Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that we are still not done with "Get in the hole!"

In Tiger Woods 08 there is a guy that yells that everytime there is a ball hit onto the green. It's very annoying.

We have 5-6 inches of snow, with a thick layer of ice on top of it. If there is one time in the year you'd want to be able to garage your cars!

But no--we have the Driveway of Death. The plow service FINALLY showed up at 4:45 yesterday (after Boo and I had shoveled enough at the top to fit both cars there), but even that wasn't enough--more snow and then ice.

So our cars sit, frigid, at the top of the driveway, covered in frozen snow.

There's enough ice the kids can't even sled down our driveway, which is what they usually do. More snow predicted tonight.

Not being able to see the Cowboys game tonight on TV, in Texas.

Its available on Directv which 90% of sports bars all have.

Keep seeing a commercial for this:
https://www.asseenontvadvisor.com/slimclip/ver1/index.asp?did=978&refcode=sc6

Would anyone actually buy this?

31qYEwrP1aL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Promoted as a better alternative to "bulky" wallets which cause pain.
Really, you mean a opposed to a hunk of stainless steel in my back pocket?

I've actually got something similar on my Christmas list. The Coach wallet my wife got for me when we were still dating, is looking pretty rough, and starting to come apart.

Not being able to see the Cowboys game tonight on TV, in Texas.

The NFL channel isn't included in your cable package?

Most cable companies do not get the NFL network Harry. That is why so many are upset because the NFL is putting more and more games on their network, but they charge the cable companies a huge amount to carry the channel so they balked.

Most cable companies do not get the NFL network Harry. That is why so many are upset because the NFL is putting more and more games on their network, but they charge the cable companies a huge amount to carry the channel so they balked.

I didn't know that. I thought it was part of expanded basic like with my service (DirecTV). (Oh, btw, my receiver magically started working again today after DTV pushed through a new firmware. I'm willing to bet that they fouled it up the first time and that is what screwed me in the first place. That's been happening a lot lately.)

Wasn't it last year that they allowed a simulcast of the Dallas/Green Bay (?) game in local markets because of the outrage? I guess they aren't doing that anymore, eh?

They forced their hand with the cable companies and 90% of the cable companies said "No thank you". So with the exception of a few regionals and Verizon Fios, cable companies do not get the channel. In doing so, it has angered the general public.

THe thought was in doing this more people would go to Directv since that is their bread and butter anyway. But with the new upped cost of the Superfan package on Directv, it is just simply not worth it for most people.

I was a 10 year Directv subscriber. Loved them. When they went HD, I was one of the first to rush out and buy an HD box. THen HD tivo came out and I spent another grand on that one.

Then 3 months later they told me that they are going Mpreg4 and that my boxes would no longer work. I either had to buy new boxes or they would "lease" me boxes for a flat rate of $200 per box. I had it and cancelled.

I was pretty sure in Minnesota the television stations were not only under contract to play the Vikings games on network TV, but to also have no other football games playing at that time. Especially when they want the taxpayers to build them stadiums, I think broadcasting the games is the least they can do.

I don't understand why I should not only have to pay for cable TV (someone else here wants it) but to find out they want me to pay even MORE for things that used to be free, like NBC or football games? DirectTV, satellites, SuperFan stuff...when does it stop...is the NFL that strapped for cash?

I either had to buy new boxes or they would "lease" me boxes for a flat rate of $200 per box. I had it and cancelled.

That "lease" BS pisses me off too.

It's not a lease if you don't get to keep it at the end of the contract.

So, I paid $300 up front for the right to rent their HD receiver for a monthly fee. WTF is that?

But here, Comcast is way worse. I had them for years and was always in an argument with them. Overall, I've been pretty satisfied with DTV in comparison. I'm just sick of companies not being straightforward. Phone company, cable, internet providers, etc. . . . they are all using misleading practices. Just tell me what it costs, and then take care of me.

Well, we just drove around for an hour trying to find a place broadcasting the game. Many bars weren't playing it - we found two places, but they were shoulder-to-shoulder, standing room only, out the doors. I'm not going to stand outside watching through a window with a bunch of drunk Texans.

It was pretty cool though, we did find a Trans Siberian Orchestra laser and lights show. I guess if the NFL is going to be an exclusive club now, I need to find some more non-football things to do.

Well, we just drove around for an hour trying to find a place broadcasting the game. Many bars weren't playing it - we found two places, but they were shoulder-to-shoulder, standing room only, out the doors. I'm not going to stand outside watching through a window with a bunch of drunk Texans.

It was pretty cool though, we did find a Trans Siberian Orchestra laser and lights show. I guess if the NFL is going to be an exclusive club now, I need to find some more non-football things to do.

At least you are being spared the "analysis" (emphasis on anal) from Deion Sanders.

Julie, you know you can watch the game on NFL.com, right?

I hate rotating doors. There is enough room for two to go at a time but it's awkward because you have to go at the same speed or someone could get knocked down. If you chose to go alone than you have to wait until that person passes so you can get your own slot. I prefer the regular old push and pull doors.

I hate rotating doors. There is enough room for two to go at a time but it's awkward because you have to go at the same speed or someone could get knocked down. If you chose to go alone than you have to wait until that person passes so you can get your own slot. I prefer the regular old push and pull doors.

I hate it when they lock the normal doors and force you to use the revolving door!

Revolving door that's the right term, I knew rotating wasn't right but I couldn't think of the proper word. I totally agree DD I hate them. I know it's supposed to look cool or something but I still like the original push/pull.

Julie, you know you can watch the game on NFL.com, right?

It's not all of the game, but better than nothing. They showed the last 10 or 12 minutes straight of the 4th quarter which was good, I was worried they'd cut away. "Contractually, we can't show you the whole game."

As Josh says, "contractually with who? You're the NFL!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back