Yellow golf ball poll

Yellow golf ball poll

• Total voters
Played a dozen of the Srixon Z-Star and loved the yellow color. Easier to track the flight and easier to find in the rough.

Srixon Z-Star in yellow, easy to track and find and love the way they look at address

This could be a stupid question but can you get any Bridgestone ball in yellow if you want? I've used the B330-S before and loved that ball, not so much the others.

Just the RX series and e6 I believe.

I like the yellow balls. Also like the white ones.

I've tried yellow and orange, and they just don't do it for me. Looking down at any non-white ball is incredibly distracting for me. I love that they are easier to see, however my vision is very good anyway combined with golf lenses on my Flak jackets, no problems seeing.

I'm with you. I dont like the yellow balls, reminds me of a range ball or something. Just not a big fan.

I personally dont find the yellows to be any easier to see or find.

Recently used some Pinnacle Gold Precision and Bridgestone E6 balls. Both a lot easier to spot from a distance. I have no problem putting them into play.

I have been using a Bridgestone B330-RX in the yellow/green color this winter when playing alone. They are much easier for me to see off the tee so it is worth giving up that extra distance in order to be able to find the ball. Wish the Penta came in color for such occasions since it is about 20 yards longer for me off the tee.

I have been using a Bridgestone B330-RX in the yellow/green color this winter when playing alone. They are much easier for me to see off the tee so it is worth giving up that extra distance in order to be able to find the ball. Wish the Penta came in color for such occasions since it is about 20 yards longer for me off the tee.
Maybe you need to try the Srixon Q-Star. Ive also managed to find Top-Flites in yellow from time to time.

I agree with PGHkid in that I wish Taylor Made would come out with a colored ball. I like the orange E6 and I am anxious to try out the optic yellow this spring. Our foursome makes it a rule not to talk about each others balls. Very distracting. KCM

I am all for them with a big BUT,

I love the color of the z star and tri speed, and the NXT tour S seemed to be the same color upon looking through store lights, but I couldn't stand the Q star color for some reason.

The first 3 I mentioned seem to be more yellow-green than yellow. Plus they have a metallic look to them up close. In the wild the z stars look like mini tennis balls to me. Almost green. The Q looked yellow as yellow gets and I wasn't a fan.

So even though we call them "yellow balls" I think I like the greener side to them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

This could be a stupid question but can you get any Bridgestone ball in yellow if you want? I've used the B330-S before and loved that ball, not so much the others.

No such thing as a stupid question. I'm not for sure on what is available everywhere, but my pro shop stocks yellow RX and orange e6 only for colors.

I happen to really like the Z-star yellow balls. Started using them after I was given a free sleeve late last summer. Found them easier to find since I play half the round in the rough. LOL.

Really wish that Taylormade did a yellow ball though. Perhaps a Rocketballz ball that's yellow with the electric green lettering would be funky.

I for some mental reason play yellow balls better, I feel more confident standing over them I guess cause its pleasing to my eye and different ?

I voted that they aren't easier, but they aren't harder either. One thing I've noticed as a lot of my mates use them is that the crows seem to love em more that the white balls. Interesting.

Wow Lefty, for a ball 20 yards longer off of the tee I would play one that is a matching green for the grass, that is huge buddy.

Wow Lefty, for a ball 20 yards longer off of the tee I would play one that is a matching green for the grass, that is huge buddy.

That is only with driver, it is 5-8 yards with other clubs. I am playing the blue tees now (6197 yds) so distance is not an issue. Those Pentas get up in the air and just go forever, the BS doesn't get up in the air nearly as high for me and right now there is zero roll out. When things dry out, there probably won't be near as much difference. The distance off the tees with BS right now, winds up being about the same as if I were on the gold tees so it is not bad. I will be back on the golds in a few weeks. I like the BS in that I find it closer to the middle of the FW and like that it doesn't spin the balls as bad on the greens. I probably will use the BS today in the wind, it is supposed to be 20-30, thus low flight and low spin are good things.

I have only played a round or two with them but they do make it easier to see in all conditions!

No such thing as a stupid question. I'm not for sure on what is available everywhere, but my pro shop stocks yellow RX and orange e6 only for colors.
Yup, Bstones yellows on come in the RX and E6. Apparently they figure that folks who play the other balls dont lose their's often enough to need a yellow or orange ball.

I think it is a little more visible then white ball. However, that is not why I play yellow. I do it more so because people can stop taking my ball! Haven't we all ran into the person who picks up a ball, "oh I thought it was mine." Yea, okay f'er...

That being said, when I'm playing with my friends (we're all pretty good), I like walking up to the green and instantly seeing which is mine.

I used the Q-Star yellow and it noticeably more visible in low light, early or late.

Swing hard,just in case you hit something

I think it is a little more visible then white ball. However, that is not why I play yellow. I do it more so because people can stop taking my ball! Haven't we all ran into the person who picks up a ball, "oh I thought it was mine." Yea, okay f'er...

That being said, when I'm playing with my friends (we're all pretty good), I like walking up to the green and instantly seeing which is mine.
Thats done now that Titleist has started making yellow balls.

Thats done now that Titleist has started making yellow balls.
I agree. It does suck, however, I wonder if people will take.

I love playing Srixon, but I guess I may have to start playing orange Bridgestone's ha.

I agree. It does suck, however, I wonder if people will take.

I love playing Srixon, but I guess I may have to start playing orange Bridgestone's ha.
Im sure you will still have those who wont play anything but a white ball but Im sure you will also have those Titleist loyalists who scoffed at yellow balls but now that Titleist makes them will be able to convince themselves that its OK.
I personally wish more balls came in orange. Id love to game an orange ball but Im not interested in playing a Bridgestone E6. If only they made orange in at least an E5 Id game one but I want more spin than an E6 gives me.

No prob with yellow ball. Even played orange ball before.
TapAhoy!

Back