Penta TP5, TP3, and RBZ ball pricing

I've been spoiled by the great deals on the Penta's. I bought 6 dozen for 120 last time I bought any. 20 bucks a dozen is unbeatable. Going back to paying full pricing will be tough.

I think EW still has a buy 3 for the price of 2 promotion going on.

I'm good on balls for now. I have about 10 dozen balls sitting at my house total. I bought the Pentas last time at 30 bucks a pop, buy 2 get 3, so it came otut to 20 bucks a dozen. Pretty nice.

After every bad shot my brother and I hit today, we said 'that shot sucked RocketBallz'.

We're children.

Seriously though, thanks for the prices. Love Penta's.

Steel Tappin'

Seems like the Rocketballz might work best for me. At that cost, I see no reason to not give those a try.

I'm looking forward to the RBZ reviews so I can see how they compare to the BStone e6

I'll have to give the tp3 and rbz balls a try. I'm currently playing the iz, but it sounds cheap on wedge shots. The sound is throwing me off a bit and would be willing to switch if I find a ball with similar performance with my game.

I played a round yesterday with the new Rocketballz and TP5, here is a short review.

Rocketballz - Soft feel, sounds dead off the driver but had great flight, went straight which was nice. Kind of felt like a Srixon soft feel or q-star. I would try this ball again. Felt really controllable off the irons and wedges. Felt a little too soft off the putter.

TP5 - Sounded great off the driver, felt really hard, great run off the ground, amazing off the irons and wedges. Really felt like I was in control with this one. To me this felt like a Z-Star or B330.

My overall impression is that the Rocketballz are going to be a big seller for the mid to high handicapper, however the sound of them may put some off. The TP5 will be a favourite for all penta players. I really liked both of them, the green markings on the Rocketballz looks great. I know I am the player that should be playing the Rocketballz, but the golfing snob in me will probably still pay twice the amount i should be for balls.

I played a round yesterday with the new Rocketballz and TP5, here is a short review.

Rocketballz - Soft feel, sounds dead off the driver but had great flight, went straight which was nice. Kind of felt like a Srixon soft feel or q-star. I would try this ball again. Felt really controllable off the irons and wedges. Felt a little too soft off the putter.

TP5 - Sounded great off the driver, felt really hard, great run off the ground, amazing off the irons and wedges. Really felt like I was in control with this one. To me this felt like a Z-Star or B330.

My overall impression is that the Rocketballz are going to be a big seller for the mid to high handicapper, however the sound of them may put some off. The TP5 will be a favourite for all penta players. I really liked both of them, the green markings on the Rocketballz looks great. I know I am the player that should be playing the Rocketballz, but the golfing snob in me will probably still pay twice the amount i should be for balls.

Are you going to try the TP3? Just wondering how they are.

Thanks for the small review! I'm excited to try the TP5 and the TP3, but I may have to give the Rocketballz a try as well!

Looking forward to playing these and seeing what more THP'ers have to say about them!

Nice review. Looking forward to others thoughts on these new TM balls. And just my thought on your ball of choice, it's whatever your are comfortable with that counts. If you prefer the higher end ball then I believe you will play better because of that.

Thanks for the kind words on my first "layman's" review. I would write more but since I have only been playing for a year I feel that my knowledge is only at the beggining stages.

Thanks for the kind words on my first "layman's" review. I would write more but since I have only been playing for a year I feel that my knowledge is only at the beggining stages.

Nonesense, you will have a different viewpoint than a veteran golfer, but other newbies like myself can benefit greatly from your point of view. Throw some knowledge on us.

I played the Rocketballz balls today for the first time. I switched them in and out with my usual B330S. I have to admit that I was impressed. I really liked it off of the driver. It seemed to fly straight when hit well, and did not seem to spin off in any direction when not hit real well. I was also impressed with these balls off of the irons. I was able to hold the greens and had a few spin back. I think they played very similar to the B330S on approach shots. I noticed a little difference with some pitch/chip shots; they did not seem to check as much as the B330S, but were very playable. Overall, they felt good coming off of the club. They were durable as well. I l liked the look of them, which is a big thing for me. If I do not looking down at it, then I will not play it. The slime colored numbers are not overbearing at all and actually look really nice.

First impressions...I really liked them and would consider playing these on a regular basis. I guess I am going to have to watch for another live B-Fit opportunity and see what the numbers say.

I'm currently playing the original Penta, so I'm curious how the TP5 compares.

Looking forward to trying the new Pentas. I see TGW has them for 45.99 (TP5) and 34.99 (TP3).

Back