The Sandwich Thread

The burrito is a mexican sandwich! Join us!

The burrito is everything that sandwich should be and in no way is in the same category.... It's a vast improvement. Deserving of its own topic.

This! Also just two fried eggs and mayo. My gut is talking now.

Best breakfast sandwich ever!

Country ham and mustard is a close second.

I loves me a good Cuban sandwich.....but hold the pickles please!

This thread has inspired me to make mini ham and cheese sandwiches on King's Hawaiian dinner roles. Scratch that.....the woman is going to make them for me.

They have those here in Colorado too. Haven't tried them yet though. Gonna have to now after hearing about that sammy

You'll thank me later.

I like a mufalleta! Not from Firehouse, b/c they don't make them, but this place in College made them. I would buy a whole one, it would last me four meals. I like the olive spread on that bread with all those Italian deli meats. I use to buy Devon buy the pound in college too. .99 per pound! Some eyeballs, buttholes, and utters! Love it.

One we like to do and just had last night:

Onion Schnecken rolls (the Publix bakery has them around here - a German egg bread with thin onion strips baked into it, good stuff)
Fried Chicken strips
Havarti cheese
A little mustard, BBQ sauce, maybe some mayo

Great tasting, hearty little sandwiches.

You'll thank me later.

I like a mufalleta! Not from Firehouse, b/c they don't make them, but this place in College made them. I would buy a whole one, it would last me four meals. I like the olive spread on that bread with all those Italian deli meats. I use to buy Devon buy the pound in college too. .99 per pound! Some eyeballs, buttholes, and utters! Love it.

That is an excellent sandwich! They make them across the street from here and now I want one.

PICS!!!!

or lets get this thread crackin with some legendary THP video skills.

Dang, maybe after while, looks like I will have to go shopping. Out of eggs!

This thread has inspired me to make mini ham and cheese sandwiches on King's Hawaiian dinner roles. Scratch that.....the woman is going to make them for me.

The just started selling full sized King's Hawaiian sandwich buns here, like the size of a Kaiser roll or big hamburger bun. Had some pulled pork on them for sandwiches a few nights ago. Good, but a little on the sweet side for the bbq sauce we used. Need a stronger, less sweet bbq to go with the sweetness of the Hawaiian buns. Love those things.

One we like to do and just had last night:

Onion Schnecken rolls (the Publix bakery has them around here - a German egg bread with thin onion strips baked into it, good stuff)
Fried Chicken strips
Havarti cheese
A little mustard, BBQ sauce, maybe some mayo

Great tasting, hearty little sandwiches.

Oh man, that sounds good too. I love that bread. We're trying to cut down on bread consumption at home so we eat lots of wraps. Those are good to put your breakfast in.

You can buy that massive Hawaiin dinner round thing. Hollow that sucker out, fill it with ham salad and cheese and bake it. BOOM!

The just started selling full sized King's Hawaiian sandwich buns here, like the size of a Kaiser roll or big hamburger bun. Had some pulled pork on them for sandwiches a few nights ago. Good, but a little on the sweet side for the bbq sauce we used. Need a stronger, less sweet bbq to go with the sweetness of the Hawaiian buns. Love those things.

I like all versions of them. From dinner rolls to the big ones TC mentioned.

You can buy that massive Hawaiin dinner round thing. Hollow that sucker out, fill it with ham salad and cheese and bake it. BOOM!
Absolutely. That sounds delicious.

Store here has small packages of the King's Hawaiian dinner rolls. 4 to a pack. I take all 4 and leave them stuck together I slice them open and stuff them with genoa salami, pepperoni, capicola and mortadella. Cover that with provolone and put it under the broiler to make it all melty and toasty. Then finish it off with tomatoes shredded lettuce banana pepper slices and course ground brown mustard. A few pepperoncini and a good garlic dill on the side and you're set

I'm diggin the food threads in here.

A couple of my favs:

roast beef po'boy. "dressed" of course. the sloppier the better. you can get em at hundreds of places in the greater N' Awlins area. If I still lived down there I'd weigh like 600 lbs now.

Grilled Cheese sandwich and a bowl of Tomato soup at Beecher's on Pike St. in Seattle. they make their own cheese right there. (their mac & cheese is to die for)

Philly Cheese steak cooked in pizza sauce (pizza steak sandwich) A life-long Navy buddy of mine was from Cherry Hill, NJ. Back in the day, we'd run down there on the weekends and do young sailor stuff (bikes, beer, babes...etc) and he intro'd me to some good outta the way places in the Philly area

There was a place near where I used to live that had the best subs around. It was a local 4-5 shop chain and for around $5 you got a sub you could barely finish. My favorite was the salami sub, paper thin sliced to order and stacked high, the secret house dressing was incredible. I don't usually eat onions but they cut them super thin on the slicer and that was the only place I would get onions on a sandwich from, they also cut the lettuce and on the slicer. Toasted just enough to melt the cheese without making the corners of the bread hard as a rock like most sub places tend to do. Just thinking about it makes me hungry and I have yet to find a place that can even come close. And then there was their meatball sub, probably one of the last places in town that actually make their own meatballs and sauce not frozen meatballs and canned sauce.

The burrito is everything that sandwich should be and in no way is in the same category.... It's a vast improvement. Deserving of its own topic.

Burritos are good, but for they don't hold a candle to their deep fried cousins the mighty Chimichanga

Chimichanga2.jpg

For those of you who like PB, my personal favorite is a Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwich.

Just make a normal PB sandwich, then butter the outside and treat it like a Grilled Cheese. Delicious. The peanut butter gets a bit runny and less sticky.

I also like peanut butter toast, which is vastly different depending on if you but the peanut butter on before you broil it (caramelizes the PB) or after (melts it).

I love thousand island. Sorry Hawk. Man up.

Yes sir!!!! Thousand island is great on sammichs or salads.

There's a restaurant here called Firehouse subs (started by firemen) and they have a brisket and cheddar sammich that's to die for.

That sounds like a great sammich!!!

When I lived in Michigan everybody was obsessed with something they called a Wet Burrito. That's just dirty.

Wet burritos are good. Just a burrito and the pour either red or green sauce over it. Yummy!!!

Viva el burrito TMex!!!!

There was a place near where I used to live that had the best subs around. It was a local 4-5 shop chain and for around $5 you got a sub you could barely finish. My favorite was the salami sub, paper thin sliced to order and stacked high, the secret house dressing was incredible. I don't usually eat onions but they cut them super thin on the slicer and that was the only place I would get onions on a sandwich from, they also cut the lettuce and on the slicer. Toasted just enough to melt the cheese without making the corners of the bread hard as a rock like most sub places tend to do. Just thinking about it makes me hungry and I have yet to find a place that can even come close. And then there was their meatball sub, probably one of the last places in town that actually make their own meatballs and sauce not frozen meatballs and canned sauce.

A quality meatball sammich can be very difficult to find but when you find it, you have found a slice of heaven!!!

Peanut butter, Chunky or Creamy?

Just had a Ruben for lunch. It was awesome!

Back