The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They always seem to play well at Qwest.

Very true. Such a cool looking stadium and they get loud.

Steel Tappin'

Ary, I think I remember you talking about this before (correct me if I am wrong) and didn't you say you think the GM goes too? If so, do you think this opens the door to bring in someone that wants to make personnel decisions (Cowher, Gruden, etc)?

Doug, I just saw this. I wish that the GM was going....except that Ross (the owner) said multiple times at the presser earlier today that Ireland (the GM) is staying with the team. A team with a losing record for 3 straight years that is on a downward track isn't just the coaches' fault, it's also the fault of the guy that put the team together.

Doug, I just saw this. I wish that the GM was going....except that Ross (the owner) said multiple times at the presser earlier today that Ireland (the GM) is staying with the team. A team with a losing record for 3 straight years that is on a downward track isn't just the coaches' fault, it's also the fault of the guy that put the team together.

I agree that cleaning house may be the best bet. Are the rumors true that Carl Peterson is joining your organization? Being a Chiefs fan, I'm not sure if that is much of an upgrade....

I'd love Gruden in KC. He'd do wonders with that talented young defense.

Steel Tappin'

I'd love Gruden in KC. He'd do wonders with that talented young defense.

Steel Tappin'

I wouldn't. As a Chiefs fan, he can stay at ESPN...or at the Bengals. Not sure which one you are referring to, but I hope they both stay out of KC.

Last year teams were firing coaches after they played the Packers.

Kevin

Could the Seahawks sneak into the playoffs again?

Steel Tappin'

Could the Seahawks sneak into the playoffs again?

Steel Tappin'

I dont see how. They are still under .500 and in a division with the 49ers that have already clinched. I suppose if every other team in front of them (Falcons, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Lions) all lose the rest of their games and they win out it could happen, but its a very slim chance.

Very true. Such a cool looking stadium and they get loud.

Steel Tappin'

I have been to 18 NFL stadiums and the Seahawks crowd is leaps and bounds ahead of every stadium as far as loudness except for Arrowhead. The noise those two stadiums bring being outside is amazing.

I have been to 18 NFL stadiums and the Seahawks crowd is leaps and bounds ahead of every stadium as far as loudness except for Arrowhead. The noise those two stadiums bring being outside is amazing.

Im guessing you have not been to any Saints games at home?

I think he meant the noise that the fans bring in an outdoor stadium. The Saints, being in a dome, have the acoustics to help...but they sure are some of the loudest fans.

I think he meant the noise that the fans bring in an outdoor stadium. The Saints, being in a dome, have the acoustics to help...but they sure are some of the loudest fans.

That would have been my guess, but when it said every stadium, I was a little confused.

I actually have been to a Saints game... it was in 1996... and there were more bags on their heads than screaming fans.

Greg Jennings out 2-3 weeks with mild knee sprain.

His regular season is done.

Tavarius Jackson is not an NFL QB. Watching him play is painful. Seattle seems to have some good pieces in place but without a better QB they wont get far. Hopefully they look at their options this off season.

James Harrison suspended a game. Completely ridiculous.

Goodell and I are both W&J alumnus but he's an idiot. Hopefully James appeals and it at least doesn't happen until the St. Louis game.

Steel Tappin'

The free flowing booze definitely helps boost the volume....dome foam anyone?? (Nickname for the cheap beer they sell in the giant plastic cups)

Why is it the more ridiculous rules they put in place to try and "protect" defenseless players the more people get hurt? Is it just because 10-15 years ago you never heard anything about concussions?

Seeing that roughing penalty against fletcher on Brady was just ridiculous. It's ruining football.

James Harrison suspended a game. Completely ridiculous.

Goodell and I are both W&J alumnus but he's an idiot. Hopefully James appeals and it at least doesn't happen until the St. Louis game.

Harrison earned that suspension fair and square. Can't hit players with your helmet.

Harrison earned that suspension fair and square. Can't hit players with your helmet.

Well, I'm obviously biased but I completely disagree. McCoy had essentially turned himself into a runner and dumped the ball off at the last second. QB's lose their protections when they scramble from the pocket.

Steel Tappin'

Well, I'm obviously biased but I completely disagree. McCoy had essentially turned himself into a runner and dumped the ball off at the last second. QB's lose their protections when they scramble from the pocket.

Well, no player can tackle another plyer with their helmet. James Harrison made no attempt to get his head out of the way while making the tackle. I beat this horse to death last week with OEM. So, I won't belabor the point again. I thought it was a hit that deserved punishment, by a player obviously hasn't learned that he has to get his head to the side while making a play on a runner.

Well, no player can tackle another plyer with their helmet. James Harrison made no attempt to get his head out of the way while making the tackle. I beat this horse to death last week with OEM. So, I won't belabor the point again. I thought it was a hit that deserved punishment, by a player obviously hasn't learned that he has to get his head to the side while making a play on a runner.

Yeah I think I was wrong on this one. He went face mask to face mask on McCoy, which is illegal in todays NFL. And being a repeat offender means he deserved what he got. Harrison just needs to lower the target a bit and this play was perfectly legal, broken ribs and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back