Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it appears a few friends are exasperated by the amount of golf equipment I test out then move along and I was issued an interesting challange. Assuming I can sell everything extra what they want is for me to build a bag all entirely from Callaway preowned and play it for the entire year. Nothing but grip changes or warranty repairs. An intriguing challanging nes pas?

I actually put together a damn sweet bag for $1200 for everything but a ball. And when I say sweet I mean razr forged irons, custom shafts in near everything. It's amazing just how much awesome quality stuff Callaway puts out there.

You lost me at the play it for the entire year part... lol

My Golftec itting didn't go so well today. I started off with my driver, and threw out some good shots. My SS was between 108 and 112 the whole time, and I was surprised because I didn't feel like I was swinging that quickly, cool. My SS averaged at 110, launch was 11.5, and spin averaged at 3100. But I had one that was over 4000 that brought it up, most of them were in the 2600 range. The computer said I needed to bring my launch up to around 13 and spin closer to 2600. Like I said in actuality my spin was closer to 2600, but my launch were mostly around 11 so I guess that needs to come up.

All of the drivers the computer spit out were 10.5 heads with X-flex shafts. I have been thinking I needed a 9.5 with a stiff.

Unforunately they had very few X-flex shafts at Gofltec. Of the clubs that were reccomended, I was able to hit the R11 with stock X-flex Blur, Octane with Project X 6.5, and G15 with stock Xflex. I also hit the VR Pro with a X-Stiff Fubuki of some sort.

When I started to swing the clubs, all hell broke loose with my swing. I started with the R11 and it felt like crap and I hit it worse, I noticed my SS was down, and tried to step on it to see if it would make the shaft feel a little better. My swing of course slowed down further, and I never got my swing back. I quickly fell into all of my old habits of over rotating my hips and coming over the top. I started to get it straightened out at the end, but the fitting was over. At one point I was swinging at 94 mph, nearly 20 mph slower than my top.

My favorite of the ones I hit was the Nike, but it was basically useless since my swing was so screwed up. I am wondering if my swing went south before hitting the R11 and that is why I hated it, or if trying to speed up my swing to fit the R11 is what screwed up the swing. It was just like a light switch, I went from swinging the club well to just crap. OH well, at least I didn't pay for the fitting

Overall the software they used for the fitting seemed pretty decent, but I don't think I would do another fitting there, just due to their lack of shafts that fit me. They had a great selection in Reg and Stiff.

Contemplating which new driver my wife is going to buy me for my b-day. Time to go into "hit every possible option" mode. I will probably start with the Octane as I have the tour version in the 3 wood and I love it dearly. I really want to try the R11 too though i don't care for the white look at all....

Miyazaki shafts instead of new irons *depending on price and release date*

Miyazaki shafts instead of new irons *depending on price and release date*

That could be awesome for you. I really hope that works out for you either way.

That could be awesome for you. I really hope that works out for you either way.

Haha me too. Pretty lame that I cant hit a GIR to save my life right now.

Haha me too. Pretty lame that I cant hit a GIR to save my life right now.

Don't worry, me neither. I hit 2/18 yesterday... Lol.

I'm not exactly pondering this, but I didn't have any other place to post it. Calling OEM Kevin and mcook77:

pg-10pplt-nfl.jpg

Where did you see that Ary? Is that the Birdie putting greens? Wrong name probably...birdie ball or whatever. I want it.

I'm not exactly pondering this, but I didn't have any other place to post it. Calling OEM Kevin and mcook77:

pg-10pplt-nfl.jpg

Love it! Whoever needs ideas for Christmas there you go, PM for the address. :alien:

Where did you see that Ary? Is that the Birdie putting greens? Wrong name probably...birdie ball or whatever. I want it.

TourLinks I think

Crap...choked on my gum when I saw the price. Ouch!!

whoa, yeah not spending $950 on a 4x10 green. For one its expensive and its not all that big.

whoa, yeah not spending $950 on a 4x10 green. For one its expensive and its not all that big.

I think that's the one JB has at THP right? Minus the Dallas logo

If you were a true playa for life, youd get this one:

ntpg-59pp-1.jpg

Only a cool $4200 LOL

If you were a true playa for life, youd get this one:

ntpg-59pp-1.jpg

Only a cool $4200 LOL
It would be cheaper to build an actual putting green in the backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back