New Diamana shaft

Donatello goes with my last name so I pick him

Looks like that leaves Raphael for Super Tuna, which kind of works cause his weapon is basically a can opener anyways!

I'll roll with it. I think the Fubuki Alpha or Tour could be good in the 910. Funny thing is that I found the Tour to launch higher then the Alpha. Don't know which one to try.

I'll be Casey! I've been playing Fubuki shafts for almost 2 years now and love them. I have the Alpha in my driver, and also a hybrid. Also desperately searching for a 3 wood Fubuki shaft to put in the bag. Can't decide whether to re-shaft mine, or get a Mizuno that comes stock.

I'll be Casey! I've been playing Fubuki shafts for almost 2 years now and love them. I have the Alpha in my driver, and also a hybrid. Also desperately searching for a 3 wood Fubuki shaft to put in the bag. Can't decide whether to re-shaft mine, or get a Mizuno that comes stock.

Who the heck is Casey? Fubuki's are great feeling shafts. I am getting the itch to get a Tour and messing around with it

Does anyone know the price point yet? What do the other versions generally run?

See, I have what I like to call a "shaft account". It's a fictitious account that I randomly put "money" into. Every now and then, I tell my wife I did some simple math and my account magically doubled! When my account reaches a certain dollar amount, I let my wife know and I go buy something new, it's a fantastic system. Basically, it's my way of letting my wife know I want some new golf equipment and I'm going to buy it. Then I just watch my pennies for a few weeks/month/months/whatever and go buy my new toy! She finds it somewhat humorous but understands my obsession with golf and just wants me to be happy.

Who the heck is Casey? Fubuki's are great feeling shafts. I am getting the itch to get a Tour and messing around with it

Casey was the dude with the hockey mask! He was Aprils boyfriend or something so JB might be a bit ticked off :D

See, I have what I like to call a "shaft account". It's a fictitious account that I randomly put "money" into. Every now and then, I tell my wife I did some simple math and my account magically doubled! When my account reaches a certain dollar amount, I let my wife know and I go buy something new, it's a fantastic system. Basically, it's my way of letting my wife know I want some new golf equipment and I'm going to buy it. Then I just watch my pennies for a few weeks/month/months/whatever and go buy my new toy! She finds it somewhat humorous but understands my obsession with golf and just wants me to be happy.

That is a great system! I need to get me one of those accounts! That is a pretty good interest rate you are getting on that account.

Thanks for giving me the 411 ST. I always wondered why my eyes were telling me one thing and that chart was telling me something else. Hey what do you mean by they play different with the 910 tip on them? Firmer because they tip them?

Yup, it's because of how they tip them to get the adapter on. Not all of the shafts are tipped the same amount to get them to the flex that Titleist desires. In theory the chart means the launch and spin in a 910 driver after they've been tipped with the adapter to get into their stiff flex frequency range. Now I have no idea what CPM range is stiff for them but that's their idea. Neat idea actually since shaft OEM's have different levels to each other about what stiff or regular means.

ST what is your experience with the Tour AD DIs? I hit this shaft in a 910 once and was in love! Was that just me or is this shaft just that good?

My favorite ever and one of the best feeling shafts out there. Good smooth load with a nice kick to it for a medium flight with a lower spin rate. It's important to get the flex and tipping right though because if you don't have the speed to load it even while swinging smooth it will feel stiffer then it is. For me it was one of the few that I found that added a bit to my launch angle to get more carry but killed a bunch of the spin from my steep attack angle. It doesn't fit everyone but I think it could get a great shaft for a lot of people if the price wasn't so killer.

Looks like that leaves Raphael for Super Tuna, which kind of works cause his weapon is basically a can opener anyways!

Bwahahaha

Awesome.

Obviously you were not following the TMNT storyline here. :doh: Or you just forgot the hockey loving brawler that had a thing for April. I had a Tour in my last driver and that's what got me hooked on them, great feeling shafts.

Last edited:
That is a great system! I need to get me one of those accounts! That is a pretty good interest rate you are getting on that account.

I went to Subway for dinner & opted bit to get the meal w/ my sub. That's another $2.50 in my "account". :)

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Obviously you were not following the TMNT storyline here. :doh: Or you just forgot the hockey loving brawler that had a thing for April. I had a Tour in my last driver and that's what got me hooked on them, great feeling shafts.

