What is the worst golf purchase you've made this past year....

My worst purchase last year was my R11 driver. I love it, but paid way more than I could have had I waited a month or so. ::shakeyfist:: :/

I should have waited for the R11s :banghead:

I would probably say my Cobra S3 Max irons, lasted about 3 weeks before I realised I just didn't like them and promptly part ex'd them (losing about £200) for my Ping G15's

My worst purchase was the Q Star dozen. Mental note to self that you do not need to buy a dozen to test a ball. Horrible stuff.

Had bought a Sabertooth last year (thinking it looked cool and all), and within a couple months sold it, because I wanted a Maranello Ghost (which I LOVE). Lost like $50, but glad to make someone's day here on THP.

tees....I hate buying tees but the moment required it. Never again.

What I thought was a safe bet, Footjoy StaSof glove, was easily the worst purchase last year. My normal glove was out of stock, bought a 3 pack of these and after about 3 holes the hate show was in full effect. The thumb seam kept rolling onto the contact point. Gave them all away.

On the bright side, I hated the glove so much that I stumbled on to my new fav at the pro shop making the turn.

Runner up is the Basic Shaft Puller I bought from GolfSmith. It is pretty finicky to work.

Hats I like them in the shop but when i get home a realize i do not

Box of ProV1's.
Not the right ball for me by a long shot.
Never tried them before other than the occasional one I would find on the course.
Traded the ones I had left to a buddy for some Nike 20XIs balls and loved them.

By far my most disappointing purchase was diablo edge irons they felt good in the sim and performed horribly for me on the course. They just weren't for me!

Starting to think the Ogio Velocity stand bag i bought to replace my 13 yr old 1st gen Ping hoofer was a bad purchase. I love all the pockets and its fairly light even with all the stuff i carry, but the straps are junk. They are stretching out, parts are folding over, just generally very unhappy with the straps. I emailed Ogio and just got a claim form for a warrenty, so we'll see what happens..

R11 driver that i bought ... sold it with the quickness and returned to my R9 supertri.

My TM superfast driver. It's not that it's a bad driver it's just that I thought it was the only thing in my price range when a week later the superfast 2.0 dropped into the same price bracket and the superfast dropped even lower.
That and the Callaway I(s) balls. They are rubbish for a premium ball, got more distance and spin around the greens from a burner tour.

Starting to think the Ogio Velocity stand bag i bought to replace my 13 yr old 1st gen Ping hoofer was a bad purchase. I love all the pockets and its fairly light even with all the stuff i carry, but the straps are junk. They are stretching out, parts are folding over, just generally very unhappy with the straps. I emailed Ogio and just got a claim form for a warrenty, so we'll see what happens..

You can buy good straps online and at major retailers for pretty cheap.

Callaway X-Series Chrome wedges and FT-iz hybrid for me. Worked great on the sim and demo range session, however the wedge didn't work at all for me on half and less swings, and shredded the ball too much on full swings. The hybrid was second to none off a tee for me, but only about 3/10 shots would be clean hits off the ground.

Bought a supposedly TM bag from RockmBottom Golf...all dividers broke within ten rounds...guessing it was a knockoff. RBG also sent me a LH wedge when I ordered a RH lob wedge...I don't use RBG for anything anymore.

Bought a supposedly TM bag from RockmBottom Golf...all dividers broke within ten rounds...guessing it was a knockoff. RBG also sent me a LH wedge when I ordered a RH lob wedge...I don't use RBG for anything anymore.

Did you contact them and describe the problems?

Thats weird, I have never had a problem with them and they are one of the more well respected internet retailers. Did you tell them?

Callaway C4 Driver. Worst golf product I have ever "purchased".

Ping G20 driver, 8.5 degree with tour stiff shaft. Last time I ever buy a driver from only hitting in a simulator. It is an awesome driver when you hit it right but the bad hits kills my rounds. I took it out again last week but have made the decision to sell it. Really don't want to but I have to. Now I am back to using my R9 10.5 with regular shaft. Can hit it not too bad although it does go a little high. Trying to work out what to try next but having a hard time. Might see how the RBZ goes when the Taylormade guy comes to town.

Ping G20 driver, 8.5 degree with tour stiff shaft. Last time I ever buy a driver from only hitting in a simulator. It is an awesome driver when you hit it right but the bad hits kills my rounds. I took it out again last week but have made the decision to sell it. Really don't want to but I have to. Now I am back to using my R9 10.5 with regular shaft. Can hit it not too bad although it does go a little high. Trying to work out what to try next but having a hard time. Might see how the RBZ goes when the Taylormade guy comes to town.

Have you tried just lowering the loft on the R9?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb/obvious question, it's honestly not ment to be.

Last summer bought some new Nike VR Forged Split Cavaties. Really struggled all summer and fall. Took away all confidence with my irons. Just traded them in last Monday for Burner 2.0's after the very appealing price reduction. Played first round today with them and they are awesome!

Have you tried just lowering the loft on the R9?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb/obvious question, it's honestly not ment to be.
Pretty sure you can only lower the loft with closing the face, which opens duck hook city :) I think you can go 1-1.5 degrees higher loft and still keep a square face but to decrease loft you loose a square head. A guy I know has a 9.5 with stiff shaft and has said I can try his shaft in my head so will see how that goes. When I was on launch monitor I was swinging 103-108 so by the book I should be stiff but I am not 100% convinced.

Pretty sure you can only lower the loft with closing the face, which opens duck hook city :) I think you can go 1-1.5 degrees higher loft and still keep a square face but to decrease loft you loose a square head. A guy I know has a 9.5 with stiff shaft and has said I can try his shaft in my head so will see how that goes. When I was on launch monitor I was swinging 103-108 so by the book I should be stiff but I am not 100% convinced.

Does decrease the loft and closes the face, though that doesn't guarantee you will duck hook it. I'm just saying if that's an option for you, why not try it as opposed to spending money on new drivers.

Does decrease the loft and closes the face, though that doesn't guarantee you will duck hook it. I'm just saying if that's an option for you, why not try it as opposed to spending money on new drivers.
You're on here and suggesting someone do something completely logical to an old driver rather than spend a few hundred more $$ on a new club! Blasphemy!

Yeah I might give it a go :act-up:

Back