Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn dude you don't really ponder do you? Within 6 minutes you had something coming

I'm the anti-Hawk.

Lol I ordered the shaft last week, just had forgotten completely about my hybrid altogether. It's so bad right now I take it out of the bag when I walk.

I actually pondered the shaft for a month or so before pulling the trigger.

I am officially lesson pondering now. No more equipment till I get this swing figured out. Saw some video of myself today and I have almost no lag at all....How did that happen? (it does explain why my driver distance dropped off so badly starting early December, though).

I am officially lesson pondering now. No more equipment till I get this swing figured out. Saw some video of myself today and I have almost no lag at all....How did that happen? (it does explain why my driver distance dropped off so badly starting early December, though).

Same thing happened to me. Pondered lessons and now I'm about 3 lessons into it. Best you could do is stop pondering and take them.

I'm pondering Tour Edge XCG 5 irons. No chance I find any in lefty to hit so I may just have to email them and see if they will sell a single iron. Anybody ever hit them, or even seen them in person?

J40 driver. Bridgestone cart bag :D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Grab a Bettinardi putter while your at it. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I been looking trust me haha

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me. Pondered lessons and now I'm about 3 lessons into it. Best you could do is stop pondering and take them.

Yeah, but I'm pondering whom to see. The pro who worked miracles on me last Spring is about a 2 hour drive one way. Golf Tec is not really my cup of tea. Need to find someone local who I really trust.

Well I learned the inverse of the rule of pondering is also true. After saying yesterday I was happy with my bag, I went out there today and NOTHING worked. I am putting every club in my bag on notice, hopefully that will scare them back into action.

Yeah, but I'm pondering whom to see. The pro who worked miracles on me last Spring is about a 2 hour drive one way. Golf Tec is not really my cup of tea. Need to find someone local who I really trust.

Rusty, I'm not exactly sure where you are in Atlanta, but I've heard pretty good things about Ted Fort in Marietta, here is his website: http://fortifiedgolf.com/?page_id=2

Currently in my 909 D2, I have the stock shaft and a jumbo grip. Thinking about having GolfSmith pull the shaft and install a ProLaunch Grafalloy blue (65r) and then re-gripping with a THP grip.

I have the ProLaunch in my 3w and it is a bomber, great penetrating trajectory and I can often hit it further than my driver.

ETA: already have the shaft - got it from RBG not too long ago for $25 shipped.

Currently in my 909 D2, I have the stock shaft and a jumbo grip. Thinking about having GolfSmith pull the shaft and install a ProLaunch Grafalloy blue (65r) and then re-gripping with a THP grip.

I have the ProLaunch in my 3w and it is a bomber, great penetrating trajectory and I can often hit it further than my driver.

Hey Cookie if you have Golfsmith put on the PURE grip make sure you talk to the clubmaker to tell him PURE's are already sized as if they had 1 wrap of tape underneath a regular grip. They seem to not know about PURE grips and I had to take mine off and get the tape underneath where I wanted after I had some clubs lengthened at Golfsmith. Just hoping to save you some time possibly.

Hey Cookie if you have Golfsmith put on the PURE grip make sure you talk to the clubmaker to tell him PURE's are already sized as if they had 1 wrap of tape underneath a regular grip. They seem to not know about PURE grips and I had to take mine off and get the tape underneath where I wanted after I had some clubs lengthened at Golfsmith. Just hoping to save you some time possibly.

Thanks for that but I will actually just have them do the shaft and I will do the grip here. I have the PURE gun, compressor, etc. No more messy tape and solvent for me! :D

Thanks for that but I will actually just have them do the shaft and I will do the grip here. I have the PURE gun, compressor, etc. No more messy tape and solvent for me! :D

Even better! I do the same now.

Cookie - Do you have the Titliest sleeve to put on the new shaft or would you have them snatch the one off the original shaft?

Cookie - Do you have the Titliest sleeve to put on the new shaft or would you have them snatch the one off the original shaft?

Good question, I have no sleeves. So, they would have to grab the original or a replacement for me. Never done any shaft work myself...thanks for that!

Good question, I have no sleeves. So, they would have to grab the original or a replacement for me. Never done any shaft work myself...thanks for that!

Cookster, I didn't think the 909 had an adjustable head? They should just be able to swap the shaft for you.

Cookster, I didn't think the 909 had an adjustable head? They should just be able to swap the shaft for you.

No, it does not. I think when OG said sleeve, I was thinking ferrule. Makes sense now. Thanks!

No, it does not. I think when OG said sleeve, I was thinking ferrule. Makes sense now. Thanks!

You rule dude. I like that Prolaunch Blue shaft and reckon it could be a great one for you in that driver, especially if you're killing your 3w.

You rule dude. I like that Prolaunch Blue shaft and reckon it could be a great one for you in that driver, especially if you're killing your 3w.

Exactly what I was thinking. Drop it off today and play the weekend without it. Also run by Dick's and check out their clearance sale while in the area. :D

Exactly what I was thinking. Drop it off today and play the weekend without it. Also run by Dick's and check out their clearance sale while in the area. :D

That sounds like a oem'tastic day dude!

How many of you guys carry your umbrella every round with you? I have one that I keep on my bag, but I have thought about leaving it in the car most of the time.

My bad as I thought you were adding a shaft to your 910 driver :banghead:

How many of you guys carry your umbrella every round with you? I have one that I keep on my bag, but I have thought about leaving it in the car most of the time.

Mine stays attached to my bag & push cart but I have only used it once.

I have not had an umbrella on my bag in years. If it gets that wet out there, I am heading to a shed somewhere :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back