Its a weird shaft for me. Do not like how it feels. Makes the club feel very heavy also. But damn the ball flight was awesome

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

My pro got back from the show and said these are the real deal. The dealer cost on these is super reasonable. I can not wait to hit them.

I have no clue if the sole is wider than the i15 as this is the first PING iron I have spent any length of time with. I am a 13 HC and have always assumed I need the SGI or G line of irons. Well, I can't stand the "shovel" look to the G line. I do however like the looks of the S line but don't have the game for them. The i15 have no ferule and that too drives me crazy.

Compared to my MX200s I would say they are not as forgiving. But its certainly not by a long shot. They felt real close the the MX300 line to me. In fact, that is what I kept saying to myself. At address they reminded me of the 300s. I love the satin look.

They head was considerably smaller than the MX200s but I never felt like I was in over my head with the i20s which I was afraid I would feel. I am a forged snob, so to speak, and was amazed at the feel of the i20s. I didn't hit as many as I wanted but all but my first shot felt great.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

thanks for the advice Minarets been waiting to try these

Its a weird shaft for me. Do not like how it feels. Makes the club feel very heavy also. But damn the ball flight was awesome

This makes me want to hit them more now. I like a solid feeling iron that doesn't feel too light or whippy

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Ponder: Ping I20's with PXi shafts

hit these outside today....damn!!! If they were in the budget right now, they'd jump right in the bag.

hit these outside today....damn!!! If they were in the budget right now, they'd jump right in the bag.

I could honestly say the exact same thing.

Loved them ddec?

Pretty much my thoughts too. Before the year is out I might have these in the bag.

Loved them ddec?

sure did. I have i10's in the bag right now and I liked these much better.

Pretty much my thoughts too. Before the year is out I might have these in the bag.

With J40's on the way for me, I don't think these will be in the bag this year for me. But that would be quite the iron shootout J40 DPC vs i20.

With J40's on the way for me, I don't think these will be in the bag this year for me. But that would be quite the iron shootout J40 DPC vs i20.

Very cool to hear guys. I haven't had the chance to hit these yet, but I'd really like to.

If I didnt have J40's on the way also Id be getting fit for i20's. I was super impressed

Ping i20 Irons

That is my problem....the budget. My least favorite word in golf. Trying to pay off some bills and get a new house...

I keep hoping maybe next season, but the I line runs every 2 years, right? So they will be the same price next year as they are now?

Why do I love stuff so much?

I will be testing these out this week hopefully, talked to my course pro today and he said to come out this week if I want to hit them.

That is my problem....the budget. My least favorite word in golf. Trying to pay off some bills and get a new house...

I keep hoping maybe next season, but the I line runs every 2 years, right? So they will be the same price next year as they are now?

Why do I love stuff so much?

They should drop a bit in price next year. Though the line isn't replaced next year, they usually do drop. I think last year we dropped the price by almost $200 on the i15's.

They should drop a bit in price next year. Though the line isn't replaced next year, they usually do drop. I think last year we dropped the price by almost $200 on the i15's.

good to hear, thanks

I literally had a dream that i got fit for a set of i20s. I am pathetic.

I did a Ping fitting with the CFS shaft back a few months ago with the S56's. From what the ping van guy said, if you've hit the old ZZ65 ping shaft and liked it you'll like the CFS. It's basically the 2.0 version of the ZZ with a stiffer tip. I first asked for a X-100/S56 combo to try but the swing weighting was sooooooooooooo bad; but with the 114g CFS it made for a heck of a combo. Sold me real quick.

I like the look of the i20 but man I'm worried about the launch profile of these. With Ping listing them as High on launch angle with the CFS shaft, I jsut picture myself hitting moonshots, and I can't stand moonshots >.<

The S56/CFS combo may just be to good for me to entertain thoughts of the i20s

Soon as I can I will be going 5-PW with the PXis. Who's with me?

Stop that! Stop staring at me chunky! haha .... man I played around with this one again on Sunday...ay mi maria!

Haha! You know who I'm talking to. Lets show Ping how to test their irons.

Nothing like grabbing a set of irons right before you grab a set of irons for the MC. OEM Kevin will be proud.

Nothing like grabbing a set of irons right before you grab a set of irons for the MC. OEM Kevin will be proud.

haha I remember that guy. Long live the OEM.

I'd be with you, but not with j40s on the way.

Back