Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
worked from 8-3:30 today stupidest day ever, and the nice supervisor is leaving so I'm stuck with a jerk manager and another supervisor who hates her life for a full year, Was fine, got home, and just crashed. Wasted a whole hour and a half of my day. Sleeping sucks during the day

Better Craig?

We publish a quarterly newsletter, which we write ourselves. The layout guy is Hubby's friend since high school, and an early (though small) client. So we can't fire him.

We write it in Word, but he has a Mac. I always FAX him hard copies of my articles, because the formatting tends to mess up.

The first draft always comes back with weird diacriticals where my em dashes are, and other similarly strange stuff. Does this fellow not even proof his work? Doesn't he care about it? Makes me insane to send him three pages of comments back, just telling him to fix the formatting back to what I'd sent him in the first place.

I just watched tropic thunder, and it really sucked. And Now i have a massive headache.

worked 7-4 NYE... essentially went to my girlfriends house after work, had a few glasses of the bubbly, had a small interuption, watched the ball drop, another interuption and in bed bt 1210

Those interuptions did not sound like they lasted that long...hehe Bringing in the new year with a bang.

Those interuptions did not sound like they lasted that long...hehe Bringing in the new year with a bang.

haha, yeah... you could say that

the first lap sent me packing, 2009 started with a small sprint haha

mini rant:

why do people use their signal when merging onto the highway? yes, I know you are going left... I was assuming you never considered bearing right into the marshland, correct?

mini rant:

why do people use their signal when merging onto the highway? yes, I know you are going left... I was assuming you never considered bearing right into the marshland, correct?

To my recollection that's actually the law...but I personally find it most confusing when they use it even though they have a continuous merge lane...I don't know if they're going to jump in front of me or stay in their lane (usually the latter, after you've already braked...) I use it only if I have to pull in to get on the highway.

It is not the law. The law according to the court (I fought one of these recently and won) is that you must use a turning signal only if it impedes traffic. You do not have to use one to change lanes unless someone is close enough to need the warning...Again according to the judge.

It is not the law. The law according to the court (I fought one of these recently and won) is that you must use a turning signal only if it impedes traffic. You do not have to use one to change lanes unless someone is close enough to need the warning...Again according to the judge.

OK, maybe it varies state to state. My Minnesota book here says it is. I thought it was - a friend once got a ticket for not using it on a completely empty highway. That's confusing, since people learn to drive in all different states.

OK, maybe it varies state to state. My Minnesota book here says it is. I thought it was - a friend once got a ticket for not using it on a completely empty highway. That's confusing, since people learn to drive in all different states.

To my recollection that's actually the law...but I personally find it most confusing when they use it even though they have a continuous merge lane...I don't know if they're going to jump in front of me or stay in their lane (usually the latter, after you've already braked...) I use it only if I have to pull in to get on the highway.

of course, I am a complete MASSHOLE so I don't even use them when I turning/changing lanes...

around here blinkers just let the person in the other lane know to speed up and block you out...

I hate when people throw on their blinkers and expect a spot to just appear. NO, you look for the spot, THEN put on your blinker as an alert.

Moment from just yesterday:
Mike: You need to merge right.
Julie: OK.
Mike: Julie, put on your blinker.
Julie: I'm looking.
Mike: Put on your blinker so they know you need to merge.
Julie: No, I'm looking for the spot first, I'll turn on my blinker when I'm about to merge.
Mike: That's not how you do it!
Mike's older brother: Um, no, that's exactly how you do it.

In VA if you change lanes without using a turn signal you can be ticketed for "improper lane change".

I hate when people throw on their blinkers and expect a spot to just appear. NO, you look for the spot, THEN put on your blinker as an alert.

Moment from just yesterday:
Mike: You need to merge right.
Julie: OK.
Mike: Julie, put on your blinker.
Julie: I'm looking.
Mike: Put on your blinker so they know you need to merge.
Julie: No, I'm looking for the spot first, I'll turn on my blinker when I'm about to merge.
Mike: That's not how you do it!
Mike's older brother: Um, no, that's exactly how you do it.

Uhhh okay, so you don't give other drivers a heads up your getting over, that sounds real safe and considerate.

of course, I am a complete MASSHOLE so I don't even use them when I turning/changing lanes...

Having driven in Boston a (long) while back, I was under the impression (from watching local drivers) that lane markers were just suggestions.

Largely ignored suggestions.

And you all thought Claire and Harry had their minds in the gutter...PG kids...PG.

I'm just kidding :act-up:

I'm totally innocent!

Last time I was in North Carolina, I concluded it is illegal to use blinkers in the south.

I pretty much never use my signals, if I see a spot I take it. The only time the blinker comes out is in traffic or if I see a cop.

Uhhh okay, so you don't give other drivers a heads up your getting over, that sounds real safe and considerate.

Huh? Me? No, if you read it, that's exactly the opposite of what I do.

I'm saying I get annoyed with the people who flick on their blinker, then drive for 3-5 minutes before actually getting over. You see them, you wonder if they changed their minds and forgot to turn it off, or if they forgot from a long time ago, or what are they----oh wait, they're merging now.

Step one: look
Step two: find spot
Step three: signal intent
Step four: merge

Huh? Me? No, if you read it, that's exactly the opposite of what I do.

I'm saying I get annoyed with the people who flick on their blinker, then drive for 3-5 minutes before actually getting over. You see them, you wonder if they changed their minds and forgot to turn it off, or if they forgot from a long time ago, or what are they----oh wait, they're merging now.

Step one: look
Step two: find spot
Step three: signal intent
Step four: merge

I thought it was:

Step 1 - Cut a hole in the box.
Step 2 - Put your ___ in the box.
Step 3 - Make her open the box.

Oh wait, no. That was something completely different.

Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back