THP Fantasy Football Week 7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly don't get it. Who's QB hoarding?

I have 3 QBs right now...

Christian Ponder
Kyle Orton
Andy Dalton

Anyone wanna trade for them??? haha

I still hate the QB hoarding. RB hoarding is different. They break, lose their starting gig and there just aren't that many good ones. So you hoard what you can. But there is no reason to have more then two QB's. One starter and the bye week fill in guy.
I had 2, traded Hasselbeck for MJD. Picked up Beck to fill in for this week as Brady is on a BYE. Would rather have WR/RB fill my bench than extra QBs.

I certainly don't get it. Who's QB hoarding?
I havent noticed much of it in League 1, but I guess if you have 1 crappy QB, it wont hurt to have 3 crappy QBs and play matchups.

I have 3 QBs right now...

Christian Ponder
Kyle Orton
Andy Dalton

Anyone wanna trade for them??? haha

Why are you holding on to Orton? Should have dropped it him a week ago.

We have a couple QB hoarders. See below LOL

See your problem is you dont have a clear cut #1 so you are hoarding in hopes that one breaks out. I can fix that for you but you will need to let go of Foster. HAHA

Lol..... but he is untouchable!!!

Just had an autopick trade.

thechosen1, I am deep at WR, and trading MJD for 2 more WRs would leave me practically depleted at RB.

He is on the cut list right now. But I am waiting for waivers to clear tomorrow. I picked Ponder up in case my waiver pickup doesnt go through.

I have Orton from my trade with Chunky as my backup but then he lost his job. Now Im screwed for a backup and of course there's nothing on waiver.

Just sent a trade to Nebraska Iceys! Come get it!!

Its pretty much a 1st round pick and a conditional 2nd round.

He is on the cut list right now. But I am waiting for waivers to clear tomorrow. I picked Ponder up in case my waiver pickup doesnt go through.

You don't have to drop anyone. OEM isn't dropping Orton.

You're welcome for the breakdown One-T. But I'm not going to sit here and watch you and others puke about how awesome your team is. Do I think it could be better? Yes. Fact is, you're only gonna start two of those RB's so why do you need the three that you have? I'm giving you an opportunity to give you a TE that avg's around 12 points per week. I'm just trying to help solidify your team. That's all.

I am saying those things to talk some smack. Thats all. You will never see my point....I can only play 2 RB's...your right...or I can play 3 if I need to. They are mediocre at best. I know. But, I refuse to give up 1 of 3 RB's. Your trying to give yourself a 3rd RB. Like I have. Not solidify my team...your team. Thats all

I am saying those things to talk some smack. Thats all. You will never see my point....I can only play 2 RB's...your right...or I can play 3 if I need to. They are mediocre at best. I know. But, I refuse to give up 1 of 3 RB's. Your trying to give yourself a 3rd RB. Like I have. Not solidify my team...your team. Thats all

I have 4 RB's, two of which are on a bye week. I don't NEED one of your RB's but I certainly don't need a WR. I'm deep at that position. I don't see how picking up Jonathan Stewart solidifies my team dude. He'll never play, just like he doesn't on your team. It was just what it was going to take for you to get a legit TE.

I have Orton from my trade with Chunky as my backup but then he lost his job. Now Im screwed for a backup and of course there's nothing on waiver.

After this week, I will have Beck up for a trade. When are the Panthers on BYE?

I have 4 RB's, two of which are on a bye week. I don't NEED one of your RB's but I certainly don't need a WR. I'm deep at that position. I don't see how picking up Jonathan Stewart solidifies my team dude. He'll never play, just like he doesn't on your team. It was just what it was going to take for you to get a legit TE.

yes...you do have 4. @ of which IMHO are worthless. One is a handcuff for you. Smart move. The other your just holding and hoping. Rogers has a HUGE 16 points for the year.

No player on The Strippers is untouchable. You just have to put the green in the string.

Now, if my team was called "My Junk", it would be untouchable.

Great article at CBSSports on Fantasy Trade Valuation, including a Trade Value Chart depending on what type of League you're in. Too much info to copy/paste into this post.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...5756779/fantasy-reality-making-the-right-deal

Maybe I am not reading it properly but what do the numbers to the right of the the position ranks mean?

