What's a good lower priced golf ball

My go to balls in that range are the Bridgestone E6 and Srixon AD333.

Go used. Half the price and you cant tell the difference. However ... after shipping and other nonsense youre better off getting them locally in most cases.

Bridgestone E series has a nice price point for a great ball.
Not sure I agree with that. Ive bought refurbished balls in the past and the performance is definetly not the same.

Not sure I agree with that. Ive bought refurbished balls in the past and the performance is definetly not the same.

I have used Refinished balls and have not been happy, but when using recycled balls I haven't been able to tell any difference.

There is a performance loss with refurbished, but straight up used balls are generally ok to play with. Stripping and repainting a ball is never a good idea to me. But a brand new ball that was sitting at the bottom of Lake Thanksfortheballnowtakeadrop for a few weeks should be just fine.

I'll toss another good word out for the Top Flight Gamer's! I thought they performed beautifully around the greens. I regularly played Penta's last year but enjoyed that golf ball.

Steel Tappin'

When ever I can't spend that much on golf balls I always turn to the Srixon AD333, I play a lot of premium balls and can say these balls still perform very well IMO.

Bridgestone xFixx is a MUST try. This coming from someone that has played the e6, AD333, etc. current gamer is the Penta TP but I am really impressed with the xFixx.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm still stuck on the Bridgestone e6 but the V2 Gamer is a good ball and certainly in your range.

TM Burner Tour
Srixon Q-Star, Soft Feel, AD333
Bridgestone xFixx or E series
Wilson Staff 50

Top Flite Gamer V2
Srixon Q-Star
Nike PD Soft
lostgolfballs.com - used balls

Nike PD Softs. $17/dozen - totally worth it.

Lots of great ideas and balls listed so far, I'll throw in the LaddieX. It's inexpensive, but also performs surprisingly well. I've found that I can get a bucket of 50 used prov1x for $50 locally at a store called 'Dunhams'.

If you have a Play it Again store near you they usually have used balls and you can sort thru the bin and pick what you want for .50 or .75 each. You'll be able to try a variety. I used them when I first started because I was spraying shots everywhere.

I have always like the nxt tour. At Walmart in my area they are only $25 a dozen. I can justify that expense.

Has anybody tried the Nike Vapor? I saw a good deal on them yesterday. I like the Nike Tour, but have never tried the Vapor.

I like the Wilson Staff Zip, you can find the 24pk online for around $22

MacGregor VIP is a very inexpensive urethane cover ball, less than $25. I have hit them side by side with both a Penta and a ProV1 and the distance is the same with enough spin to keep a ball on the green with a long approach or to play a hop and stop at the pin.

I'll second the Nike PD Soft - good ball for that price point.
Also like the Titleist DT Solo

I would recommend the Noodle+ (I have had good results with the softest model in the blue/green packaging). Usually around $15/doz.

Take a look at the Srixon AD333, too. Dick's Sporting Goods is having a 2 doz. for $25 sale right now.

Older Bridgestone E-series (from 2010) can also be found new at good prices.

I have used Refinished balls and have not been happy, but when using recycled balls I haven't been able to tell any difference.

Agreed with these guys. Recycled is all good, refurbished is not. The coating and repainting they do does wonky things to the ball weight and ther dimples and they don't preform as expected. As many people mentioned lostgolfballs.com is a great place to pick them up. All the ProV's, Nike Tour's and Penta's I get now come from them.

I'm still stuck on the Bridgestone e6 but the V2 Gamer is a good ball and certainly in your range.

Both of these are great suggestions. I favor the V2 for performance of the pair but the E6 is about the best winter ball going IMO.

Has anybody tried the Nike Vapor? I saw a good deal on them yesterday. I like the Nike Tour, but have never tried the Vapor.

Good ball. Kinda hard, super distance, decent spin but not great. Kinda like the NXT

I think what I'm looking for the most is a ball that feels a lot like the pro v1's/pentas off the putter more than anything else. I've been able to get some really cheap balls to stick on the green with approach shots so extra spin isn't a huge deal for me

Srixon Qstar is a good one for the money. Im sure its been mentioned.

My coach found them this past season...how about the early generation Pro V1... Pinnacle Exception. He found them at WalMart or Target.

Alex

Back