Adams Speedline Fast 12 Driver & Fairway Wood

You do count yourself with the sheep right? Just making sure lol. Be sure to let us know what your findings are after you have done the needful.

Exactly! Baaa!!! :banana:

I guess the question that needs to be asked is what were you expecting going into this test? That they'd see the same distance with the Admas, more distance, less distance? Or are you just surprised at the amount of distance loss period or the amount of distance loss with each of the corresponding clubs?

The surprise was in the amount gained by 2 and the amount lost by 3.

14 people tested this club today and for 9 of them, they got similar shot dispersion out of their current drivers (all newer than 2008) and distance was with in 3 yards either way. The remaining 5 have left the mystery in me.

2 out of those 5 got extreme distance gains (over R11 and Titleist 910D2). I mean extreme. One guy averaged 19.4 yards in more distance and the other averaged a whopping 23.7 yards of more distance. These are absolutely insane when considering how new we are talking.

But here is where it got interesting.
The remaining 3 of those 5 got pretty big distance losses. (Callaway Razr Hawk, Cleveland FL 290, TaylorMade R9 SuperTri). 8.9 yards, 11.4 yards and a whopping 15.9 yards respectfully.

Testing was done after warmup with all players hitting 16 golf shots and using their current driver and this new driver alternating shots. The high and low were kicked out and it left 14 balls to average on the Vector for feedback. Not a single golfer had been fit for their current driver (that is too bad) and all were in the 5-14 handicap range.

Im more puzzled now than when I started.

JB,

I went to golf galaxy today, just looking to see what was out there. I hit the new Adams Speedline up against my Titleist 910 D3, and overall I gained on average 20 yards of distance and tightened up my disbursement with the Adams. Spin rate, and launch angle were very close, but the Adams just impressed me. I have never owned an Adams driver, but I may consider gaming one now!

JB,

I went to golf galaxy today, just looking to see what was out there. I hit the new Adams Speedline up against my Titleist 910 D3, and overall I gained on average 20 yards of distance and tightened up my disbursement with the Adams. Spin rate, and launch angle were very close, but the Adams just impressed me. I have never owned an Adams driver, but I may consider gaming one now!

Good stuff. What was adding the distance for you? Spin Rate and Launch were similar you said, so did you just pick up a massive amount of ball speed?

Ironically enough, I played this driver today and things did not go well for me. I was on average about 6 yards shorter than my current driver (during warmups based on Vector), but on the course, I hit but 1 FW in regulation. I am going to chalk it up to just one of those days and bring it out again on my rounds for Thursday and Friday.

JB,

Wow, 20 yards! You should have walked out with that one.

Good stuff. What was adding the distance for you? Spin Rate and Launch were similar you said, so did you just pick up a massive amount of ball speed?

Ironically enough, I played this driver today and things did not go well for me. I was on average about 6 yards shorter than my current driver (during warmups based on Vector), but on the course, I hit but 1 FW in regulation. I am going to chalk it up to just one of those days and bring it out again on my rounds for Thursday and Friday.

I was (according to the launch monitor) consistently hitting around 285 with roll, maxing out one time at 299 with the 910, and with the Adams (again according to the launch monitor) I was consistently hitting it 302-303, maxing out once at 318.

I know my swing speed was fluctuating between 108-115, I think my ball speed with the Adams was around 164ish? I don't quite recall what my ball speed was with my 910.

Evening, So I had a go with the driver and the fairway tonight. I was fairly meh on the driver but I could see how some people would love it. Easy to elevate, too much so for me, but the Graffaloy Blue shaft really launches it quickly. Spin was pretty good as I come to expect from Adams. Easy distance for those who aren't big swingers. Terrible, terrible sound though. Not as bad as the 9064 but still unpleasant like the Nike SQ's of old. For the big hitters the Fubuki Alpha in the F12 LS is pretty sweet. Weird feeling with the shaft extension/adjuster though. The extra weight in the hosel was noticeable and I ended up cutting inside on the downswing a couple times. Not sure if it was the weight or the expectation of the weight in my mind but there it is. The real winner is the fairway in the F12 line. The head is super poppy without the tinny sound that the driver has. The slot takes a bit to get use to but it's not too bad. Again the Graffaloy Blue really launches the ball. Easy, easy distance either from the turf or a tee. I'd really like to try this with a VTS silver or something to stop it from hooking so bad but the head is impressive. the only downside I see to it is just the sheer size. On lies where the ball is well above or below your feet, in the rough or a small gully, it's going to be annoying trying to get the ball out of that spot with this. I think right from the shelf the fairway could be a fantastic winner for a great many people. One of the best fairways I've ever hit at this point even without a fitting.