Fantasy Trade Chart
Standard PPR Two-QB
Top 3 QB 12 12 16
Excellent QB 8 8 12
Very Good QB 6 6 10
Good QB 4 4 8
Top 7 RB 12 12 12
Very Good RB 8 10 8
Good RB 4 6 4
Average RB 2 4 2
Top 2 WR 12 14 12
Very Good WR 8 10 8
Good WR 4 6 4
Average WR 2 4 2
Top 3 TE 8 10 8
Good TE 4 6 4
Average TE 2 4 2

Maybe I am not reading it properly but what do the numbers to the right of the the position ranks mean?

Fantasy Trade Chart
Standard
PPR
Two-QB
Top 3 QB
Excellent QB
Very Good QB
Good QB
Top 7 RB
Very Good RB
Good RB
Average RB
Top 2 WR
Very Good WR
Good WR
Average WR
Top 3 TE
Good TE
Average TE

Player value. Example THP is in a PPR league (2nd column). Aaron Rodgers could have a "value" of 12 (Top 3 QB). If you own him, "fair" value in exchange would be a "excellent QB (value of 8)" and an avg RB (value of 4)", Or 2 "good" RB's (value of 6).

The columnist does add the below to keep in mind

Some additional notes:
If either side is giving more than two players than the other side, it's not a fair deal. Any wise guy can go through all of this and find some silly trades that "would be fair" according to the chart. For example, six average wide receivers for Aaron Rodgers. Get real. Add this rule of thumb to your trading technique: Three-for-one trades happen all the time, four-for-one trades might suggest collusion or a guy giving up way, way too much. Try to keep the number of players in the deal even as best as you can.

You can create your own values. What if you have a player who's not listed above? Use your judgment, and perhaps agree to a value on that player with your trading partner. DeAngelo Williams is a fair example -- would you say he's a good running back or an average running back? What if you and the owner you're bickering with can't decide a hard-and-fast value for someone who is listed? Why not split the difference? Let's just say that you think Eric Decker is good (four points) but the guy you're haggling with isn't hot for him and thinks he's average (two points). Count him as three points and move along.
Fantasy points do not equal Fantasy value. Just because two players are even in Fantasy points does not mean they should be dealt for each other. I know Victor Cruz has been outstanding with 55 Fantasy points in standard leagues but I'd still rather have Arian Foster (who has 54 points so far), thank you very much.
Things change. This should be obvious but just in case it's not, players' values fluctuate on a weekly basis. Matt Ryan might have been considered a stud-in-waiting after he threw for four touchdowns in Week 2 vs. the Eagles. He's thrown as many in the four weeks since. Can't consider him the same guy. Injuries also play a role -- LeGarrette Blount, Felix Jones and Jahvid Best have had their great moments for Fantasy owners but are banged up, so their values aren't as high.
Your league may vary. Not all leagues are created equal and the trade chart will change things for people in deeper leagues or PPR leagues that can start four wideouts. It wouldn't be considered crazy to tack on one point at positions that are considered more valuable in unique scoring leagues.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not only is every Fantasy league different, but every Fantasy owner thinks for his or her own self. Just because we say the basis for a trade is "fair" does not mean your fellow owners will agree. Some owners will say no to a deal because they don't think it's in their best interests, which is understandable. But some owners will overvalue and undervalue players for the darndest reasons ("He was sooo good last year," or, "He went to the same school that I did."). Again, please use this chart as a starting point in trades and not a basis of absolute finality when it comes to deeming a trade fair or not.

ok well put. I just didnt realize that was player value. makes sense now.

That the bye week that is going to kill me for QB's, both of mine have a bye on week 9.

Beck will be available after this week, how effective he will be, no clue.

ok well put. I just didnt realize that was player value. makes sense now.

Rodgers might not be the best example this year. He's a freak of nature right now. Maybe he's worth 14 and QB's 2 & 3 (Brady & Brees) are worth 12. I still don't value Newton equal to them regardless of what he's done the first 6 weeks).

John Clayton just reported that Bradford is facing an uphill battle trying to gear up for Sunday's game. He said he expected Feeley to start.

John Clayton just reported that Bradford is facing an uphill battle trying to gear up for Sunday's game. He said he expected Feeley to start.

ouch...another loss for STL. Might as well rest any players that are not 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back