Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was simply asking pressure in basketball not in sports haha
If we're talking about sports in general why not Tiger Woods winning a major? He hasn't won one in 4 years.

I was simply asking pressure in basketball not in sports haha
If we're talking about sports in general why not Tiger Woods winning a major? He hasn't won one in 4 years.
Don't be silly.....it's because he's been working on other things. He'll win again when he's ready.

The Yankees.
I dont think we can say Romo yet, only because he has not been "close" recently.

you are right. The Yankees are always expected. Not counting teams it was probably AROD.

Dude Ary thanks for that post. Nothing better than seeing skip get takin down. I would be intimidated to have a convo with Cuban, that guy seems way too smart.. Some would even say that dude has some serious gravitas.

Warning...epic multi quote inc. Apparently this is all it would let me quote, I wasn't done yet but whatever. Let me just preface it by saying I hate what this thread came to. I honestly do. A bunch of it is probably my doing, but that's okay, sports brings out emotion in people and I'm ok with that. I respect all you guys and your opinions, I just honestly enjoyed the convo in here and it sucks it got out of hand a little bit. Especially earlier today it seems.

Yeah, it was tough. I tried to adjust the volume and I'd get called for it. Eventually a man just gives up.

I'm sorry but I feel like this entire post season for the Heat is a bit tarnished. Every game, every series I watched, they had the advantage due to ridiculous officiating. Stupid Heat fans in here keep going on and on about how officiating is what it is, but I completely disagree. The vast majority of Merica who tuned in to this series agrees that the officiating was pretty much one sided and in the Heat's favor.

I can't stand LeBron James. I think he's a good dude, but I can't stand that he left Cleveland. All these tweenies on our forum want to compare him to MJ. News flash: MJ brought a championship to the city that drafted him. Enough with the crap about him not winning until Chicago put player's around him. Are you effing kidding me? Clearly you clowns didn't watch Bulls basketball back then. MJ made those player's relevant. No one wanted John Paxson, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, and Scottie Pippen will straight up tell you that he wouldn't have been close to the player he was had MJ not pushed him so much competitively.

This thread just proves to me that the next generation of America is in bad shape.

Don't group us all together man. MJ always has been my favorite player, and always will be. I've never once said LeBron was/is anywhere near MJ's legacy yet. Even with all the people saying with him only winning 1 ring he'll go down as one of the GOAT. Not for me. He needs at least 2-3 more rings, then I'll sit down one day and think about it. He got the first monkey off his back, good for him. Let's see if he can repeat. Also, fwiw I didn't watch a ton of early Bulls basketball but I do remember a lot of the Bulls/Jazz matchups. I've also happened to watch probably close to 100+ bulls games on NBA TV. I can't even begin to imagine how many hours of old tape I've watched growing up being in awe of Jordan. Just don't group us all together man, that's all I'm asking.

This is where I just dont get it. Why in the world are fans still trying to say that LBJ is Michael Jordan. The guy won 6 rings. He was the best in the league for a long period of time. He revolutionized the game in a number of ways.

His fans should enjoy the title. Enjoy his game...But stop with the comparisons. They dont add up in any way whatsoever at this point in his career.

Jordan took basketball to a new level. LeBron may be able to take it to even another level, but he's not there yet. Jordan wanted to murder people on the court. LeBron wants everyone to like him. They are both passionate in their own way. I like them both.

They asked a very good question on Mike and Mike this AM:
If you don't like him: What would you tell your kids... " I don't want you to be like LBJ because..."

There really aren't a lot of answers. He isn't Kobe or Tiger who have huge morality issues. He isn't like Clemens or Bonds because he hasn't used PEDs. He is a bit of a jerk, but MJ was too. He whimps out when it counts but he beat that rap this year.

There really isn't a lot of tangible, concrete reasons to dislike Lebron. The one that resonates with me is loyalty (see above)- but that is a pretty weak argument for why a kid shouldn't look up to LBJ.

Let me just say I agree and disagree with this. From a person/human being point of view, I'm sorry but the guy is a pretty damn good role model for kids. I don't agree AT ALL with how he left Cleveland or his parade before Miami. Sure, he made big, public mistakes and he paid dearly for it. But he's not on steroids. He's not molesting children. He's not a womanizer. He does all kinds of charity events. He enjoys his fans and crowds and makes time for them. He's been with the same woman for years and hasn't done much wrong doing. The guy made publicity errors. He's been under the damn national spotlight since he could even drive a car. I'm not saying he's perfect, he's human. All I'm saying is I can't even begin to imagine what it's like living the last 10-12 years of your life with people watching you every move. I won't ever forget the way he left Cleveland, but I can forgive.
Wow I actually don't consider myself a LeBron homer but you clearly can't win in this thread.

LeBron is clearly a terrible basketball player who can't win in clutch, a terrible person for leaving a city that drafted him and he tried to win in and unlike all other great basketball players he can only win with other good players.

This tread is just awful I'm out.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't leave man, hope this turns back civilized. Because I really do like talking NBA with you guys.

Seriously? You shouldnt be allowed to criticize an athlete for making a move you disagree with? Really? I believe that is easier for the younger fans that did not see the game a different way.

I absolutely think you should be able to criticize a move you disagree with. But I also think at some point you have to get over it. Believe me, as a LeBron fan, no one, NO ONE, felt stupider about The Decision than I did. It was to the point I didn't know if I'd ever even watch NBA again, that's how pissed I was. But slowly but surely I've gotten over it. People make choices, life goes on.

FWIW - I don't even care about the NBA at all, but OKC's Durant, Westbrook, and Hardin outscored MIA's James, Wade, and Bosh during this regular season, both in total points and points per game.

Good point.

I just wanted to once again quote this and say I am very sorry to some of the Heat fans on this forum. That is all.

It really sucks. I know I've said my fair share of dumb things in this thread. I'm not perfect, not claiming to be the perfect fan or an NBA know it all. But I like to think I can have an intelligent conversation about basketball and be able to see and respect both sides. Yes, I was pulling for the Heat this season, because I wanted to see LeBron get a ring. But man, there are some people in here that made people pulling for the HEat just look stupid in general. And that sucks, because now a few of us are getting grouped into a bunch of morons.

Anyways, ill still be in this thread if anyone wants to chat. It was a fun season, and I personally can't wait for next year. Anthony Davis, Drose coming back, what will the Lakers do, is Dwight gonna stop being an idiot, where's Steve Nash going?, can the HEat repeat?, will the Thunder come out hungry and dominate everyone, what happens to the Celtics, there are so many storylines. I know it's not the NBA of the old days but things evolve. The game is full of tremendous athletes and imo, it's fun to watch and enjoy. After all, it's just a game.

I'm excited for next season too bahester. I'm really excited to see what the Nets do regarding Dwill, Wallace, and Humphries. I think they could have a good season next year if they play their cards right.

I just got caught up on this thread. Holy! Cow! I mention Toni Kukoc and all hell breaks loose. LOL.

DISCLAIMER - I am a Milwaukee Bucks fan, so I don't talk basketball very often, if at all.

I've been busy with a wedding since Friday morning so this is my first time logging in and I just wanted to add a big :banana: at the Heat winning it all

You are dead on in this one. The pressure goes no where.

Agreed, until he meets his outlandish speech declaring multiple titles I'd say he keeps it!!!

:shocks thread back to life:

It probably doesn't belong in here but I am so happy the mavericks are finally playing a pre-season game in Germany. I hope I'll be able to get courtside seats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back