The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Cedric Benson's defense in his appeal from his suspension. He's basically saying that he got arrested and in trouble because of the lockout. Somewhere Pac Man Jones his laughing his arse off.

And Ray Lewis is saying "told ya so".
Amazing that the rest of the country unemployed does not get to use that excuse.

Amazing that the rest of the country unemployed does not get to use that excuse.

I was hoping to use that excuse when I quit my job that robbing a bank was ok because I was out of work.

Hillis is out today because of strep throat. Dolphins D Line is happy that they won't have to get their throat swabbed after the game today.

I actually think the Panthers get the W today.

Did anyone else read the Cam Newton article in the latest SI? The dude has some intangibles I never thought he had. Plus, Chris Weinke loves him. And I love Weinke.

Cam gets the win today. He has me converted, coming out of college I thought he was going to be the next JR, but he is the real deal and seems like a great kid who wants to be the best at his position. I think they lay a beat down on the Jags today.

I love Cedric Benson's defense in his appeal from his suspension. He's basically saying that he got arrested and in trouble because of the lockout. Somewhere Pac Man Jones his laughing his arse off.

Very typical criminal mentality. You made me mad so I had to hit you, or you insulted me so I had to shoot you, it is all your fault. Or in this case, the lockout made me do it. Criminals always have an excuse. I needed the money more than those people I mugged, whatever. Pacman understands that reasoning because he is also a criminal.

What is that supposed to mean? I hope you are not comparing Ray Lewis to Cedric Benson.

Looks like Carolina is starting to have a run game.

I had a feeling that the Pats would be ball hawks this week.

I hate to admit it because I am a Colts fan, but watching some of the Texans/Saints game has opened my eyes to how well the Texans have built their pass rush to stop Peyton Manning. Their new defensive scheme shows what a really fast defense can do, whereas the Colts stick to the Tampa 2 with their quick defense, which offenses have learned to break already. The Texans are turning in to a great football team, even with one of the weakest secondaries last year they are now probably one of the better defenses because they are constantly putting pressure on the QB.

I hate to admit it because I am a Colts fan, but watching some of the Texans/Saints game has opened my eyes to how well the Texans have built their pass rush to stop Peyton Manning. Their new defensive scheme shows what a really fast defense can do, whereas the Colts stick to the Tampa 2 with their quick defense, which offenses have learned to break already. The Texans are turning in to a great football team, even with one of the weakest secondaries last year they are now probably one of the better defenses because they are constantly putting pressure on the QB.

The Cover 2 has not been broken overall. It is broken in Indy because they cant get enough pressure.

The Cover 2 has not been broken overall. It is broken in Indy because they cant get enough pressure.

That combined with the fact they are built to play with a lead and defend a passing game. With no manning they are being exposed as the bad Defence that they are.

Donovan McNabb is such a dynamic player.

Kevin

True, I think the Colts don't blitz enough, Freeney and Mathis cannot carry the whole defense. Just impressed with how Wade Phillips has changed the Texans defense I wish someone would step in and do that with the Colts...Tressel maybe?:act-up:

True, I think the Colts don't blitz enough, Freeney and Mathis cannot carry the whole defense. Just impressed with how Wade Phillips has changed the Texans defense I wish someone would step in and do that with the Colts...Tressel maybe?:act-up:

YOu have to understand the Cover 2 though. Its not a blitzing defense outside of surprise blitzes on occasion. Its a bend but dont break defense and a defense that does not give up the big play (unless your secondary is awful).

Cam Newton back to earth. Not playing horrible defense this week (yes, I include the Packers in not having a very good defense right now). And what is this "Carolina getting a running game" about? Stewart has 32 yards. Broke off one 12 or so yard run. Most runs have been for a couple of yards at most.

Stop thinking the entire Jaguar team is bad just because McCown threw 4 INTs last week and gave the Jets short fields all last week. The Jets didn't shred the Jaguar's defense, they shredded the Jaguar offense. The defense has been pleasantly improved.

Hard to say anybody is back to earth when its a monsoon out there. Hard to throw anything I think.

On a different note, the 49ers offense is absolutely abysmal.

Some of these games are really bad today. 3-0? What a terrible game. Hey look crabtree dropping passes. It's what he does best.

Hard to say anybody is back to earth when its a monsoon out there. Hard to throw anything I think.

He wasn't doing anything before the rain started, either, though. Overthrowing passes, making rookie decisions. Still a heck of a player. I didn't think he'd be so good so soon, but he has all the tools. He's gotten out of three should-have-been sacks today and gotten the ball out with a player draped on him - kind of like Steve McNair used to do - but faster and a great arm. The Panthers have to be thrilled with him so far. I would be.

Speaking of terrible, does this look like a flashback to when Vick was with ATL? Awful throws today so far.

Saints now on top of Texans by 17-16.

I didn't even realize the game as going on since they haven't been on the Red Zone. 5-10 in a monsoon is understandable, 3-0 is horrendous.

Speaking of terrible, does this look like a flashback to when Vick was with ATL? Awful throws today so far.

Yeah it does look like Vick of old.

Bills hawking the ball right back from Brady. That's two int's now.

Ugh, third dropped INT by the Jags defense today. Two on back-to-back plays. So close.

Yeah it does look like Vick of old.

Bills hawking the ball right back from Brady. That's two int's now.

Sure are, although the first one was a tipped pass. Great day to have the ticket since there are some bad games on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back