2012 NFL Draft Thread

Thompson never really drafts for need. If he did he would take six possible pass rushers. They say they take their highest ranked guy on the board when it's their turn. Is this guy fast and does he catch it out of the backfield?

Kevin

Chris Polk is sneaky fast, but not a blazer. Great pass catcher, he was recruited as a receiver.

John Schneider, and of course Pete Carroll has a ton of say as well. Nobody knows who has the final say up here, so they are essentially co GM'S.

Like an idiot I saw Washington and thought the Redskins, not the Seahawks. Schneider is good. He had a lot of input through the years with the Packers. If he likes Flynn I expect they will make a pitch. He's 15 times better than Jackson, that's for sure. And since Holmgren probably believes he taught Schneider everything he knows, the Browns will probably make a pitch, too.

Flynn is going to be rich. I wish he had a year left so the Packers could get something for him.

Kevin

Like an idiot I saw Washington and thought the Redskins, not the Seahawks. Schneider is good. He had a lot of input through the years with the Packers. If he likes Flynn I expect they will make a pitch. He's 15 times better than Jackson, that's for sure. And since Holmgren probably believes he taught Schneider everything he knows, the Browns will probably make a pitch, too.

Flynn is going to be rich. I wish he had a year left so the Packers could get something for him.

Kevin

I have been impressed with the Hawks drafts under Carrol/Schneider. Seem to have a knack to pick up productive players in the mid rounds.

I have been impressed with the Hawks drafts under Carrol/Schneider. Seem to have a knack to pick up productive players in the mid rounds.

The Packers have been winning doing that since the early '90s and the arrival of Ron Wolf. They live off the middle and late rounds. Even un-drafted free agents. They don't sign many free agents from other teams.

Kevin

Cleveland will draft Trent Richardson. They don't need another QB, they need people for McCoy to give the ball to.

I'd be fine with that pick too. I don't think Cleveland will stay on the Colt train and isn't all his fault. We need a new right side of the line, running game and a #1 receiver so if the pick focuses on they I'll be content.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

The Packers have been winning doing that since the early '90s and the arrival of Ron Wolf. They live off the middle and late rounds. Even un-drafted free agents. They don't sign many free agents from other teams.

Kevin

Yeah, they nabbed Doug Baldwin as an undrafted this year and he led the team in catches. Pretty solid. KJ Wright, Kam Chancellor, and Richard Sherman are mid round defensive studs.

I'd be fine with that pick too. I don't think Cleveland will stay on the Colt train and isn't all his fault. We need a new right side of the line, running game and a #1 receiver so if the pick focuses on they I'll be content.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

McCoy may not be the most talented QB out there, but he has done pretty good with absolutely no supporting cast....you get him a decent running game and a few decent receivers and I think he would do fine.

I suddenly have a strong desire for the Dolphins to make Brandon Weeden their second round pick.

Blackmon is going pro..announced after his win tonight.

McCoy may not be the most talented QB out there, but he has done pretty good with absolutely no supporting cast....you get him a decent running game and a few decent receivers and I think he would do fine.

The only thing is we are living in a franchise quarterback age and Colt McCoy is no franchise player. He's an average starter on a bad team. Luckily our offense is so bad that we can grab any player at #4 and improve.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Guys lets make sure to remember that this is the draft thread. Lets keep it about the draft and if you want to talk free agency, use the regular thread. Thanks.

Kevin

Franchise tag. And with that pick (keeping it draft related), take RB James from Oregon.

Hopefully he's got a better head on his shoulders than Dez Bryant did coming out of OSU.....

Blackmon is going pro..announced after his win tonight.

JB, I keep hearing that RG3 isn't a lock to enter the draft. You heard anything like that? What a wrench if he didn't.

I haven't heard that dude. I've been reading draft sites all day along with golf shafts. productive haha.

JB, I keep hearing that RG3 isn't a lock to enter the draft. You heard anything like that? What a wrench if he didn't.

Think I heard last night that he was still talking to Art Briles about it and had not made up his mind yet. As it relates to draft position, I think it would be crazy for him not to come out now, but obviously that is not the only factor.

I'm really curious over the next 5-6 days to see how many Bama juniors declare for the draft.

What I'd personally like to see from the Steelers:

1. ILB. Farrior has been amazing for us but he's pretty much done. Need another Timmons roaming the middle of the field.

2. DL. Casey Hampton might not make it to next year unless he takes a big pay cut. Aaron Smith is probably done. Sad for me - these have been staples of the Steelers defense since I was about 9 or 10. The boys have some young, talented defensive lineman in Ziggy Hood, Heyward, and Steve McClendon (and I see Keisel being great for a few more years) but having depth here is so important for the Burgh.

3. OL. I think we have two perennial all stars in Pouncey and eventually Marcus Gilbert. Willie Colon is another building block lineman if he can stay healthy. Just can't have Kemoeatu's or Legursky's as full time starters. Give me a bruising guard, please.

Steel Tappin'

Chris Mortensen just posted this on Twitter:
@mortreport No surprise: Baylor QB Robert Griffin III is informing Baylor coach Art Briles today he is turning pro, per family source. #ESPN #NFL32

I'd like to see the Bears try and go after Juron Criner if some of the other top flight WR's are off the board. I'm a UofA homer but I think he has potential to make a big impact. My hopes for the Draft are:

OT
DE
WR
OG
Head Coach...

We're going to have to start calling Ary Dr. Twitter. lol. He brings the twits for our information.

Kevin

Excited to see RGIII in the NFL.

Steel Tappin'

Back