Hahaha. I only know the Turtles because my nephew loved them and I took him to see the movies when they came out. First movie was darn good

Should have one here shortly after the MC, I will keep you in the loop.

Any more info on this shaft you can share JB? I'm very, very interested in this puppy. A soft butt with a firm tip and mid section should be just the thing to deal with my steep angle and cut some spin off (in theory).

Nothing that we can discuss yet. But coming up soon.

Nothing that we can discuss yet. But coming up soon.

Cheers!

Sort of figured given we haven't hit the release date yet but as it's coming soon, I'm a wee bit anxious to see if it lives up to it's billing.

That's pretty much my system too. When I buy something new I explain that I already paid for it by pinching pennies for the last couple of weeks, months, ... I usually also throw in that according to my calculations I still have enough "savings" to go buy a couple dozen balls or a pair of shoes but that I will be nice and just forget about that extra $50 or so. I go from being a jerk for dropping $300 on a new driver to a good-guy for giving up something golf-related for the better of the family. It's pretty genius really.

Sorry to dig this up from a shallow grave but I have been looking for a Fubuki to try in my Supertri. I searched for a review of the tour model but didn't see any kind of review. I really need a coarse in remedial forum navigation 101. If they have been reviewed or someone can give details, i would appreciate a link or comment. Just put in a Harrison Saga this week, but it seems shorter than my old V2.

Looking for a higher launching shaft that still is low spin. SS=95ish with late release and medium tempo.

Thanks

Sorry to dig this up from a shallow grave but I have been looking for a Fubuki to try in my Supertri. I searched for a review of the tour model but didn't see any kind of review. I really need a coarse in remedial forum navigation 101. If they have been reviewed or someone can give details, i would appreciate a link or comment. Just put in a Harrison Saga this week, but it seems shorter than my old V2.

Looking for a higher launching shaft that still is low spin. SS=95ish with late release and medium tempo.

Thanks

What you are looking for is the Holy Grail of shafts! High launch, low spin. The closest thing that I know of is the Graphite Design Tour AD DI series, the Miyasaki Kusala Blue, or the Matrix Oziks. I am sure there are others, but I wouldnt call the Fubuki Alpha or Tour (and by all accounts the Alpha is the better shaft) high launching.

What you are looking for is the Holy Grail of shafts! High launch, low spin. The closest thing that I know of is the Graphite Design Tour AD DI series, the Miyasaki Kusala Blue, or the Matrix Oziks. I am sure there are others, but I wouldnt call the Fubuki Alpha or Tour (and by all accounts the Alpha is the better shaft) high launching.

Matrix X-Con 5 is both high launching and low spin. Look on their website, they have some great fitting tools.

--
tapatalk

Aren't we all searching for the holy grail? I have seen it compared to a Kusala Blue. My launch numbers were around 12* with a 10.5* driver. Just need to bring it up from my current shaft collection. Thanks for the input. Probably will never be satisfied and will continue to cycle shafts through my driver. Gotta love the r9 sleeve technology.

Totally forgot about the X-Con's. Thanks, I'll check them out now.

Indeed to the holy grail comment. The Fubuki tour is a decently high launchg shaft though, get's it up higher then the DI but with more spin. More along the lines of a Attas or Speeder VC 6.0. Mid launch, mid spin is about where it fits.

Matrix X-Con 5 is both high launching and low spin. Look on their website, they have some great fitting tools.

They do have excellent fitting tools but you have to be careful with Matrix shafts, most people are not fit into them correctly. Also there's the fact that what Matrix calls high launch or high spin is kinda funky. Check out TC's review of the Radix line, he was launching that thing lower then the Kusala Black. The Black in theory should match up around the M2 line.

If it's a Xcon from TM, sure try it out. If we're talking about getting a M2 or a Code made up, make sure it's done by a good matrix club builder who know's what head it's going into.

MHG: Do you know how much spin you're looking to cut or what you're numbers are with the Saga now? The Super Tri is a high spin, high launching head and I've seen people go to some pretty drastic alterations to bring it down.

MHG: Do you know how much spin you're looking to cut or what you're numbers are with the Saga now? The Super Tri is a high spin, high launching head and I've seen people go to some pretty drastic alterations to bring it down.

Don't have my spin numbers handy right now but they were not high. But that was with the stiff-tipped V2 in my r9. Just put in the Saga after getting a great deal on it.

Back