Do you use a glove?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I never did up until a few years ago. But now I really have to because of the humidity and extra grip.

I always have, except for putting, not sure it does anything but wear it anyway.

• Admin
OT- But congrats on 20 Farmer Golf. You are now in the contest tonight.

Can go either way, but wear a glove most of the time just not when I'm putting....

I have to wear a glove when playing. If not I get really bad blisters. I am still trying to decide if I like putting better with or without a glove. However, right now I am such a bad putter I don't think it really matters. That is the next thing I am going to really focus on.

On a side note: Congrat's Farmer on your 20th post!!

Always (except putting of course).

You can find thin ones that breathe well.

Always (except putting of course).

You can find thin ones that breathe well.

That's what I love about the Gloveit gloves, they are thin and breathe well. It prevents the blisters but still allows me to get a good grip on the club...and they come in a ton of cute patterns and colors.

That would work...

I just have one that's thin white leather (don't remember if it's real leather or not) and a bunch of little holes in it. Between the fingers is thin little fabric. Pretty standard...works well.

At any rate, when I'm hot, I'm just going to be uncomfortable...the glove isn't going to make much of a difference...I'd rather not have the sore hand.

yes. Often take it off around the green.

I wear a glove. As far as putting, I stil don't always remember to take it off, even though I intend to.

I wear a glove on full swings, but I take if off for putting, chipping and pitching. I find that pitching is easier without a glove because it allows me to release the club more on my downswing, which helps me to hit high flop shots. I find that on full shots, a glove gives me more control of the club because of the higher level of grip.
Speaking of gloves, I was at a local sporting goods store yesterday seeing what deals were out there on Bridestone golfballs and I see Taylormade makes pink golf gloves. Thats something you ladies (and men if you swing that way...) might want to check out.

Real men wear pink...hehe

I use a glove for every shot that is a full swing. If I am playing any type of touch shot or shot that I am playing less than full I take the glove off. I don't know that it does but I feel like I have better feel for the shot without the glove. This goes for putting and chipping as well.

I did not wear a glove when I played frequently. So I started using a glove about 5 years ago when my first daughter was born.

Im wearing a pink SubSeventy shirt today.

You're more secure in your masculinity than I am.

Can't play without a glove, funny thing is I usually get blisters on my glove hand when I am wearing one.

This summer when I started playing I wore a glove for the humidity but now I never wear one I'm thinking about the new Winn grips that way maybe I won't have to wear a glove in the summer either

Yes. For everything except putting.

I have to wear one. Too many years of playing baseball, it's like a batting glove - just need to have it on.

And as for the pink topic - I'll leave that to you JB. It doesn't work for me, and the fiance hates the color pink. Purple, on the other hand... :clapp:

personal preferences I guess, but for me its a glove 100% of the time

I'm with Smallie on this--wear it but forget to take it off to putt. I found some really thin FJ gloves last year, and they don't affect putting at all. It's easier not to hassle with taking it on and off.

I'm with Smallie on this--wear it but forget to take it off to putt. I found some really thin FJ gloves last year, and they don't affect putting at all. It's easier not to hassle with taking it on and off.

NEVER wear the glove when putting... oh man, I can't stand when I see people doing that

its simple, emulate what is done on tour

Back