How do you mark your ball?

At the FBR, they talked about how Piercey marks his ball with a smiley face to remind himself to have fun on the course. He commented about how he used to get really down on himself if he would hit a bad shot and that he started using the smiley face to remind himself that its just a game and to relax and have fun.
Personally, I thought that was pretty cool.

I got to think of a new way to mark my ball :(

I posted in this ages ago, but last night I had the camera in hand, so I decided to take a few snapshots.

Click thumbnail for larger view.

The trinity rings in orage above the ball name on each side. A solid black line around the ball.

Your Personal Mark

Your Personal Mark

I put 4 colored dots on my golf balls - two on each side at either end of the brand name. I do it this way because that's what both my parents do and they taught me as a kid. The color depends on my mood, but it's always blue, purple, red or green. Never orange, yellow or black. Many of the women I play with use their initials. I know others use their kids names or important dates. What is your mark? Have you always made the same mark or did you change it over time?

2 blue dots below the number on the ball. I have only just recently starting marking my ball, in the past I never kept them in play long enough to worry about finding them (although I still have some problems with that).

I don't. Seems like a lot of people in my area play Titleist or Nike. My B-Stones are usually the only ones out there so they're easy to find.

I like to put a circle around the number on the ball. Not many people play Tommy Armour balls anyway, I've never found one that wasn't mine.

I have one of those ball spinning gizmos. A dark line all the way around the ball works for me. Of course when I am playing those yellow "Sponge Bob" balls, those are pretty easy to find also. :banana:

Like this:

Titleist1.jpg

-JP

I have one of those ball spinning gizmos. A dark line all the way around the ball works for me. Of course when I am playing those yellow "Sponge Bob" balls, those are pretty easy to find also. :banana:

Oh Prov just fess up and admit you play the pink Precepts! :banana:

Sponge Bob is cool hehe

I carry blue, red, and black sharpies and use one of those colors to put a block dot on either side of the number and a dot above the center of the "Titliest" logo. The color changes depending on my playing partners and how I feel that day.

Pink is good. I play a pink ball in a annual local charity tournament for breast cancer. I will play any color (except green or blue) ball as long as I can find it, and hit again.....:clapp:

part
Oh Prov just fess up and admit you play the pink Precepts! :banana:

Sponge Bob is cool hehe

I use a "Line-M-Up" that my son gave me for Father's Day a few years ago, making a blue cross over the ball model name, sort of like this:

4a4f5f7fab693_83206n.jpg

I've taken to putting my initials (RP) in either blue or red above the logo on both sides of the TM Burner TP.

I mark my TaylorMade Burner TP LDP balls like this:
DSC00989.jpg

I know JPsuff would dig the Reppin' of the Pittsburgh Steelers, as they are my fave NFL team as well!

I use 2 red dots. oneover the Titleist logo and then a second under the number. Easy to find. Though after about a round or so, the red dots seem to go "pink".

I put a green dot in the closest dimple over the s in titleist.

I mark my TaylorMade Burner TP LDP balls like this:
DSC00989.jpg

I know JPsuff would dig the Reppin' of the Pittsburgh Steelers, as they are my fave NFL team as well!

hell yea for the steelers!!

i make a 2 green lines fully around it to more or less divide it into 4 equal parts. somewhat silly, but makes a good line for putting and it is different.

I mark my Titleist with two black dots over the number. Sometimes I get a little crazy and use a green and a blue dot instead of the black ones, just to change things up a bit.

I put three red dots above the name of the ball. And usually the scuff marks on the ball from the trees and cartpath make it easy to identify. :banana:

I fill the white-space of the golfball with a pattern that I like to call "dalmatian blue". The topflites I play now get 14 dots. There isn't a side of the golf-ball from which I cannot recognize the ball as mine........

ballmarkings.jpg

..... or so I thought: I played on labor day and hit one deep into the woods. I wasn't even going to look for it. I hit the provisional much straighter. One of the women in the group hung back, and called me back because she had found my first ball: I couldn't believe it! I couldn't hit from there though, and when I picked it up I saw that it was a Noodle! Not my ball, but marked exactly the same!

Back