Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Oregon should have a better chance at the National Championship than Stanford even though Oregon lost twice and Stanford only lost once? Doesn't seem right to me.

Edit: I forgot to say that it's divisions within conferences that mess this up. The SEC Championship game should have been LSU-Bama, but it wasn't allowed to be. Stupid IMO.
No, it shouldnt have been. LSU had already beaten Alabama to show that they were the better team in the SEC West. Georgia and Alabama both lost one conference game, Georgia won the games it needed to in order to go to Atlanta, Bama did not.

If you did not win your conference you should not be in the National Championship game.
'Bama did not therefore OK St. should be the ones in the big dance. They got jobbed....
I have to agree one hundred percent, and this is coming from a Husker fan who says the Huskers had no business being in the 2001 Champ game. If you don't win your conference or at least get to the game, you don't deserve to be in the championship game. And also I don't think there should be two teams from the same conference in the national championship game. I think OK St. Got robbed.

No, it shouldnt have been. LSU had already beaten Alabama to show that they were the better team in the SEC West. Georgia and Alabama both lost one conference game, Georgia won the games it needed to in order to go to Atlanta, Bama did not.

That's why I think divisions are stupid. The best two teams in the SEC are LSU and Bama. It just sucks that the SEC West is so much better than the East. Same goes for the Pac-12. The best two teams were Oregon and Stanford. It sucks that they are in the same division so that a crappy UCLA team got to play for the Pac 12 title.

That's why I think divisions are stupid. The best two teams in the SEC are LSU and Bama. It just sucks that the SEC West is so much better than the East. Same goes for the Pac-12. The best two teams were Oregon and Stanford. It sucks that they are in the same division so that a crappy UCLA team got to play for the Pac 12 title.
Would you rather have it like the Big 10 did for so long and have teams that dont play each other be "Co-Conference Champions."??

Would you rather have it like the Big 10 did for so long and have teams that dont play each other be "Co-Conference Champions."??

No. Have the two best teams in the conference play each other in a championship game at the end of the season regardless of division. Should have been LSU-Bama and Oregon-Stanford.

Once again the BCS is the REAL winner and I still hate it. That is all.

No. Have the two best teams in the conference play each other in a championship game at the end of the season regardless of division. Should have been LSU-Bama and Oregon-Stanford.
Both of those teams had already played each other. Why play again if one team has already won, it has been established who the better team was during the regular season.

Remember ESPN referred to LSU/Alabama as the GAME OF THE CENTURY! When in reality, that game didnt mean jack.

I couldnt think of a more boring Computer championship game then LSU Bama...again. Should have been OSU vs LSU.

Once again the BCS is the REAL winner and I still hate it. That is all.

It's an insult to us as fans. Season is over now the exhibition games begin.

I couldnt think of a more boring Computer championship game then LSU Bama...again. Should have been OSU vs LSU.

What is boring about a defensive ball game? I just don't get it. I know the "Game of the Century" was a heck of a lot more exciting than watching Bama steamroll every other team they played.

What is boring about a defensive ball game? I just don't get it. I know the "Game of the Century" was a heck of a lot more exciting than watching Bama steamroll every other team they played.

First its a game we've already seen and it wasn't that good the first time. Second, we already saw this game and it sucked. Third, did I say we already saw this game once?

What sucked about it? (other than Bama's kicker)
First its a game we've already seen and it wasn't that good the first time. Second, we already saw this game and it sucked. Third, did I say we already saw this game once?

Game of the Centry? Not even close. USC/Texas has that vote in my book.

We did see this game. If I remember right, there was some bad QB play and the kickers sucked.

Game of the Centry? Not even close. USC/Texas has that vote in my book.

Thus the quotes. It wasn't the game of the century, but it was very good if you like defensive football. And I do. Very much.

Thus the quotes. It wasn't the game of the century, but it was very good if you like defensive football. And I do. Very much.

Yeah I missed that. Sometimes I forget how to read.

Let's just start a playoff and get rid of the bowls already.

nah. More money for schools with the bowl system. I say just go back to the regional bowl system.

It's funny how every year people complain about the BCS. Get over it. I can see Ok St fans being pissy, but otherwise I don't think it's a big deal. It was a fine game the first time and it probably will be again.

Nah. More money for schools with the bowl system. I say just go back to the regional bowl system.

Have you seen the dollar amounts discussed with a playoff...makes the bowl payouts look like peanuts.

If this sequence of events doesn't get at least a Plus 1 system in place, nothing ever will. Even though my team got in, what a stupid way to pick a champion!!

Have you seen the dollar amounts discussed with a playoff...makes the bowl payouts look like peanuts.

If this sequence of events doesn't get at least a Plus 1 system in place, nothing ever will. Even though my team got in, what a stupid way to pick a champion!!
I do not want a playoff, but would love a Plus 1. Think about these games;
LSU vs Stanford
Alabama vs Oklahoma State

Winners square off in the BCS Title Game.

LSU vs Stanford

Both. +1. This needs to happen.

LSU vs Stanford

A Plus 1 is just a four team playoff (if done right like above). Obviously, every year does not lend itself to such top 4 clarity, but man can you imagine the ratings for those two games then an eventual championship game.

I do find it deliciously ironic that the SEC has been the driver for the Plus 1 (later joined by the ACC). Already seen Chuck Neinas quoted as wanting to explore it this morning.

A Plus 1 is just a four team playoff (if done right like above). Obviously, every year does not lend itself to such top 4 clarity, but man can you imagine the ratings for those two games then an eventual championship game.

I do find it deliciously ironic that the SEC has been the driver for the Plus 1 (later joined by the ACC). Already seen Chuck Neinas quoted as wanting to explore it this morning.

The SEC just wants a +1 with Alabama/ Georgia vs. LSU. :p

The SEC just wants a +1 with Alabama/ Georgia vs. LSU. :p

Nah, Georgia is an imposter...scheduling allowed them to avoid LSU, Alabama, and Arkansas. Personally, I think it's telling that the LSU fans all wanted to play Oklahoma State...viewed it as a way easier path to the title.

+1 could easily be built with the stipulation that no conference has more than two teams...just like the BCS could have specified that a team must win their conference to get to title game. I mean the BCS had a stipulation specified that a conference could have three teams if neither #1 or #2 was the conf champion, so it is no accident that they left out the part about being the conf champion.

Again, not necessarily agreeing with the structure, but it is what it is (at least for this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back