The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure seems pretty easy to convince ourselves Peyton isnt coming back lol

Hanks, would you welcome a damaged product like Manning to your Jets with open arms?

I could be wrong and often I am wrong but it seems to me that the firing of the Polians probably had a lot to do with discussions/arguments over what to do with PM and the draft. I can see a smart football guy saying PM is possibly done and we need to move on and the owner saying that he isn't going to allow that to happen no matter what.

If that's the case thenn I can see the Jets grabbing him and trading Cantchize to a team who needs a QB, thinks they can turn him around, and who can't draft one of the bigger names.

Sounds like the Raiders would be a good fit. They are collecting QBs lately. Just giving away draft picks for them like candy.

If Manning does go to the Jets will he bring the Colts system with him? You have to have the right system.

Kevin

I hope we get to see Manning on the field again. I'm most concerned that he's done.

Interesting stuff on Mike and Mike this morning with Jaworski coming on. He said that with the injuries to Pitt, and if Denver has a shot, he thinks they may put Brady Quinn in to win it in the second half? I have no clue what to think about this, except sports media trying to create their own headlines.

Interesting stuff on Mike and Mike this morning with Jaworski coming on. He said that with the injuries to Pitt, and if Denver has a shot, he thinks they may put Brady Quinn in to win it in the second half? I have no clue what to think about this, except sports media trying to create their own headlines.

The offense might be banged up but the defense is healthy (sans Ryan Clark). It'll take more than Brady Quinn to move the ball!!

Is it Sunday yet??

Steel Tappin'

The Steelers RB coach Kirby Wilson was burned badly in a fire this morning. His condition is unknown at the moment.

Very sad. I've met him a few times and he seems like a great guy. More importantly, I know he has five children. I can only hope that he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

Steel Tappin'

The Steelers RB coach Kirby Wilson was burned badly in a fire this morning. His condition is unknown at the moment.

Very sad. I've met him a few times and he seems like a great guy. More importantly, I know he has five children. I can only hope that he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

Steel Tappin'

oh wow, i hope he is ok.

Steel Tappin'

That's terrible. House fire? Everyone else ok but him?

Steel Tappin'

Hate to hear that, hopefully he recovers and his family is ok.

That's terrible. House fire? Everyone else ok but him?

Yes, they're reporting that it was a house fire. They haven't really reported the condition of anyone else so hopefully no other injuries occurred. It was just a breaking news report that said he was burned severely and life flighted early this morning.

Steel Tappin'

Wow, awful. Let's hope it's not too serious. Being burned seems so horrible.

Kevin

Steel Tappin'

Wow how does that happen jeez that's a huge surprise sad to hear

I'm looking forward to some playoff football. Hey, Steel President. Is Big John Clay going to get some carries now that the 9/11 Truther is injured? I'd like to see Big John get a chance. He could be the new Bus. If he stays in shape. He likes to eat.

Kevin

I'm looking forward to some playoff football. Hey, Steel President. Is Big John Clay going to get some carries now that the 9/11 Truther is injured? I'd like to see Big John get a chance. He could be the new Bus. If he stays in shape. He likes to eat.

Kevin

He received a decent amount of carries last week. Looks like Mewelde Moore is unlikely to play so that means Clay will be the #2 back this weekend. I'm excited to see him play - big, powerful runner and he's a solid athlete. Scored a TD on the first carry of his career..always a good sign! Isaac Redman & Clay - time to step it up.

What an intriguing match up this Steelers Broncos game looks to be. I bet both defenses are just salivating. You got Tebow who has been a turnover machine for something like 3 games now with a fumble in something like 6 straight and just looks scared to throw down field. Then on the Steelers you have an injured Ben, Mendenhall out for the playoffs, Redman puts the ball on the ground a lot and then the next back is a rookie. I can see the Broncos defense having a good day too.

What an intriguing match up this Steelers Broncos game looks to be. I bet both defenses are just salivating. You got Tebow who has been a turnover machine for something like 3 games now with a fumble in something like 6 straight and just looks scared to throw down field. Then on the Steelers you have an injured Ben, Mendenhall out for the playoffs, Redman puts the ball on the ground a lot and then the next back is a rookie. I can see the Broncos defense having a good day too.

All depends on Ben. The Steelers offense goes as far as Roethlisberger can take them. The Broncos have very aggressive corners but they can be had on the deep ball - Ben needs to be able to get it there. Brown and Wallace both can blow the top off of a defense. I agree though, it'll be a defensive battle. I'm not particularly worried about Redman though. I think people will see on Sunday that he's a very capable RB. He's incredibly difficult to bring down and doesn't really have much of a fumbling problem - he only had one last season and those two last week were his first and second of the season. He lacks the explosive ability of a Mendenhall but he's a very hard runner.

If Ben can put together a solid performance then I think the Steelers will win comfortably. If his injury aggravates him to the point of limiting the offense then, obviously, anything can happen.

I think I won't be watching this game. Sounds like a snoozer.

I don't think any of the games this weekend are very good. Kind of sucks.

Lions/Saints? Giants/Falcons? I think those are both pretty awesome match-ups.

People sleep on Detroit but I think they'll give the Saints a game.

Pouncey is out on Sunday also. This team is torn apart!

Very well could be one of those 13-6 games.... zzzzz and could be Tebow's last game too. I'll take the Saints Lions game though. Track meet!

Now you're talking .....with all the injuries in the Denver/Pitt game that's going to be like Pre Season game #4

Very well could be one of those 13-6 games.... zzzzz and could be Tebow's last game too. I'll take the Saints Lions game though. Track meet!

Now you're talking .....with all the injuries in the Denver/Pitt game that's going to be like Pre Season game #4

Agreed, plus we have to see more of Tebow struggling with the QB position in general. Id rather watch Breese and Stafford light each others teams up. Dont sleep on the Lions either.

I'm looking forward to the Gmen/Falcons game. I think it'll be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back