Under Armour Amour Bite REVIEW

Very interesting reviews on a product I had never ever considered but will now, thanks.

got a chance to use this my last round... i only used it for 9 holes and took it out. i liked using it for my drives especially but didn't like it when i was putting. and youre not supposed to chew on this mouthpiece and i usually do with mine for when i play hockey so it was difficult keeping it alone for the round. gonna try it again next time im out see if i see any other results.

got a chance to use this my last round... i only used it for 9 holes and took it out. i liked using it for my drives especially but didn't like it when i was putting. and youre not supposed to chew on this mouthpiece and i usually do with mine for when i play hockey so it was difficult keeping it alone for the round. gonna try it again next time im out see if i see any other results.
Any difference between the 2 9's? Scoring? Shot making? Ball striking? Etc?

So I bought this last night and fitted it for my round tomorrow morning.<BR><BR>
a2ffa4a7.jpg
</SPAN><BR>

You may be able to see that the packaging was a little frustrating but once I got it open all was good. First things first READ the instructions, I never do and there are some helpful pointers in there. Second, see that yellow thing next to the instructions? Throw it out, it was supposed to help you hold the mouth piece while it is in the boiling water but it's plastic so the piece just fell right out as it became soft. Use anything that doesn't melt or become soft in boiling water.

821953a6.jpg

Fitting it was easy just use a mirror to line up the little slit in the middle of the mouth piece with the middle of your teeth and form it like a normal mouth guard. It was barely noticeable when I had it in but my girlfriend did make fun of the slight lisp I had. Very excited to try this out on the course tomorrow!

I've been following this thread and this piece is very interesting...hoping to see more THPers give some opinions on how it has affected performance on the course and range. For 30 bucks, if this will help my game, I'll dive right in.

So do you wear it the entire round, or keep taking it out after you hit a shot? Also, does it increase saliva in your mouth when you're wearing it?

So do you wear it the entire round, or keep taking it out after you hit a shot? Also, does it increase saliva in your mouth when you're wearing it?

When I was wearing it last night it didn't seem to creat more saliva, it feels like it kind of snaps into your teeth noth like a traditional mouth piece.

I am planning on wearing it the whole round, it is comfortable, just taking it out when I have a drink or food obviously, thats why i got the case for it.

I might actually buy one now... This seems less "gimmicky" than those magnetic bracelets.

Thanks a ton for the review and all the info. This follow's something I have preached for many years, breathing properly is as good or better than an extra club in the bag. My high school coach actually spent a lot of time with us on breathing techniques that I still use today. Flooding your brain with oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide can't do anything but sharpen focus, balance and endurance. I incorporated these breathing techniques into my pool game years ago and can see extreme results when I take the time during tournaments.

This thing should help in anything that requires more and constant focus, I certainly plan to have one by spring. My only concern is during HOTD video's. P4B all ready makes fun of how I talk, haha

Very interesting read guys. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

B and G, good luck with the Armour Bite tomorrow! I really hope it helps you as much as it did me. I just wish I hadn't waited till as late in the season as I did to give it a shot. I'll be interested to read if you had similar results. We can compare after your round. Good luck again!

Nice write up Buckjob! Glad to hear that you found some positives and a place to use it and it wasn't a wasted $30 hahaha. Hope it continues to help on the tee.

B and G, good luck with the Armour Bite tomorrow! I really hope it helps you as much as it did me. I just wish I hadn't waited till as late in the season as I did to give it a shot. I'll be interested to read if you had similar results. We can compare after your round. Good luck again!

I will let you know how it works! I was looking into this a couple years ago when I was reading about pro athletes using it but they didn't make an affordable one back then, they were in the thousands from dentists so I just chalked it up to something I would never spend that much money on. I'm so glad you wrote this review otherwise I doubt I would have even known about it.

I will let you know how it works! I was looking into this a couple years ago when I was reading about pro athletes using it but they didn't make an affordable one back then, they were in the thousands from dentists so I just chalked it up to something I would never spend that much money on. I'm so glad you wrote this review otherwise I doubt I would have even known about it.

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm with you. I read about it and looked into getting one at the dentist and balked at the price. Good luck again!

Any difference between the 2 9's? Scoring? Shot making? Ball striking? Etc?

hard to say i played really well both 9 to be honest. i used it today at the range and i honestly dunno if it makes much of a difference... will be using it again tomorrow for at least half my round. try to get a better feel for if it was worth the money or not.

hard to say i played really well both 9 to be honest. i used it today at the range and i honestly dunno if it makes much of a difference... will be using it again tomorrow for at least half my round. try to get a better feel for if it was worth the money or not.

I know personally - I just felt more calm with it. I can't say if it is all mental or not but I did notice that. Thoughts?

Well I only used it on the first hole today which I double bogeyed. Not that it's the mouthguards fault or anything but for me it's more of a distraction. I don't wanna keep it in. I can't talk well with it in. So I'm constantly messing with it. I prob will give it another go when I'm golfing alone but I really don't see much advantages for me with this. If I could just leave it in and alone I'd prob be better off. But I keep thinking about it and when I'm golfing I don't like to have thoughts in my head about stuff. Especially a mouth guard.

Well I only used it on the first hole today which I double bogeyed. Not that it's the mouthguards fault or anything but for me it's more of a distraction. I don't wanna keep it in. I can't talk well with it in. So I'm constantly messing with it. I prob will give it another go when I'm golfing alone but I really don't see much advantages for me with this. If I could just leave it in and alone I'd prob be better off. But I keep thinking about it and when I'm golfing I don't like to have thoughts in my head about stuff. Especially a mouth guard.

I can see that as being an issue. For me, I constantly play with things in my mouth as it is so it feels normal. Anyways- I hope it works better for you next time!

It's not a horrible idea. I think playing ice hockey and only putting it in for a shift then taking it out the rest of the time also doesn't help it's cause.

I want to make one of these out of one of my older hockey mouth guards.

its pretty different than any hockey mouth guard ive used before to be honest Thainer. doesn't cover the front teeth and the back is not that hard kinda squishy around the teeth. with hard plastic holding it together.

I know, but I think if I boil and remold it to my bottom teeth, I can get handy with a precision knife and shape it in properly. Ive always had UA mouthguards, so itll be as squishy as the normal UA guards.
its pretty different than any hockey mouth guard ive used before to be honest Thainer. doesn't cover the front teeth and the back is not that hard kinda squishy around the teeth. with hard plastic holding it together.

Back