Nice job Vegan, they look really sharp.

You had to know it was coming. New fill on the putter. Christmas colors.

a6937e5b-5df2-2c66.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

What paint are you using to get the translucent look? Looks good also.

Sick Seth! That looks good.

Nice looking putter SethO! I like the fill for the holidays!

Very nice SethO!

Would it be okay to put a blade or a wedge into an acetone bath (either acetone or nail polish remover, etc.) for a few minutes to help remove the paint? Or is it better for the club to just use cotton balls/toothpicks with a little bit of acetone? Also, what effect will the acetone have on a putter finish (Scotty California with the honey dip finish)?

Would it be okay to put a blade or a wedge into an acetone bath (either acetone or nail polish remover, etc.) for a few minutes to help remove the paint? Or is it better for the club to just use cotton balls/toothpicks with a little bit of acetone? Also, what effect will the acetone have on a putter finish (Scotty California with the honey dip finish)?

Answered this in the other thread, but I will answer again here because this one is more popular.

If it were me, I would not give Scotty Cameron putters with weights an acetone bath because of the orings on the weights.

Answered this in the other thread, but I will answer again here because this one is more popular.

If it were me, I would not give Scotty Cameron putters with weights an acetone bath because of the orings on the weights.

Thanks for the advice! I've got 3 wedges drying now, hopefully I'll be ready for the putter in a few more tries!

Thanks for the advice! I've got 3 wedges drying now, hopefully I'll be ready for the putter in a few more tries!

I say just go for it bro. The great thing about painting putters is that you can always wipe the slate clean and try again. I would also recommend acetone rubs and then quickly followed by rubbing the still wet paint with a tooth pick. Sometimes the paint can be stubborn.

Would love to see a pic of the finished products !!

JnBiS.jpg

Not unhappy with it, especially for it being my first try. I really like the red on the Mizuno. I did the letters on my AP2s red as well. Looks better outside of the photo. Might be time to experiment a little more. The 60* was my first one to do since I don't keep it in the bag. I can't wait to try the new 588s!

Turned out nice

I will be trying this myself this weekend!! Can't wait!!

Just started dabbling in paint fill on a wedge and a TM Rossa putter. Planning on blowing through entire set of irons over the winter with some blue/white/gray fill. I really love the Needle-Point Applicator Bottle from Hobymasters.com.

I checked out the site for the bottle: great price. And I laughed when I saw their note on recommended paint for a golf club. Didn't realize golf club customization was big enough to add a little footnote. Good plug for Testors though.

Just started dabbling in paint fill on a wedge and a TM Rossa putter. Planning on blowing through entire set of irons over the winter with some blue/white/gray fill. I really love the Needle-Point Applicator Bottle from Hobymasters.com.

great call! I am going to have to check that out.

I think I'm going to fill my irons, wedges, and putter this winter with blue (my school color) for the upcoming season. I'm going over to the hobby shop tomorrow I think. I can't decide whether or not to use regular paint or paint markers. I'm not artistic so paint markers would be easier, but is the quality any different? Thanks guys.

I haven't used markers, but I have 0 artistic ability and the testors enamel paint was very easy to use. I would think since it goes on thicker it would last longer than the markers also.

I haven't tried paint markers either- was really surprised at how easy the clean up process was after using toothpicks with testors though.

Thanks guys, I think I'll use the paint. Just have to go get some and then some nail polish remover to get the original paint off.

Tried this on two old wedges today, it turned out not that great for the first time. Few bubbles and not full spots on the numbers, but not bad for my first try. I had no acetone so I just went over the old paint. Well aware that that is not a good idea but I don't use the clubs so it's OK.

I tried the sole of an Adams pro black hybrid the other night. It turned out okay IMO for it being the first time for me. Only question I have is what is the easiest way to remove the paint? Should I totally submerge the club in acetone? I tried the remover from the Testors kit and a Qtip, it was a real pain in the a$$!

Back