Well, I need to pick up a birthday card for my mom so I decided to ride my bike over to CVS which is about a mile or so away. I was pretty scared to go by myself but I did it and I feel like a little kid, I am so proud of myself.

Getting the turns down now?

Hope you guys stick with this, I used to mountain bike quite a bit until I moved away from the park that had all the good trails etc. and never got back into it afterwards. It's a great way to run quick errands instead of jumping in the car real quick.

Hope you guys stick with this, I used to mountain bike quite a bit until I moved away from the park that had all the good trails etc. and never got back into it afterwards. It's a great way to run quick errands instead of jumping in the car real quick.

Once I can get my biking endurance up I plan to start riding the trails. We have a ton of them around here. I love that we have tunnels that go under the roads so someone like me who is new to biking again can use them instead of having to try and cross the street. I tried crossing a major intersection today and it was pretty scary ha.

Good choice.

Biking is so healthy. As someone else mentioned, good cardio with little to no impact.

I wish there were more trails where I live. I am pretty much relegated to using the trail that runs along the turnpike. Huge hills and the wind is in your face half the time. Really not as enjoyable as trail riding.

Hope you stick with it.

Once I can get my biking endurance up I plan to start riding the trails. We have a ton of them around here. I love that we have tunnels that go under the roads so someone like me who is new to biking again can use them instead of having to try and cross the street. I tried crossing a major intersection today and it was pretty scary ha.

Yeah those tunnels sound nice. I don't know about down there in FL, but these agressive NJ drivers aren't generally very wary or respectful of bikers.

Great decision on a new activity/hobby. I would regularly kick up some dirt on the single track trails while I was in Indiana. My move to Iowa put that to a halt with the lack of the dirt trails. I have discovered a large amount of paved trails in my area so I'll probably join the road bike crowd next year as well as participate in RAGBRI.

Great decision on a new activity/hobby. I would regularly kick up some dirt on the single track trails while I was in Indiana. My move to Iowa put that to a halt with the lack of the dirt trails. I have discovered a large amount of paved trails in my area so I'll probably join the road bike crowd next year as well as participate in RAGBRI.

holy Dirt Guy appearance!

Cycling is one of the other hobbies I enjoy, but I have not gone for a decent ride in about a year. I have my bike set up on my trainer in the garage and seeing as winter is coming soon, I am pretty sure that is where it is going to stay. I love cycling though, such a great way to just clear your mind.

Yeah those tunnels sound nice. I don't know about down there in FL, but these agressive NJ drivers aren't generally very wary or respectful of bikers.

The drivers here are pretty bad too. Luckily we live in a very suburban area where people are walking, jogging and biking all day long so the drivers are pretty respectful of that.

Down this way the cyclists literally have no fear. They fly through traffic and cut in and out of everything. Their bravery surprises me, as there are 1 or 2 elderly drivers here in Sarasota that cant even see over their steering wheel.

Cycling is one of the other hobbies I enjoy, but I have not gone for a decent ride in about a year. I have my bike set up on my trainer in the garage and seeing as winter is coming soon, I am pretty sure that is where it is going to stay. I love cycling though, such a great way to just clear your mind.

Love putting the bike on the trainer and watching tv. Can knock out an hour of cardio and not even notice.

holy Dirt Guy appearance!

I know dude. The new job and lady friend left my THP time to being a ghost in the background.

The drivers here are pretty bad too. Luckily we live in a very suburban area where people are walking, jogging and biking all day long so the drivers are pretty respectful of that.

That's good to hear. By me there's a lot of farmer types with their big pickups and they have no regard for anything around them.

Love putting the bike on the trainer and watching tv. Can knock out an hour of cardio and not even notice.

I used to do this all the time, I would watch Man vs. Wild. haha. I don't know why that was my show of choice, but I would hop on the bike and find the most recent Man vs Wild episode and just ride until it was over.

I used to do this all the time, I would watch Man vs. Wild. haha. I don't know why that was my show of choice, but I would hop on the bike and find the most recent Man vs Wild episode and just ride until it was over.

Do those trainers fit all types of bikes or just the road style? I've always been curious about one.

Do those trainers fit all types of bikes or just the road style? I've always been curious about one.

The one I have is for my road bike, but I am sure you can find a trainer for just about any kind.

I have a road bike on mine, but you can use it with either. The only issue with using a mountain bike (or similar) on the trainer is the tires are going to make a lot of noise. Mine is super quite with a road bike on it.

I have a road bike on mine, but you can use it with either. The only issue with using a mountain bike (or similar) on the trainer is the tires are going to make a lot of noise. Mine is super quite with a road bike on it.

They make a smooth road tire for mountain bikes. That could work for the winter time in some areas.

I tried the trainer for a bit and got really bored. I just bought heavier gear and bared the weather.

I had no idea this trainer thing you all are talking about even existed, I am going to have to look that up.

Basically, it just turns it in to a stationary bike. Nice to have, especially when it's raining but you still want to ride or you are working on endurance.

Basically, it just turns it in to a stationary bike. Nice to have, especially when it's raining but you still want to ride or you are working on endurance.

What a great idea. Is there anywhere specific I should look or basically just google bike trainer?

What a great idea. Is there anywhere specific I should look or basically just google bike trainer?

Contact where you got the bike from. I know Giant makes all different types of trainers, and the guy that sold you the bike should be able to get his hands on one (if not have them in stock).

EDIT: He may also have a smaller brand for less $.

for the love of rope hook me hey-zoos, just wear a helmet if you do. I've seen too many people get concussions and have their head split open from not wearing one.

Back