Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I knew what everyone saw in D Rose. He's an average-at-best defender, average shooter, average passer, and very quick and creative in the lane. Really the only thing I see in him is his quickness and creative ability around the hoop. Otherwise not much. A decent leader. Nothing special there. He also shoots a very low percentage.

The Bulls are the best.

Anyone else see that possession where the Heat first scored? I did. The offense the Heat runs makes me mad. I think Spolestra has the basketball IQ of a rooster if he's the one setting that up.

I wish I knew what everyone saw in D Rose. He's an average-at-best defender, average shooter, average passer, and very quick and creative in the lane. Really the only thing I see in him is his quickness and creative ability around the hoop. Otherwise not much. A decent leader. Nothing special there. He also shoots a very low percentage.

He's still just 23, and he has improved all aspects of his game quite a bit since coming into the league. I think thats a big thing to remember. i also think he is one of the best leaders in the NBA, really respected by all his teammates and heavily relied upon by them.

and i dont know if shooting 47% for your career is exactly low but it could be better.

Pretty average MVP?

Anyone else see that possession where the Heat first scored? I did. The offense the Heat runs makes me mad. I think Spolestra has the basketball IQ of a rooster if he's the one setting that up.

Spoelstra is incredibly smart. Many people around the league think he's one of the best up and coming coaches there is. Put it this way, if Pat Riley were to step in and take over, teams would be fighting to get to Spoelstra.

The best what? Team? They're good, fo sho.

haha, i just felt like saying that. They do have the best record in the NBA though, so there is that.

He's still just 23, and he has improved all aspects of his game quite a bit since coming into the league. I think thats a big thing to remember. i also think he is one of the best leaders in the NBA, really respected by all his teammates and heavily relied upon by them.

and i dont know if shooting 47% for your career is exactly low but it could be better.

I agree and he has a ton of room for improvement. I just don't see him being this super star that everyone makes him out to be. And I don't think he should've been MVP (shows what my opinion's worth lol). I think there were far more valueable players to their team. The Bulls are competant when he isn't on the floor.

That said, I hope he continues to inprove his shooting because he made a big jump in that over last season. If he was a good shooter, that would be great. I also hope, but don't think his vision improves. That passing eye is something you either have or you don't, you don't really learn it. Unfortunately he doesn't have it. I like Rose, I just think he's a bit overrated.

Holy hell touchdown pass.

Spoelstra is incredibly smart. Many people around the league think he's one of the best up and coming coaches there is. Put it this way, if Pat Riley were to step in and take over, teams would be fighting to get to Spoelstra.

I just hope he isn't the one setting up their offense then. Their offense is terribly inefficient for the caliber of players they have. Have you ever noticed their inexplicable knack for eliminating one of LeBron and Wade from the play when the other has the ball? One of them tends to stand in the corner and not do anything. It's just stupid. It eliminates most of the point of having those two. LeBron is one of the best floor generals in the NBA IMO and Wade is one of the better offensive threats in the half court in the NBA. They can work together, but oftentimes they don't. The best plays the Heat have are when they do. Not enough.

I just hope he isn't the one setting up their offense then. Their offense is terribly inefficient for the caliber of players they have. Have you ever noticed their inexplicable knack for eliminating one of LeBron and Wade from the play when the other has the ball? One of them tends to stand in the corner and not do anything. It's just stupid. It eliminates most of the point of having those two. LeBron is one of the best floor generals in the NBA IMO and Wade is one of the better offensive threats in the half court in the NBA. They can work together, but oftentimes they don't. The best plays the Heat have are when they do. Not enough.

Agreed, part of that is managing egos. I don't understand why they don't run more LeBron/Wade pick and rolls. Have fun defending that.

I agree and he has a ton of room for improvement. I just don't see him being this super star that everyone makes him out to be. And I don't think he should've been MVP (shows what my opinion's worth lol). I think there were far more valueable players to their team. The Bulls are competant when he isn't on the floor.

That said, I hope he continues to inprove his shooting because he made a big jump in that over last season. If he was a good shooter, that would be great. I also hope, but don't think his vision improves. That passing eye is something you either have or you don't, you don't really learn it. Unfortunately he doesn't have it. I like Rose, I just think he's a bit overrated.

I agree with you that giving him the MVP might not have been the best choice but i also dont think it was necessarily the wrong choice.
We might have to agree to disagree on the rest though, haha. Rose can take over games and teams have to gameplan and completely focus their defense on him. There are only a handful of players that can affect a game as much as D-Rose does imo, and that makes you a superstar.

Holy hell touchdown pass.

haha, i know! do wade and lebron practice full court passes? nobody throws them better than those two.

Agreed, part of that is managing egos. I don't understand why they don't run more LeBron/Wade pick and rolls. Have fun defending that.

Exactly. Hence me thinking low of Spolestra. They could be much better than they are. Also, Joel Anthony vs Udonis Haslem. I'm all for Haslem. I hate Anthony. He's essentially useless for the Heat IMO.

I'm so confused watching this game. Denver isn't doing anything special, where's Miami's defense.

I'm so confused watching this game. Denver isn't doing anything special, where's Miami's defense.

They're playing terrible defense. I can't understand why they are relying on helpside defense. It just doesn't make sense to me. They're athletic enough to keep up with any other team, so why keep all this shifting? It leaves Denver shooters open for threes, which they've been hitting. They're playing decent defense, but the principle of it is wrong. They are playing the wrong system right now and it's showing.

Boys, that's what happen when you run into a team run by a former UNC point guard.

Boys, that's what happen when you run into a team run by a former UNC point guard.

I almost knew you were gonna say this at some point, haha

Andddd Chalmers has missed 2 technical free throws. I don't get it.

For every free throw LeBron misses he should have to pay 5,000 dollars. Bet you'd practice them a little more then.

Yeah, Kobe might still be the best player in the league.

And D-Rose is far from overrated.

Steel Tappin'

For every free throw LeBron misses he should have to pay 5,000 dollars. Bet you'd practice them a little more then.

He probably should. And Wade should pay every time he only puts up 12 points. Maybe he would practice more too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back