Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total darkness is best, but if your not watching it during the day you should be able to get a pretty good picture. Projectors have come way down. You should be able to get a decent one for $750-1500. If you check out a professional home theatre store, and tell them what conditions you want to use it in, they should be able to make some recommendations. Bigger is better!

We too have an HD projector and our thread is around here on it. You can even go way cheaper than that and still get a phenomenal picture. We got a closeout on our BenQ and it was less than $500 and it does HD (720p) and is crystal clear at 110". Also works quite well in non-blacked out rooms.

We too have an HD projector and our thread is around here on it. You can even go way cheaper than that and still get a phenomenal picture. We got a closeout on our BenQ and it was less than $500 and it does HD (720p) and is crystal clear at 110". Also works quite well in non-blacked out rooms.

My uncle has a BenQ as well and I'll 2nd this. His room isn't all the way blacked out, but we've never had an issue watching it. Awesome picture. I'm trying to talk him into giving it to me when he buys another one :D

I'd also recommend my Epson HC720 if you can find one. It should be ~$500 by now and plenty bright. Its replacement (3010) in the current Epson lineup is brighter a few times over, which boggles my mind. And does 3D, and 1080- and is only 50% more than I paid when the 720 was new a few years back.

If you need to have a flexible placement (i.e., not at a fixed angle like you might see with a work projector's image throw), then LCDs like the Epson have an advantage over DLPs like the BenQ.

I want a new TV...pondering going a little larger for the living room. 42 just isnt cutting it

We were averaging 450 minutes per 3 minute HD video. In normal wifi, we average 12 minutes for HD and 4 minutes for SD.

WOW, that's horrible!!

I want a new TV...pondering going a little larger for the living room. 42 just isnt cutting it

Great nerd ponder! I think its time to go LED LCD 55", maybe a LG for that ass.

I have the same size in my living room. I want a bigger one, but don't know what to do with the older one. I bought it in 2006 and I will not even get close to what I bought it for if I sold it. I want a 55 or bigger though. That would be nice!

I have the same size in my living room. I want a bigger one, but don't know what to do with the older one. I bought it in 2006 and I will not even get close to what I bought it for if I sold it. I want a 55 or bigger though. That would be nice!

Best Buy does trade in's now for TV's, I think. Something is better then nothing but at 6 years old now you might be closer to nothing then something..lol. I keep my TV's on a 2-3 year cycle to avoid the nothing.

Great nerd ponder! I think its time to go LED LCD 55", maybe a LG for that ass.

I am def going LED LCD, but, I pointed out a 55 and she laughed. I am thinking of going 47. Our house is too small for a 55.

Best Buy does trade in's now for TV's, I think. Something is better then nothing but at 6 years old now you might be closer to nothing then something..lol. I keep my TV's on a 2-3 year cycle to avoid the nothing.

I didn't know that. It is crazy that I paid $1600 for a 42" LCD Samsung then and now you can get one for around $500. Do they have a value guide on their website?

I am def going LED LCD, but, I pointed out a 55 and she laughed. I am thinking of going 47. Our house is too small for a 55.

What guy doesn't want an extra 5 inches for 500 bucks or so.

now that's just nonsense right there. When have you ever heard anyone say "I wish I got a smaller TV"

now that's just nonsense right there. When have you ever heard anyone say "I wish I got a smaller TV"

umm, I would totally say that. I'm all about quality over quantity dude. And I think One-tizzle could get away with a bigger tv. Even the foot print of your house is small, you have massive vaulted ceilings. Just mount the tv a little higher on the wall. Like a painting or something. It would look good and we can game on it.

My dad haha. He has a 60" TV and wants to downgrade because it's too big and it honestly is for the room it's in.

42" to 47"? Is it really worth it for only 5" more? Your wife said it was when you were out of town for that last trip but thats for another thread haha

I didn't know that. It is crazy that I paid $1600 for a 42" LCD Samsung then and now you can get one for around $500. Do they have a value guide on their website?

Yeah they do. I cant remember if they do TV's for sure though. They may not now that I think about it.

NO WAY....heck you can put a 55 in a bathroom these days......Next time she points out shoes....Laugh.

What guy doesn't want an extra 5 inches for 500 bucks or so.

hahaha....you making fun of me for going from 42 -47?

hahaha....you making fun of me for going from 42 -47?

Not at all. Just that most guys would gladly pay for 5 more inches...hehe

I went 42-48 on our bedroom tv. In the living room we went from 48 to 55 and did 3D. In the theater we went straight to 110 and I wish we had done 100. For me its all about immersing oneself in the picture and bigger CAN be better, but not always. You still want the set at eye level so you are not straining in looking up or down.

You can definitely go too big for a certain sized room. You need a certain amount of space between the seating positions and the screen for optimum viewing pleasure.

42" to 47"? Is it really worth it for only 5" more? Your wife said it was when you were out of town for that last trip but thats for another thread haha

You must have invited a friend over for the extra 5, cause I know your not packin heat.

Not at all. Just that most guys would gladly pay for 5 more inches...hehe

I went 42-48 on our bedroom tv. In the living room we went from 48 to 55 and did 3D. In the theater we went straight to 110 and I wish we had done 100. For me its all about immersing oneself in the picture and bigger CAN be better, but not always. You still want the set at eye level so you are not straining in looking up or down.

See, the TV in my living room isnt 1080p, I got it right when LCD's came out, its a little thicker, nothing to write home about. the TV I am looking at is 47, LED/LCD 240 and internet connectable. Not to mention thin. TO me it would be worth it. I will move the 42 to the bedroom. and take the 37 and put it in the spare room.

5........Last time my wife asked for 12 and said make it hurt, we did it 4 times and I punched her in the face.

You can definitely go too big for a certain sized room. You need a certain amount of space between the seating positions and the screen for optimum viewing pleasure.

Thats why I dont really want to go 55. people that have been to my house know it is small. 55 would look a little funny ....I think

Just buy the damn tv you want. Your room looks big b/c it's so damn vast and tall. It'll be fine.

Spoiler
Can I have your old one?

My dad has a 46" LED LCD and it's one of the best pics I've seen.

Just buy the damn tv you want. Your room looks big b/c it's so damn vast and tall. It'll be fine.

Spoiler
Can I have your old one?

but a 55? She has given me the ok for the 47 about 15 times. Damn, I hate being responsible.

Spoiler
Can I have your old one?

I just turned to GG and said how soon before TC asks for the old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back