Miyazaki C. Kua Iron Shafts

I'll post some thoughts tomorrow but I've had two nights in a row with these and I'm impressed so far. Well struck shots well, they're great. Sure the club heads are phenominal but having hit the Nippons (which I loved) and these, there is definitely a difference in feel. I've been a fan of the C Kua shaft since I first had the Mashie and this is not disappointing so far. Can't wait to go over more tomorrow!

I'll post some thoughts tomorrow but I've had two nights in a row with these and I'm impressed so far. Well struck shots well, they're great. Sure the club heads are phenominal but having hit the Nippons (which I loved) and these, there is definitely a difference in feel. I've been a fan of the C Kua shaft since I first had the Mashie and this is not disappointing so far. Can't wait to go over more tomorrow!

Good to know! I am actually thinking of putting these in my RXFs now instead of buying a whole new set.

Good to know! I am actually thinking of putting these in my RXFs now instead of buying a whole new set.

They are a little stiffer in the tip I think than the Prolaunch Blues and I don't think you'd miss a beat.

They are a little stiffer in the tip I think than the Prolaunch Blues and I don't think you'd miss a beat.

Still pretty high launching though right?

Still pretty high launching though right?

They are but I think I hit them about as high as I did the Nippons. No noticeable difference to the naked eye. They ball is like a rocket though.

They are but I think I hit them about as high as I did the Nippons. No noticeable difference to the naked eye. They ball is like a rocket though.

Mind if I crash your next session lol? These really were the only graphite shafts I considered looking at since anything else "light" doesnt seem to hold up for me but I know Miyazaki brings a whole new quality to shafts.

Mind if I crash your next session lol? These really were the only graphite shafts I considered looking at since anything else "light" doesnt seem to hold up for me but I know Miyazaki brings a whole new quality to shafts.

Sure man. Although I'm not sure that light really has any impact on holding up. I think even the Prolaunch Blues would hold up just fine to your swing as well. A lot have misconception that Graphite shafts are weaker than steel and its just not the case. The Blues are an awesome quality shaft as well. It just boils down to how well it fits your swing.

Sure man. Although I'm not sure that light really has any impact on holding up. I think even the Prolaunch Blues would hold up just fine to your swing as well. A lot have misconception that Graphite shafts are weaker than steel and its just not the case. The Blues are an awesome quality shaft as well. It just boils down to how well it fits your swing.

Yeah I love graphite shafts...they have a horrible rep but personally the fact that they are great for injuries makes them a great pick over steel for a lot of people. I just meant that the past shafts tended to not work that well because they werent stiff enough or they were too heavy. Excited to see these in person though just let me know when and where.

What are you trying to do to me Yoccos? I want to hit these baaaaaadly

Yeah I love graphite shafts...they have a horrible rep but personally the fact that they are great for injuries makes them a great pick over steel for a lot of people. I just meant that the past shafts tended to not work that well because they werent stiff enough or they were too heavy. Excited to see these in person though just let me know when and where.

Yeah, sometimes people get a misconception that stiff in graphite is somehow not as stiff as steel, just not the case from my experience. The C Kua's are definitely a stiff flex shaft and definitely have a great feel.

What are you trying to do to me Yoccos? I want to hit these baaaaaadly

Hahahaha.. I'm not doing anything! I think you'd like them.

Dear Yoccos,

All I want for Christmas is the C Kua shafts. Please make it happen

Love, Chunky

Just checked into this thread for the 1st time and the excitement is evident. I too will be checking in often to read your thoughts on these shafts, and the pictures at the beginning of the thread are just sick. Excellent choice of grips to complement the shafts. Keep up the good work TMex.

I love that you have these installed on those Zstars. Great move. I'm looking forward to hitting them this weekend while at THP. These shafts could easily persuade me to make the switch to graphite

Do you notice any positive/negative effects of the lighter weight compared to the Nippons, Tmex?

Do you notice any positive/negative effects of the lighter weight compared to the Nippons, Tmex?

Great question, I wondered about the swing weight myself and if I would have to go stiffer because my ss picked up so dang much, lol.

Im not even sure that the Z-Stars have this option (Im sure they will be, but they are 12 month apart products). Yoccos purchased the irons and got the shafts separately.

Where can the iron shafts be found for purchase ?

