Rock Manor -FrostBite Open

hey Kev... i can stop by GG tomorrow and look for those pants in your size if youd like i owe you 80 for the driver anyway. im heading that way for my golf lesson

Ok that works. Check for the grey color so I can match golf4life

It's good to hear that it is still there. I grew up playing there, Delcastle, and a course named Greenhill that probably is gone now.
WOW - small world. I grew up in Wilmington, lived in Heritage Park, and played Delcastle all the time as a teenager.... The first tee there was SOOO intimidating, as least thats my recollection !

WOW - small world. I grew up in Wilmington, lived in Heritage Park, and played Delcastle all the time as a teenager.... The first tee there was SOOO intimidating, as least thats my recollection !

I think they may have changed it around as I dont remember it being very intimidating last I played it which was last year.

I think they may have changed it around as I dont remember it being very intimidating last I played it which was last year.
When I was young, the first tee was right at the Clubhouse - near Range, putting green, etc... there was a PA for the starter who used it like he was a sports announcer... along with what seemed like a gallery everytime you went up there... the starter always had smart alec comments ... For example, If you dribbled one off the tee or hit a shank etc... he would say loudely on the PA " Mulligans ARE allowed on the first tee SIR " .. to a rumbling of snickers from the " gallery" ... pretty funny stuff.

I grew up in New Castle. Bought my first house in Arundel right next to Delcastle, so played there quite often. Got transferred to Michigan in 1974, then elsewhere and finally ended up in Georgia. Still have family in Delaware though.

Anyone wearing long johns??

Anyone wearing long johns??

Undecided... will see tonight how comfortable they feel. I really do hate being cold

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What time are you guys going to get there? The guys at golf galaxy were telling me it's booked up so it's going to be busy I guess.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I was out today and fine. But at 9 it's Gona be like 33*. I don't like feeling restricted with too much clothes.

On another note 110 yards and in I was on fire today :)

I told buck I'll be there around 8-815

Hope it's not too booked where we have to wait at every hole

I told buck I'll be there around 8-815

Hope it's not too booked where we have to wait at every hole

That's pretty much the same time I'm thinking.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I'm the newbie. Got to have time to meet all you guys . I'll have a white pull over and red Bridgestone hat .

I know for a fact if you all can get matty from inside 150 you will win...oh and don't be afraid of bunker shots- matt kills them with his J40s

Ive been trying to figure how many layers Im going to wear and how thick each will be.

Not me. I'm wearing $85 under armor cold gear pants so they better be warm.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Haha I guess they finally jived

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I guess I'll try to get there around 8:15.

Have fun ladies.

I'm wearing ua heat gear, polo, thermal, then a half zip pull over. Nothing too thick as I need room to swing.

And thanks tc1

Well today's the big day..... 32* at tee off with a high of 42* this afternoon. Everything I've heard is it's gonna be packed there today. Guess the nicer weather got more people to sign up. Now to see how many of them can hack it in the cold weather.

I just hope everything didn't freeze lol

Got my cold gear pants on, Nike polo with built in something underneath it, Adidas pullover thing and then my jacket. And Im bringing a ski hat to put over my regular hat. Hitting the road ladies.

Back