Nice game! What kind of average do you carry? I bowl collegiately for Georgia Southern, and my dad bowled professionally for a few years. I'm looking to get to that level myself. I'm actually not far from achieving it, but I have to finish school first.

I've got four 300 games but none were sanctioned. A lot of 279s in league though...

Nice game dude

Nice game! I threw my first 300, 2 weeks ago and when I let that 12th ball go, I was praying that I didn't leave a ringing 10 pin.

Congrats!!

@Tbird...

I have bowled for the majority of my life. I can PROMISE you... you shot a 299... you will have a 300 closely following. Its a big time mental thing, once you know you can shoot 299, the 300 will follow.

I have had about 10 300's with a high set of 857.

In that 857, I didnt shoot one 300... 299.259.299. Ima lefty and left a 7 pin on both 299's.

Your 300 will come... as will your 800.

CONGRATS on the 299 and good luck on your 300!

Nice game! 757 series isn't anything to scoff at either! Congrats!

I think my highest game is 212 or something like that. I think if I had a 299 I would have asked the alley if I could take the pin I left up home with me. This would be closely followed by a re-enactment of Office Space with the pin playing the part of the copier.

Congrats TBird. after that you'll be knockin on the door more often. If ya dont get it this season I predic ya'll have aout a dz 279's.. I know. lol

I bowled a 301 just now because Im OE effin M Kevin. B*tches!

If you did it once, you'll get a 300. Or if you're like me, you'll bowl for 18 years and have one 299, a couple 290s, and about ten 279s. And only have one 700 series. lol. I averaged between 196 and 199 for like 12 freakin' years. Never once got my average over 200.

I've also played golf for 38 years and never made a hole in one.

Kevin
Ya got me laughin about mine with this... I shot a 247, 147, 300 for a 694.. :banghead: LMAO, talk about a brain fart..
but like I posted TBird, now they'll start comin easier. or ya like me alot of 279s LOL

Nice score--

phatphingers like tapppytalk

I didn't bowl for fifteen years and came off the bench to average 205. I didn't play golf for the same length of time and routinely crapped the bed and took two years to get to an 8 hdcp who still can blow up in a blink of an eye.

I dont think there is a comparison.

Bowling is a game now to where averaging 200 is like shooting 130 on a golf course. Anyone can average 200 these days for the most part.

High averages in the leagues that I have locally participated in are in the range of high 230s and some 240s. Granted those guys are superbly good, but that is just flat out unreal. I have bowled for the majority of my life, very casually, but I have done it competitively and faired well.

I do not know alot about the game when it comes to adjustement... but I average right at 230 and I dont have a board that I can hit over and over. I look at an area. I also throw the ball two handed (left handed version of Jason Belmonte and Osku Palermo), so that helps me considering I get many more revolutions on the ball rather than a conventional one handed bowler.

Sure it can be a mental aspect in match play, but the difficulty is NOWHERE near the same.

For those wondering, I stopped bowling in 2009 completely. Just lost interest and accomplished everything I dreamed of. Sure, 900 is left, but I cant see that happening!

Ive shot 7/8 300s and I have had 6 800s with my high being a 857 (299,259,299).

All of the above for the most part are on house oil patterns which are ENTIRELY different than sport shots. I have had a 300/800 on a sport pattern, but the comparison is vastly different between those two. Professional bowlers cannot be compared to league bowlers. They can miss their mark by one board and their shot is complete crap. Myself, as a league bowler, I look at an AREA... if I did that on the PBA tour, I would average 150.

Old thread...

Shot my best 300 over the weekend. Didnt throw one bad shot. Everything was high flush. Felt good to throw all 12 really good.

Old thread...

Shot my best 300 over the weekend. Didnt throw one bad shot. Everything was high flush. Felt good to throw all 12 really good.

Congrats man. I haven't thrown a 300 in over 11 years. Got to many 279's to count... I love high flush, it seems just devasting to the rack. Todays equipment just takes the fun out of the game for me. This is the first season I haven't bowled in league in over 17 years. I don't miss it one bit. I can play up the ditch or coast to coast just depending on what I feel for the night, I just can't keep up the equipment hounds in my house that have something new every month or so.

I'm a 175 bowler, but my buddy who just joined THP is a 210 and had three 299 games in our league last year. He's a 10 handicap too lol

Tapa Slice

Congrats man. I haven't thrown a 300 in over 11 years. Got to many 279's to count... I love high flush, it seems just devasting to the rack. Todays equipment just takes the fun out of the game for me. This is the first season I haven't bowled in league in over 17 years. I don't miss it one bit. I can play up the ditch or coast to coast just depending on what I feel for the night, I just can't keep up the equipment hounds in my house that have something new every month or so.

I totally agree man. The equipment is bonkers. This is my first time bowling in like 3 years. A few buddies wanted to bowl league, so I decided to do it to keep myself busy in the winter.

I still throw bowling balls that are 5 years old. I have thought about trying to throw a plastic ball only just for giggles.

I am a two hander, so hooking a plastic ball isnt hard really.

I totally agree man. The equipment is bonkers. This is my first time bowling in like 3 years. A few buddies wanted to bowl league, so I decided to do it to keep myself busy in the winter.

I still throw bowling balls that are 5 years old. I have thought about trying to throw a plastic ball only just for giggles.

I am a two hander, so hooking a plastic ball isnt hard really.

Yeah the stuff is out of control. At first it was just resin and no big deal. Then all the exotic 3D core shapes with different densities and layers of different material. Now the chemists have started making exotic coverstocks and making them softer. A single ball won't last a full 33 week season, theres no way. I was throwing equipment that was 4 to 5 years old and it was just burned up and wouldn't hit.

You two handers and your 600 rpm's and 23 mph ball speeds. I have nothing against it and if I could do it, I would but it is something to behold.

Well right now I'm throwing 2 Stoms, a Reign Supreme & Frantic plus a KU ball for spares. Ava. is dropping down to 209 after last nite.

Sent from my DROID X2

Yeah the stuff is out of control. At first it was just resin and no big deal. Then all the exotic 3D core shapes with different densities and layers of different material. Now the chemists have started making exotic coverstocks and making them softer. A single ball won't last a full 33 week season, theres no way. I was throwing equipment that was 4 to 5 years old and it was just burned up and wouldn't hit.

You two handers and your 600 rpm's and 23 mph ball speeds. I have nothing against it and if I could do it, I would but it is something to behold.

HAHAHA! that is about right on the two hander notion.

If I was teaching bowling to a child, I wouldnt teach him any other way than two hands.

Well right now I'm throwing 2 Stoms, a Reign Supreme & Frantic plus a KU ball for spares. Ava. is dropping down to 209 after last nite.

Sent from my DROID X2

I haven't thrown as often as I did last year, so the average has dropped considerably (focusing more on golf) but I throw a Track 916AT, A Hammer Trap, and a Hammer Taboo. I use a Roto Grip Grenade for spares and incredibly dry lane conditions.

Shot a decent little 791 last night.

Back