Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norris Cole. Wow! What a 4th quarter.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

I could see the Heat winning 60 games this year. They are absolutely incredible. The thing that impresses me most about Norris Cole is his ability to play a bunch of minutes and not hurt the team. I think their guard rotation is very solid now with Chalmers, Wade, and Cole. Spolestra just needs to be a better coach and they'd be unstoppable. Plus Haslem is a very solid post player.

I could see the Heat winning 60 games this year. They are absolutely incredible. The thing that impresses me most about Norris Cole is his ability to play a bunch of minutes and not hurt the team. I think their guard rotation is very solid now with Chalmers, Wade, and Cole. Spolestra just needs to be a better coach and they'd be unstoppable. Plus Haslem is a very solid post player.

I actually think Spoelstra is a very solid X's and O's coach but isn't always the best game and personality manager.

I actually think Spoelstra is a very solid X's and O's coach but isn't always the best game and personality manager.

Agreed. In-game I think they could find a much better coach, and I think that's where it matters. They don't need a ton of X and O with three stars like they have, so they need good in-game management. The guy just seems like he makes a ton of bad decisions to me.

I don't think he's a terrible in game coach, he just doesn't have the balls to stand up to LeBron and Wade when he needs to. When LeBron goes in to his little perimeter mode he seems to do every now and then (at 2 minutes left in 4th quarter this game), coach Spo needs to hop on him and tell him and Wade to swing the ball around and cut to the rim, but he doesn't. He just lets them do whatever, which works fine in man defense, not so much in zone. He's a smart coach, and admitted after the game he wasn't fully prepared for the zone. I think you'll see them more prepared next time, people all around the league rave about him.

Kobe can still ball. Nasty crossover and fierce finish.

That was a nice play by Kobe. As for Spolestra, I think that last year he commonly made terrible decisions regarding his bigs. I don't think Joel Anthony is any good, and the Heat always seemed to play better when he wasn't in the game, but Spolestra continued to play him a bunch regardless.

That was a nice play by Kobe. As for Spolestra, I think that last year he commonly made terrible decisions regarding his bigs. I don't think Joel Anthony is any good, and the Heat always seemed to play better when he wasn't in the game, but Spolestra continued to play him a bunch regardless.

I'm not sure if you have ESPN Insider, considering many people don't like ESPN but John Hollinger there does excellent analysis, and did some good stuff on Joel Anthony last year. He's undersized, and has terrible hands, but is an exceptional defender to only be a 6'9" center. Obviously he isn't ideal there, but their other options weren't much better at all. The options this year to play Bosh at the 5 in a small ball lineup mean they can get away with playing a "spread" offense more, without a true center, and still be athletic, a-la Chris Bosh.

I'm not sure if you have ESPN Insider, considering many people don't like ESPN but John Hollinger there does excellent analysis, and did some good stuff on Joel Anthony last year. He's undersized, and has terrible hands, but is an exceptional defender to only be a 6'9" center. Obviously he isn't ideal there, but their other options weren't much better at all. The options this year to play Bosh at the 5 in a small ball lineup mean they can get away with playing a "spread" offense more, without a true center, and still be athletic, a-la Chris Bosh.

I do have insider and love Hollinger for the most part. What I don't like about Anthony is his smarts. Dampier and Z were feasable defenders because they were big bodies to clog the paint. Where Anthony's weakness stands out is on the offensive end. Obviously he can't score, but neither can Dampier or Z (for the most part). Where Anthony really hurts them is his inability to get out of the way. He clogs the paint and makes it harder in general for LeBron and Wade to work. Dampier and Z are very smart players, so they stay out of the way on offense in general and contribute in small doses where they can. I think (just my opinion) that Anthony hurts them more than he helps them and that another, smarter big body can help them more.

Hawks looking good early. Destroyed NJ last night and dominating Washington right now. Should be a solid playoff team.

Hawks looking good early. Destroyed NJ last night and dominating Washington right now. Should be a solid playoff team.

Definately. They always seem to be up there, but I'm not convinced that they can compete with the class of the East unfortunately. A very solid, all-around team though.

Tough to be a Wizards fan.

Definately. They always seem to be up there, but I'm not convinced that they can compete with the class of the East unfortunately. A very solid, all-around team though.

If only we could somehow get Dwight Howard to return home to ATL....

I think Cuban made big mistakes not bringing back Barrea and Chandler. Maybe this team gels as the season goes on but it sure doesnt look good so far.

I think Cuban made big mistakes not bringing back Barrea and Chandler. Maybe this team gels as the season goes on but it sure doesnt look good so far.

Agreed. They're setting up for next season.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Someone explain to me how the Bobcats are beating the Heat tonight, after the Heat beat the Mavs and the Celtics in their first 2 games.

Someone explain to me how the Bobcats are beating the Heat tonight, after the Heat beat the Mavs and the Celtics in their first 2 games.

B/c it's a franchise operated by a UNC alumn dude. The Bobcats are decent this year.

Agreed. They're setting up for next season.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I think youre right. Keep cap space for next season at the expense of this season. Sounds about like Cuban. No wonder he owns the team and not me.

Of course, it's the DUKE ALUM Gerald Henderson that hits a 3 to put the Bobcats up 1 with 12 seconds to go!

D-Wade answers for Miami, hits a bank shot with under 3 seconds to go to give Miami the win. Then he goes and does the Cam Newton TD celebration, because Cam Newton was sitting courtside for the game.

the second game of a back-to-back is always tough, but when you have 3 studs to lean it certainly makes things easier.

Back to back. Didn't leave Miami until 1 am, probably got settled in their hotels by 4. Nonetheless, the Bobcats look much improved this year, credit to them.

I think youre right. Keep cap space for next season at the expense of this season. Sounds about like Cuban. No wonder he owns the team and not me.

I hate seeing championship teams get broken up. Unless someone retires i think you should always try and make another run at it with the same squad. Chandler was seeking a long term deal and his market value was a over-inflated...but barea was still affordable and probably should have been resigned.

and i dont think cuban was thinking about throwing this season away to help the future...when you have kidd, dirk, terry, marion you have to try and win while the window is still open.

Spurs are looking great again. I hope people keep underestimating them.

Holy Crap the Suns are terrible. 34 points through 2 and a half quarters. Please trade Steve Nash to a respectable team, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back