THP Super Bowl Contest & Game Thread

Oh and Congrats Darren!

TipTappin'

Congrats! Go Pittsburgh.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

Congrats Darren! Sounds like its going to be a very cool package. Can't wait to see what the outfit is!

Congrats Darren! Sounds like its going to be a very cool package. Can't wait to see what the outfit is!

Me either! Beyond excited to receive the goodies!

Congrats again Darren K. I can't wait to see what you get, sounds like it will be pretty awesome!

Congrats Darren, THP MVP!

Congratulations Darren.

Congrats, Darren!

Nice pick Darren! I wanna see what you get now lolz...

Nice pick Darren! I wanna see what you get now lolz...

Me too! I'll get photos as soon as it arrives. Wonder when that will be...?!

Me too! I'll get photos as soon as it arrives. Wonder when that will be...?!

Congrats D K, I was the lucky winner last year and it was a great prize, lots and lots of great golf items, enjoy.

Congrats Darren. Judging from past THP packages, it never fails to live up to expectations.

Way to go Darren! Enjoy and post pics of what you get!

You guys have me excited now!

Congrats Darren!

congrats darren k!

I'm just glad the Giants have better luck than me, lol.....

Thanks butters! Congrats to you too, of course!

I need a prize for battling through birthing class tonight still a bit hungover, haha.

I need a prize for battling through birthing class tonight still a bit hungover, haha.

Oh your "prize" is coming soon enough buddy. Not long now.

Here's my answers to your questions Barry:
1. Usually during the super bowl commercial time is very expensive and companies make hilarious or outrageous commercials so you will remember them and buy their product. So usually no it doesn't bother people.
2. For a big event they believe you need a big halftime show to entertain the crowds while the teams rest for the second half. Usually its just little games or a small act to entertain in regular games. But the more important. The game the bigger the halftime show.
3. I don't know why they shout world champions. It never made sense to me either. All teams are in the CONUS so there is no "world" aspect to it. Maybe because USA is the only country in the world to play with the rules we have? Not to sure about that one...
4. The owner usually does because he bought the team and spent millions of dollars on the players, coaches, staff, stadium, etc. But I agree with you a lot of those guys that do the dirty work (offensive linemen come to mind) usually get looked over and the guy who touches the ball more gets all the credit. (QB, RB, DB, etc.)
Hope that helped a bit to understand this crazy game we love called football! : )

TipTappin'

Cheers mate for answering my Q's. My bro lives in TN and loves it but never takes the time to really tell me why things happen, i mean i know and understand all the rules but it's more than a game its an event. We don't get the funny commercials you guys get as we don't have the licensing so now i understand that aspect. Your right the owner does spend lots of money and you guys will know the Glazer's who own Tampa Bay who also own my football team Manchester United but its weird the owners are loved in the US whilst we hate with a passion the Glazers. This is down to them taking a loan out to buy our club and have put us in £800million worth of debt but thats another discussion haha

cheers barry oh and well done kenny, awesome prizes I'm sure coming your way!

Cheers mate for answering my Q's. My bro lives in TN and loves it but never takes the time to really tell me why things happen, i mean i know and understand all the rules but it's more than a game its an event. We don't get the funny commercials you guys get as we don't have the licensing so now i understand that aspect. Your right the owner does spend lots of money and you guys will know the Glazer's who own Tampa Bay who also own my football team Manchester United but its weird the owners are loved in the US whilst we hate with a passion the Glazers. This is down to them taking a loan out to buy our club and have put us in £800million worth of debt but thats another discussion haha

cheers barry oh and well done kenny, awesome prizes I'm sure coming your way!

Not a problem. Another time you can explain to me your futbol craze. Haha. I get the rules and all just not why it is so big. I went to Ireland and the world cup finals were going on and it was nuts. But like I said another thread haha. Glad to help!

Seriously. Tappin'.

Back