Chunky, I'll send you some video of me hitting them! When i take some lol.

DawgDaddy, they're even better looking in hand. It's nice because I'm just updating thoughts and progress. Hoping to bring you all along for the ride!

I took Monday and Tuesday to really get a good feel for the shafts. My usual practice routine involves hitting 2 balls with a club then moving. For whatever reason the last few sessions (monday included) werent like that. It really showed on Tuesday how beneficial it is to focus on moving from club to club for me. Just helped me get a really good feel for these. Anyway! I just thought it was important to help you understand why I wanted another day in with these before coming back with feedback.

The feedback from mishits is still very clear but it feels so good to not get stung. I've hit two full buckets in two days plus some and no pain. Usually that will be a big no no with steel shafts (still had to be careful even with sensicore inserts).

The ballflight is really consistent and the dispersion is very tight. I've used all sorts of shafts, (DG S300's, Dynalites, Pro Launch Blues, KBS, Project X, Uniflex, prob a few more) and this is the tightest I've seen my shots on the range. It's very encouraging.

Another aspect to the ballflight is the ball gets up and the ball just cuts through the air. Even when i catch it high and launch it higher than I should, the ball just seems to hold its line better and its almost like the ball is on a string.

I have to remember what swinging a Mashie is like, smooth and controlled without trying to choke the grip. Once you do that, it really seems to activate the shaft. If I swing too hard I can't hit the ball no matter what shaft and this is nothing different. I do like the lighter feel, I don't think its really much lighter than the Blues but it feels that way. Just feels a little more balanced throughout the swing.

I love that you have these installed on those Zstars. Great move. I'm looking forward to hitting them this weekend while at THP. These shafts could easily persuade me to make the switch to graphite

Deano, I think you'd really like these assuming the shaft fits. It's different but if you're good witha lighter shaft, you might REALLY like these.

Great question, I wondered about the swing weight myself and if I would have to go stiffer because my ss picked up so dang much, lol.

Great question guys! I like the lighter weight because over the course of the round or range session I'm not as tired. You wouldn't think a 100 gram iron shaft (nippon) would be any deal but combine that with walking, working etc it makes a difference. On the other side, I just have to remember that staying within my swing, keeping my weight where it should be becomes a little more important. Because its lighter I can get a little more out of control. Its not that the shaft can't handle it but my swing can't handle getting that far out of rhythm.

Edit: Due, my experience with graphite so far, I haven't had to jump a flex haha. its obviously all about the fit but I think you'll be aok!

Where can the iron shafts be found for purchase ?

Right now you can find them on the bay.

Thanks for all the info, Yoccos.

Thanks for all the info, Yoccos.

No problem dude. I love updating my progress and I'm really anxious to get back to my normal practice schedule and start hitting some shots with these shafts on the course. I'm really digging the ballflight and feel of these so far.

Great job Yoccos, I can visualize the swing with these and having to stay in that sync as light as these are. Bet you have plenty of people from the range coming over to look at these beauties.

Great job Yoccos, I can visualize the swing with these and having to stay in that sync as light as these are. Bet you have plenty of people from the range coming over to look at these beauties.

Haha, usually just really good looking women :) I kid but I was hitting next to a guy who was using the Matrix graphite iron shaft. I go late so there aren't many but I had a brief conversation with someone the other night. It's kinda funny sometimes people just don't like to chat!

Haha, usually just really good looking women :) I kid but I was hitting next to a guy who was using the Matrix graphite iron shaft. I go late so there aren't many but I had a brief conversation with someone the other night. It's kinda funny sometimes people just don't like to chat!

Dude, when your showing off your new clubs even ugly women count, haha.

So I was off to the store and saw the range open... Ugh. I have an addiction! I got a small bucket (sorry Concept) and proceeded to try and fix a hybrid issue as well as get some time in with these shafts.

I've gone from an over the top miss to a push so I'm quite happy. I was able to see what an almost full small bucket of good shots looks like! The ball flight is extremely consistent. I would venture again to say, this is the most consistent I've hit any shaft. I was absolutely ripping my 5i and while the ball travels noticeably lower than the shorter irons, man does it get up and go. I'm not sure it lands as soft as the Mashie Hybrid but it has a very similar flight. We had some rain and all around cold weather yesterday yet my distance seemed to be up and the ball flight wasn't really impacted.

Back