Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering a 2 iron....

I played a two iron for many years but with the advancement in hybrids in took it out of my bag. For me personally it was comfort/psych level of looking at a 'wood' than thinking 2 iron. As my dad always said if your stuck in a thunder storm hold the two iron in the air cause God can't even hit it.

Tadashi, I've got the Sun Mountain Superlight 3.5 bag, and it's got a ton of pockets on it. I can get my full rainsuit in there as well as a dozen balls (out of the golf ball boxes) along with lots of other stuff in the pockets. I think that it's a better bag for carrying clubs than having them on a cart, but I'd still advise you to check it out. If you want more details about the bag when used on a cart, let me know.

Thanks Ary, since I rarely walk I will need a bag that ride as well ad be functional. What has been your experience with the bag on the cart?

Kongfrontation

Thanks Ary, since I rarely walk I will need a bag that ride as well ad be functional. What has been your experience with the bag on the cart?

Kongfrontation

The only issue that I've had with the bag on the cart is that the "foot" system that deploys when the cart is on the ground occasionally can be a little flimsy when put onto a cart. They actually have a velcro strap that goes over the legs of the cart to keep them from deploying, but I had the "foot" system break on the bag due to an overzealous cart guy at a course one time. To Sun Mountain's credit, they sent me a replacement part right away and I was able to do the install myself pretty easily. It's a bit hard to describe without pictures, so I'd check the bag out in the store to take a look at it.

One nice thing about the bag on a cart is that they have a place on the side of the bag where the cart strap can slot through, so your towels on the side of your bag and the top of the pockets don't get covered by the cart strap. The bag has a 6-way divider at the top, and like I said earlier, the storage in the bag is outstanding.

The only issue that I've had with the bag on the cart is that the "foot" system that deploys when the cart is on the ground occasionally can be a little flimsy when put onto a cart. They actually have a velcro strap that goes over the legs of the cart to keep them from deploying, but I had the "foot" system break on the bag due to an overzealous cart guy at a course one time. To Sun Mountain's credit, they sent me a replacement part right away and I was able to do the install myself pretty easily. It's a bit hard to describe without pictures, so I'd check the bag out in the store to take a look at it.

One nice thing about the bag on a cart is that they have a place on the side of the bag where the cart strap can slot through, so your towels on the side of your bag and the top of the pockets don't get covered by the cart strap. The bag has a 6-way divider at the top, and like I said earlier, the storage in the bag is outstanding.

I will check it out, thanks for the info

Kongfrontation

Man according to the tracking info my Machspeed Black driver is in RIchmond which is so close to me. It will be here on Monday but I want to hit that bad boy right now.

Id like to bring my ball flight down. Im using the RIP Red eyes aftermarket shaft, anyone have any thoughts?

Fast, mid or smooth transition?

I can't believe Fowler doesn't have a staff bag in this color :alien:

Rumour goes that he will next year.

Man according to the tracking info my Machspeed Black driver is in RIchmond which is so close to me. It will be here on Monday but I want to hit that bad boy right now.

Richmond eh? Hmmmm. I could out Ninja the Ninja Breeze...

Richmond eh? Hmmmm. I could out Ninja the Ninja Breeze...

If you want to go pick it up and Richmond and bring it over to the island I will take you out for a round of golf.

Pondering the crazy-rare SeeMore John Deere HC on the Bay...I've already got one though...sheesh...

Pondering the crazy-rare SeeMore John Deere HC on the Bay...I've already got one though...sheesh...

Really dude, Doubles??????

Really dude, Doubles??????

I'm not gonna bite, just pains me to see it there and know what it is. I would hope someone form this site would eat that sucker up.

I'm saving for a SCOR 45* anyways, no purchases for a little while for me.

I have been bidding on that cover. Think I have reached what I am willing to pay and I am not in the lead.

I have been bidding on that cover. Think I have reached what I am willing to pay and I am not in the lead.

I will tell you this, it is truly one of the rarest SeeMore HC's out there. Not trying to goad you into buying it, but, its a pretty damn cool one that you simply do not get to see too often.

I will tell you this, it is truly one of the rarest SeeMore HC's out there. Not trying to goad you into buying it, but, its a pretty damn cool one that you simply do not get to see too often.

It is neat looking. I am sure as the auction gets closer to the end I will take another look but I am not the type to collect head covers. Is it a velcro or magnetic closure?

It is neat looking. I am sure as the auction gets closer to the end I will take another look but I am not the type to collect head covers. Is it a velcro or magnetic closure?

Magnetic like all the SeeMore's.

I hear ya, I'm a collector so I sort of freak out when I see deal's lol

Trying to save money for a Lajosi so we will see where this thing comes in at. What do you think it worth if you don't mind my asking?

Trying to save money for a Lajosi so we will see where this thing comes in at. What do you think it worth if you don't mind my asking?

Eh, hard to put a number on it...suffice to say muuuuch more than its at.

That said, SAVE FOR THE LAJOSI!!!! Kari is truly a "good one" and truly loves what he does and is great at it. I love every one of my Lajosi's to death, worth every cent IMO.

Appreciate the info Jman. I need to find a putter I will fall in love with as I am struggling big time with the flat stick right now.

If you want to go pick it up and Richmond and bring it over to the island I will take you out for a round of golf.

Intriguing...

no idea. It's a stiff though, not xstiff.

Do you remember what your Mizuno shaft numbers were? Or can someone who's seen you swing chime in? That'll make a big difference in what would work (and if I've got something to send you to test out).

Intriguing...

Do you remember what your Mizuno shaft numbers were? Or can someone who's seen you swing chime in? That'll make a big difference in what would work (and if I've got something to send you to test out).

Medium tempo and hits the ball a ton.

Project X 5.5 or 6.0 Flighted for the Mizzies

Appreciate the info Jman. I need to find a putter I will fall in love with as I am struggling big time with the flat stick right now.

No worries man, if you have any Lajosi questions feel free to shoot me a message, I love to help out however I can (just ask SW! lol).

Medium tempo and hits the ball a ton.

I would say that is spot on. I would call it a nice buildup into hitting the ball. I would kill for his swing!!

Well I completed my pondering. Bought the Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue graphite shafts for my irons. Cant wait to get them installed.

Tap tap taparoo

Yeah my tempo is somewhat medium tempo. Its not a fast transition, but its not a slow one either. My SS is 116-ish, but it doesnt always warrant an X stiff shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back