And you're hitting the Fast 12 driver, not the LS? With the Grafalloy Blue? It just sounds like it is a huge dud for you. Are you giving this driver more, less, or the same amount of attention as other drivers you test? It sounds like you are putting in a ton of time with it.

And you're hitting the Fast 12 driver, not the LS? With the Grafalloy Blue? It just sounds like it is a huge dud for you. Are you giving this driver more, less, or the same amount of attention as other drivers you test? It sounds like you are putting in a ton of time with it.

Every club we test gets the same amount of attention.
Yes, the Fast 12, not the LS.

Just food for thought here but do you think that the color of the driver itself might be playing tricks on the vector? I've heard that certain colored heads that don't really distinguish themselves from the golf ball give launch monitors fits. I know that when I would take my R11 in to my local shop for vector testing that we had to put electrical tape on the head.

Just food for thought here but do you think that the color of the driver itself might be playing tricks on the vector? I've heard that certain colored heads that don't really distinguish themselves from the golf ball give launch monitors fits. I know that when I would take my R11 in to my local shop for vector testing that we had to put electrical tape on the head.

We did the same thing to be sure and nothing has changed as of yet.

Just catching up on this thread. Those are some wacky numbers. I would think that the gains and losses are simply fitting issues. Maybe the huge gains are due to them having played too stiff a shaft in their driver?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Id like to see round 2 of testing with this one just to see what happens. And since chunky has stated in another ithread that he's awesome he should take part in this test.

Today I played 18 with this driver and lets just say it did not go well. 2 -14 in GIR (although my misses were not too bad). Distance was only about 5-6 yards shorter than my regular driver, but I find when I miss either off the toe or high on the club face, I get absolutely punished.

Today I played 18 with this driver and lets just say it did not go well. 2 -14 in GIR (although my misses were not too bad). Distance was only about 5-6 yards shorter than my regular driver, but I find when I miss either off the toe or high on the club face, I get absolutely punished.

which means NO THANKS for me

Yikes.... Do you think if you had a shaft that better fit you the results might be different? I'm assuming you have the Pro Launch blue. I know it may not necesarily help with the mishits though.

do you think that's from the velocity slot not extending all the way out to the toe?

do you think that's from the velocity slot not extending all the way out to the toe?

No, because really when I say missing on the toe with this I mean by a ball or so, not all the way out. Just really struggling each round with this one.

Got it. definitely sounds like you shouldn't be having those kind of shots then if you're not all the way out there then.

No, because really when I say missing on the toe with this I mean by a ball or so, not all the way out. Just really struggling each round with this one.

Not a great sign for this driver that's for sure. Not with all the rave some are getting this year.

Not a great sign for this driver that's for sure. Not with all the rave some are getting this year.
Not necessarily true. Just because it isn't working for JB doesn't mean it's a dud. For me, ihave hit it consistenly better than both Taylormade drivers and the VR_S. I have seen a tremendious boost in distance, clubhead and ball speeds. This may fall into the love it or leave it catagory. Granted, I have only had it outside once at a sheltered range, otherwise I have only been in simulators.

Not necessarily true. Just because it isn't working for JB doesn't mean it's a dud. For me, ihave hit it consistenly better than both Taylormade drivers and the VR_S. I have seen a tremendious boost in distance, clubhead and ball speeds. This may fall into the love it or leave it catagory. Granted, I have only had it outside once at a sheltered range, otherwise I have only been in simulators.

Lets keep in mind that we test our drivers with multiple people and the numbers above show that.

You're absolutely right. I wasn't declaring that this driver is a dud by any means. Just compared to some of the high praises some of the other drivers have been getting this year it was strange to hear something else from this one. I can't wait to try it myself.

Back