Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, Arkie. That rack certainly has some character...I like it a lot.

You can't see it in the pic, but his right main beam also has a hole in it near the G3. I'll try to get a picture of that posted later on.

Good luck Arkie. Haven't made it out during Deer season work as been very demanding of my time lately. Hope to see you post the one your after, mean while don't let too many Does slip by and not get meat in the Freezer.

Picture from a hunting trip this morning. Birds weren't flying too well, mostly mallards and wood ducks that were sky high, but ended up shooting quite a few coots (you can shoot 15 each here in NC). Started raining early so it was a short day.

Spoiler
2011-12-27_10-19-43_867.jpg

Also, cool picture from one of my trail cams. Shot at this deer from a good 250 yards and missed her right below. Pretty cool to see her in mid-air jump.

Spoiler
PRMS2485.jpg

Also, cool picture from one of my trail cams. Shot at this deer from a good 250 yards and missed her right below. Pretty cool to see her in mid-air jump.

Spoiler
PRMS2485.jpg

Now that is a cool pic! Hope you ended up getting some meat for the freezer!

Deer/Turkey/Duck Hunters??

Deer/Turkey/Duck Hunters??

Any hunters here at THP??

Oh yes. Big deer/duck hunter.

Great....deer, turkey and duck for me. Just strated duck hunting last year and got hooked!

Great....deer, turkey and duck for me. Just strated duck hunting last year and got hooked!

Public land in NC or private? For duck hunting I mean

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I hunt my sister's farm and a good friend from high school has a farm thet we hunt on. You?

Turkey is my favorite then bow Deer.

Duck, goose, pheasant, and dove. September 1 st opens dove season.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I ain't been on a good coon hunt in about two years. My brother-in-law sold his coon hound (Jake) and it's got me in a major depression :angry:

Dove season is labor day but ill be putting all my efforts this year into the deer on the farm until december when its cold enought o drop some quackers!

Any hunters here at THP??

Since I started this thread, I suppose I'd better chime in and own up to being a hunter! Ha!

Has anyone got their trail cams out in the woods yet? I've already got pics of a couple of nice bucks to chase and still haven't put a camera in my best area yet. This is looking like a promising year so far.

Since I started this thread, I suppose I'd better chime in and own up to being a hunter! Ha!

Has anyone got their trail cams out in the woods yet? I've already got pics of a couple of nice bucks to chase and still haven't put a camera in my best area yet. This is looking like a promising year so far.

Not yet. Will be getting mine out by end of August

Oh yeah.. We pack in with horses and set up elk camp every year. Usually stay a week. Or at least until we all get our elk. So yeah I like to hunt elk.

No trail cams out yet for me-will likely set them out at the end of this month. I have only been back to the farm 2 times during this heat wave/drought and I have noticed when the wind gets up, it brings the deer out during the day. Guess they are getting tired of sitting in the hot woods and looking to catch some of that breeze. Last fall it was "hot" for deer season (in the 70's for a couple days). I never really cheer for snow, but some cooler temps would be nice....

In the minority here but am a diehard upland bird hunter. Pup (sleeping at my feet as I type) is headed to the trainers for a two-week brush up next Saturday.

After a couple of early preseve hunts I will head to Northern MN on the weekeds to chase Ruffed Grouse in late September and early October. Last two weeks of October will be day trips for public land roosters in Western MN. November will be my annual week long South Dakota trip for more roosters. Depending on the weather and bird counts December could be a late season run for pheasants and sharptail grouse along the Missouri River in SD or a trip to North Central Kansas for Pheasants & Bobwhite Quail.

Well, I finally got around to putting out cameras in two other spots that I hunt. I've still got one spot left to check and hope to get a camera out there by next week.

It is unfortunate having such expensive hobbies. I got the bow out yesterday and shot some different distances from the deck (trying to re-adjust myself to shooting from an elevated position). Between shells for the shotgun for the Labor day hunt and all the little gizmos that I tend to get for the bow and trying to get some new clubs in the bag, whew, anybody got a part time job?? haha

It is unfortunate having such expensive hobbies. I got the bow out yesterday and shot some different distances from the deck (trying to re-adjust myself to shooting from an elevated position). Between shells for the shotgun for the Labor day hunt and all the little gizmos that I tend to get for the bow and trying to get some new clubs in the bag, whew, anybody got a part time job?? haha

A part time job? Heck, I need at least 2 more full time jobs... or some lucky powerball winner willing to donate a significant portion of their winnings to me.

Bow is ready! This will be year #19 with a bow only.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Have to go to check out a new property on the shore for Deer Bow. Stands are set just need to do some scouting.

Man, I wish I could contribute to this thread. Not much hunting in HI though. I don't hunt boar.

I'm gonna completely miss deer season again this year in TN. I usually only hunted during black powder and bow portions of the season back when I did hunt.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Bow is ready! This will be year #19 with a bow only.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nice, I am bow only as well. We have a few counties that have a very late season which extends into March. If I haven't dropped anything by then I will pull the smoke pole out for a plump doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back