Odyssey Putters 2012

I have been daydreaming about the ProType putters, and possible custom paintfill and grip options if they are available to MCers. I love the carolina blue grip.

Those are sharp. Agree that the numero 6 looks great.

I am digging the #2 and #9

Haven't seen too many in-hand pics of the new ProType line yet, were there many on display at the PGA Show? Anyone have thoughts on them that have seen them in person?

I like these alot - I just wish they came in Backstryke. I love my Backstryke.

somebody shoot me....I rolled a White Ice Dart Belly putter at GG on Friday and I liked it....I didn't want to....but I did:beat-up:

Protype #7 will be my putter I think.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I'm leaning toward the #2 because I am used to playing a blade style putter, but I am hoping to catch the tour van at one of its stops so I can get fitted for one. I think it is so awesome of Odyssey to offer that opportunity to its customers.

Well after doing a ton of research, and with the way I'm putting right now, I'm going to stay with a blade putter, and I'm leaning towards the #2. I'm not totally sure what the difference is between that putter and the #3 but I'm sure I'm missing something stupid. I'm still interested in the metal-x putters but there is still nothing on the odyssey website about them which seems odd to me.

Well my past 3 rounds my putting has left me for a bit and I've gone back to a bit of a face balanced mallet and i'm putting much better for now. I'm now pondering the Metal-X mallets, and protype tour mallets, what about you Chunky?

CB I am all up in the air as to what I will be picking. I've been doing great with a mid mallet so I figured maybe the 2ball. Weirdly I had trouble lining it up though. Went to the #9 and was rolling it perfectly. Just not sold on the short putts with that style though. The metal X really has my attention. I bet that insert is sweet

CB I am all up in the air as to what I will be picking. I've been doing great with a mid mallet so I figured maybe the 2ball. Weirdly I had trouble lining it up though. Went to the #9 and was rolling it perfectly. Just not sold on the short putts with that style though. The metal X really has my attention. I bet that insert is sweet
Thats what I'm thinking Chunky, I'm thinking #7 or maybe DART in the Metal X. I like inserts.

I'm thinking the 7 or the Rossie. The 7 is the same shape that Donald rolls I think. He's pretty good. I like inserts also man. I even prefer the FIT Face on the Betti which acts somewhat like an insert.

Donald does roll the #7 chunky.

I'm thinking the 7 or the Rossie. The 7 is the same shape that Donald rolls I think. He's pretty good. I like inserts also man. I even prefer the FIT Face on the Betti which acts somewhat like an insert.
Not only LukeyD but the man the myth the legend JB has been known to game a #7.

That might seal the deal for me. I'm a Euro homer. And WTC is with the Odyssey site. These putters are supposed to release in a month and yet they don't have full on pages for each putter yet. All I see is the one page that has some weak pictures up. I need to see better pictures!!

They need the #5 in Metal X. Love the look of those in general though.

Not only LukeyD but the man the myth the legend JB has been known to game a #7.

Beating JB with his own style would be icing. I would miss the cool little extra's you get with the Protypes though

That might seal the deal for me. I'm a Euro homer. And WTC is with the Odyssey site. These putters are supposed to release in a month and yet they don't have full on pages for each putter yet. All I see is the one page that has some weak pictures up. I need to see better pictures!!
Totally agree Chunky, there is no info on them at all. I'd like to hear a little more about seeing as they are coming out in a month or so.
They need the #5 in Metal X. Love the look of those in general though.
That would be pretty nice, I agree this insert looks really good.
Beating JB with his own style would be icing. I would miss the cool little extra's you get with the Protypes though
I don't know if that is going to happen, but the Protypes are pretty cool. I have no idea about what I want for a putter right now to be honest until I can give a couple of them a good roll. I have no idea yet what either of them feel like or how they roll the ball.

The Protypes feel nice. Similar to the Black Tour putters but IMO not quite as soft. I really like how they feel. I just have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to love how the Metal X feels. Plus I kind of like some of the head types better on the Metal X's.

The Protypes feel nice. Similar to the Black Tour putters but IMO not quite as soft. I really like how they feel. I just have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to love how the Metal X feels. Plus I kind of like some of the head types better on the Metal X's.
Interesting, I want to go roll some putters, but Golftown here still doesn't have any of the new stuff in the putter category.

I'm with you CL...something about the Metal X's appeals to me as well

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Is Ernie playing a Metal X?

The face on his putter was really popping off the black. Its either a Metal X or a Japanese putter

Back