Rice
Vandy
GA Tech
Clemson
Case Western
Johns Hopkins
McGill
Rutgers

So there's a few more than one not in the south, but most of my top schools are there. I also applied to Cornell (Early Decision) but got rejected from there.

Of course I'm biased in terms of which school I think is best on your list. Interestingly enough, I was a biomedical engineering major at Duke. bahester is right, NCSU also has a pretty good engineering program there. You'll be in a great place at any of the schools on your list. Rice is in a really pretty area of Houston, my in-laws live about 15 minutes away from there. Vanderbilt was actually my #2 choice when I was picking a college back in 1997....now I feel old.

Dude Clemson? Ugh I shudder when I think about that part of the world. It might be a good school and all but it's location blows b l o w s blows. I used to go there all the time for conferences and roundtables, but it's your safety school so...

Dude Clemson? Ugh I shudder when I think about that part of the world. It might be a good school and all but it's location blows b l o w s blows. I used to go there all the time for conferences and roundtables, but it's your safety school so...

I don't think it's that bad if you want to kinda be away from everything. When you go there, you go there and realize the only stuff there is the stuff in the town. There isn't anything around there, but I don't think that's always bad.

What's so bad about it? I've never been there or even anywhere near it, so I'm wondering. All I think I know is that it's a small town in a decent area with some pretty good golf. One plus: they have their own course, and every weekend, they have an intermural tourney there. I think I heard it's free too. That would be fun.

I don't think it's that bad if you want to kinda be away from everything. When you go there, you go there and realize the only stuff there is the stuff in the town. There isn't anything around there, but I don't think that's always bad.

Haha, don't get me wrong I love the upstate of SC. Honest to whatever if I could pick a place in the Southern US to live it would be the upstate. The town and general vicinity of Clemson just give me the hibby-jibby's for some reason dude. Plus the whole Pitchfork Ben Tillman thing is another knock on it.

Haha, don't get me wrong I love the upstate of SC. Honest to whatever if I could pick a place in the Southern US to live it would be the upstate. The town and general vicinity of Clemson just give me the hibby-jibby's for some reason dude. Plus the whole Pitchfork Ben Tillman thing is another knock on it.

Hahaha touche :D

I want to see your full list of schools! Clemson is nice, though the town is pretty small. I have heard good things about their golf course.

I grew up not far from Clemson. I hate them worse than Duke. Clemson is near Greenville/Spartanburg but the it's really close to a town called Seneca. There's not much to do there. It's a big Agriculture School as well so you'll get your fair share of good ol' boys there. The Golf Course is called the Walker Course. I have played it a fair few times and it's really a sweet track. The best thing about being there though is that you are extremely close to some phenomenal golf courses.

I grew up not far from Clemson. I hate them worse than Duke. Clemson is near Greenville/Spartanburg but the it's really close to a town called Seneca. There's not much to do there. It's a big Agriculture School as well so you'll get your fair share of good ol' boys there. The Golf Course is called the Walker Course. I have played it a fair few times and it's really a sweet track. The best thing about being there though is that you are extremely close to some phenomenal golf courses.

That last part is one of the biggest reasons that I applied. :D

Well, it should be dead last on our list, that's for sure. It really is a boring little place, Clemson. You'd want to go to Greenville to go out and that's a decent little drive.

Not dead last, but not exactly high up. I really hope I get into Duke. Have you ever played the course there?

Shrug, I know people that go to Clemson and absolutely love it. There are gonna be people that love/hate every school anyways, so what we're telling you shouldn't matter much to you.

The movie "Warrior" is awesome! I am loving it.

Shrug, I know people that go to Clemson and absolutely love it. There are gonna be people that love/hate every school anyways, so what we're telling you shouldn't matter much to you.

Honestly, would you expect them to tell you that they hate it? I've been to most major campuses in the Southeast and Clemson is boring. There just isn't much to do in Clemson. I'm sure it's a great school, but it's toilet paper compared to some of the schools on Charlie's list.

Honestly, would you expect them to tell you that they hate it? I've been to most major campuses in the Southeast and Clemson is boring. There just isn't much to do in Clemson. I'm sure it's a great school, but it's toilet paper compared to some of the schools on Charlie's list.

Word, I respect your opinion. I guess everybody is different. I would personally hate it there, was just saying I know people that do love it, but they're all big into greek life, since I'm sure that's probably all there is to do. I much more prefer the bar scene in Raleigh than Greek Life.

Word, I respect your opinion. I guess everybody is different. I would personally hate it there, was just saying I know people that do love it, but they're all big into greek life, since I'm sure that's probably all there is to do. I much more prefer the bar scene in Raleigh than Greek Life.

Dude, Greek life blows. My brother is one of them guys. They do run the ratios for their parties though. You know who has a cool campus? Va Tech. Blacksburg's a cool town.

Dude, Greek life blows. My brother is one of them guys. They do run the ratios for their parties though. You know who has a cool campus? Va Tech. Blacksburg's a cool town.

I agree with you 100% man. I hate Greek life, period. Give me a back porch, a good group of friends, and some beer and I'm happy. VaTech is really cool, I visited there when looking at schools.

I don't think I'n going to take part in Greek life, or even much partying for that matter. Not my kind of thing. I prefer to hang out alone or with a few friends.

My little rinky dink college didn't have greek life, didn't miss it at all. Give me some beer buds and a good fire anyday over a packed house.

--
tapatalk

I might of missed it, but what do you want to go to school for?

What? I loved partying in College. You'll have your entire life to be a stiff.

My little rinky dink college didn't have greek life, didn't miss it at all. Give me some beer buds and a good fire anyday over a packed house.

--
tapatalk

Yes sir, I hear that.

What? I loved partying in College. You'll have your entire life to be a stiff.

I didn't party a ton in high school but man partying in college is where it's at. Enjoy it while you can, seriously. Go downtown, meet people, have fun.

I might of missed it, but what do you want to go to school for?

Enineering of some sort. Hopefully physics or product engineering.

And yeah partying just isn't my thing. I'm more mellow. I like to go out and hang with a few of my good friends, but that's about it for me.

The State Farm discount double check commercial with B.J. Raji in it is even better than the first one. I laugh everytime I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back