Congrats. I remember how great that Kingdom thread was last year:clapp:

Congrats, ghsace!

Today I got this really great email saying that I won a dozen TaylorMade Penta balls and a free 2.5 hour fitting session at a :taylormade: performance lab located at The International (also known as the longest course in the world). I know several THP er's were selected to experience The Kingdom about a year ago. While this isn't quite the same thing, I'm really excited about the opportunity. At this point, I have only hit a single R9 6 iron from the entire stable of TM clubs for a total of about 6 balls IN MY LIFE. This includes drivers through putters. Thus, I am really looking forward to trying out everything they have to offer. I also plan on doing a write-up after explaining exactly what took place and what my fitting results were for the TaylorMade line up. From what I understand, they do a complete 3D scan of your swing and work from there. I also have done a GolfTec fitting in the past and came away very, very happy with the experience. The GolfTec fitting was very reasonably priced in my opinion at $99. This fitting runs around $350-$400 normally and I'm not sure it is offered (at least at The International) to non-members. Whatever the result, I look forward to keeping you all updated, and comparing the two vastly different priced fittings for future THP reference!

Wow!!! Congrats, that is a great prize! How did you win it? I don't even remember seeing a contest for that.

Congrats, man, that is awesome! This will likely be one hell of an experience.

**I live about 20 minutes from there.

Wow!!! Congrats, that is a great prize! How did you win it? I don't even remember seeing a contest for that.

It was from a local New England golf publication. I actually forgot I entered. I got the email today at work and was like "what the heck is that.... wait I WON? .... What'd I win?" hahahhaha

Congrats! Prepare your finances for an influx of club purchases :)

--
tapatalk

Congrats, man, that is awesome! This will likely be one hell of an experience.

**I live about 20 minutes from there.

Yeah I'm really pumped. I used to play Twin Springs... which is right next door and owned by the same people. We used to peak through the trees at the heaven that was THE International haha. Last year I was lucky enough to play it. Then we went inside the club house and I peaked into the TM lab and felt the same thing all over again.

Congrats! Prepare your finances for an influx of club purchases :)

--
tapatalk

Thanks! That is what I'm worried about haha

It was from a local New England golf publication. I actually forgot I entered. I got the email today at work and was like "what the heck is that.... wait I WON? .... What'd I win?" hahahhaha

Very cool! Gotta love suprises like that in your email

Congratulations - awesome win!! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Congratulations - awesome win!! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks! Really interested in the process and to see how different it is (or similar) to GolfTec.

That's a great and fun win. Let us know how the fitting goes.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Thanks! Really interested in the process and to see how different it is (or similar) to GolfTec.

I have read lots about TMPL fittings and a few guys here have been through them...it's totally different than GolfTec, they fit you with little sensors all over and then have you hit balls and record the data which creates an animation of your swing...kinda like they do for video games!

It reads every single thing in your swing so they can customize your club heads and shafts to match your swing plane. There is one in Houston at Redstone and I have really wanted to go..just been having a hard time spending 400 bucks on it.

That's a great and fun win. Let us know how the fitting goes.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Thank you. Will do!

I have read lots about TMPL fittings and a few guys here have been through them...it's totally different than GolfTec, they fit you with little sensors all over and then have you hit balls and record the data which creates an animation of your swing...kinda like they do for video games!

It reads every single thing in your swing so they can customize your club heads and shafts to match your swing plane. There is one in Houston at Redstone and I have really wanted to go..just been having a hard time spending 400 bucks on it.

It's really funny you brought up the video game analogy. That is exactly what I was thinking when I went to the website.

Congrats, that is awesome!

Congrats, have fun at the fitting. Can't wait to hear what it was like for you.

Sent using Tapatalk

Congrats!!! As someone who was fortunate enough to be at the Kingdom, let me just say you are in for a treat!!!

Thanks guys.

Congrats!!! As someone who was fortunate enough to be at the Kingdom, let me just say you are in for a treat!!!

Doc I did notice that after you went to the Kingdom, your bag definitely went heavier on the TM side - going to have to get the check book ready....

Last edited:
wow.... that's SWEET!!!! Congrats.

Wow, congrats......I am really wanting to go through one of their fitting. I can't wait to hear about your experience.

What an awesome prize! Reading Arys thread on this made me appreciate the extensive work that goes into one of these so you should be in for a treat! Have fun and let us know what happens!

Back