I hit these for an hour today with both the stock PING shaft and the Project X. For me this with the stock shaft beat out the Cleveland Classic and the NIKE VR_S easily. Now what to sell to get this in the bag? And I thought I was finally going to have something besides a PING driver in the bag.

Saw this at the shop on Friday and it's definitely sharp. Unfortunately I didn't have time to hit it, was on lunch and in dress shoes.

I hit this today with the PX 6.0 in it at Golfsmith. It wasn't quite as long as the Classic or VRs, but seemed to work nicely with my swing and the dispersion was tight. I hit the 9.5* head and was seeing launch angles ranging from 11-13*. It's a great looking driver, but not one that I would game. However, the i20 fw could find itself in my bag very soon.

I spend over an hour today hitting the i20 and a few others. It is the first driver I have hit in a while that my numbers on the launch monitor were significantly better that my current driver. I also preferred the stock ping shaft in feel. This driver is everything I wanted the i15 to be ( i15 didn't stay in the bag long ). I'm going to go back and hit it one more time tomorrow with both shafts and also give the Cobra Amp a quick look just for my due diligence.

Bottom line, if you didn't like the i15 dont let that stop you from trying our this driver. Totally different in all manners, look, feel, setup, etc.

JB have you had a chance to hit this at all yet? i know you've been crazy busy but this is on my radar now as I may be looking to out my Superfast 2.0

I might try and hit one tomorrow. I love my G10 but I want to see if I can gain anything from something new at this point. I am a bit of a Ping homer when it comes to drivers, I feel confident with them so I want to try to stick with one.

I hit this today with the PX 6.0 in it at Golfsmith. It wasn't quite as long as the Classic or VRs, but seemed to work nicely with my swing and the dispersion was tight. I hit the 9.5* head and was seeing launch angles ranging from 11-13*. It's a great looking driver, but not one that I would game. However, the i20 fw could find itself in my bag very soon.

This was my experience as well.... great looking, pretty tight dispersion, but significantly shorter than the Classic and VRS for me too.

This was my experience as well.... great looking, pretty tight dispersion, but significantly shorter than the Classic and VRS for me too.

did you try both shaft options?

did you try both shaft options?

I hit the one with the PX 6.0 in it. The shaft was solid, but I just can't generate the clubhead speed with this versus the Classic or VRS. Loved the sound and look of it, but I love distance even more.

I hit the one with the PX 6.0 in it. The shaft was solid, but I just can't generate the clubhead speed with this versus the Classic or VRS. Loved the sound and look of it, but I love distance even more.

yeah ill see what distance i get from it id rather have some accuracy right now if i lose some distance.... unless i can have both of course.

Dude, the 6.0 isn't nearly enough shaft for you and I would argue the TFC Tour would be better anyway. 6.5 if anything in the PX but the TFC tour increases the weight a bit but more importantly stiffens the tip up considerably which I imagine would help with your ball speed and spin rates.

This puppy will be my next driver but I won't have it for a bit. Ping won't get my shaft in until mid April which is sad but for the price I can wait.

Dude, the 6.0 isn't nearly enough shaft for you and I would argue the TFC Tour would be better anyway. 6.5 if anything in the PX but the TFC tour increases the weight a bit but more importantly stiffens the tip up considerably which I imagine would help with your ball speed and spin rates.

This puppy will be my next driver but I won't have it for a bit. Ping won't get my shaft in until mid April which is sad but for the price I can wait.

yeah i agree after reading more about the 2 shafts Brett im going with the TFC Tour i like the heavier shafts anyway.

Hit the i20 at a Ping demo day. Was getting some decent numbers. Pretty consistent 255-260 range. Solid feel, looks, sound. I found that my normal straight/slight draw swing was producing slight fades. Fade swing produced a fat cut shot. No draws...period. Couldn't turn this one over. If I could then I bet I could get 910 distance out of this sucker. Much more forgiving than I expected. Great club but doesn't warrant a new purchase. I'd just be trading for looks on this one.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Hit the i20 at a Ping demo day. Was getting some decent numbers. Pretty consistent 255-260 range. Solid feel, looks, sound. I found that my normal straight/slight draw swing was producing slight fades. Fade swing produced a fat cut shot. No draws...period. Couldn't turn this one over. If I could then I bet I could get 910 distance out of this sucker. Much more forgiving than I expected. Great club but doesn't warrant a new purchase. I'd just be trading for looks on this one.

I'd say that's a fair assement. I wasn't much for fading it though, straight or draws all day long for me which was certainly interesting. I haven't a clue where this draw has come from but it's popping up on every club now.
Mostly what I like about it is it's a deep faced driver that's still rather forgiving. I like the black and the club shape really just fits my eye. Is it a super stand out performance wise? I'm not sure. It's got really, really solid numbers though. More important it just feels comfortable. Step up and take the standard swing and bam! there it goes. It doesn't need any of those pesky swing thoughts that make bad things happen.

But then that's just me. I watched two other guys with the nFlight at the same time and neither could hit it worth beans despite being obviously better long game players then I am.

I'd say that's a fair assement. I wasn't much for fading it though, straight or draws all day long for me which was certainly interesting. I haven't a clue where this draw has come from but it's popping up on every club now.
Mostly what I like about it is it's a deep faced driver that's still rather forgiving. I like the black and the club shape really just fits my eye. Is it a super stand out performance wise? I'm not sure. It's got really, really solid numbers though. More important it just feels comfortable. Step up and take the standard swing and bam! there it goes. It doesn't need any of those pesky swing thoughts that make bad things happen.

But then that's just me. I watched two other guys with the nFlight at the same time and neither could hit it worth beans despite being obviously better long game players then I am.

I hit a small draw with most of my clubs. Usually straight with the driver so it's a task for me to turn it over on the driver without hitting an Eldrick snaphook. This one didn't produce any bad hooks just kept going straight. Am I complaining? Nope. Can't complain with straight. Just found it interesting.

Finished my round this morning and Ping had a demo day at our course. After a rather disappointing round I launched off with the i20 9.5 with the stock stiff shaft. Excellent result, one ordered. Found that there was so little side spin it was a really straight driver with plenty of distance. The little range at our course kind of stopped as I was belting balls out of the range! Really solid feel. Off hits tended to go straight down the wrong line I hit but not spin off even further, which I liked a lot!! Pro was there and said, "just get it! It is for you"
Club did generate a lot of confidence, was able to turn both ways. Very much looking forward to it coming into the bag.
did I mention it is great looking?!
PS. apparently the Project X shaft has a softer tip which is no good for me.

I agree with you that the shaft was too whippy for sure, but its hard to find the X flex type shafts in a typical big box store unfortunately. But honestly, I've grown fond of the lightweight drivers, and picking this one up after swinging the VRS, it felt like a sledge hammer. I do love the look of it though, and the sound too...

I can certainly see where this would work for a lot of golfers though. I llike the tall profile of the face too, but that's why I adore the Classic... tall face and lightweight, AND forgiving on off center hits.

yeah i agree after reading more about the 2 shafts Brett im going with the TFC Tour i like the heavier shafts anyway.

Cool, let us know how it works out for you. I hope you buy it so I can try it out.

I picked this up in the shop today and loved the look of it. I hope this is the direction that PING is going in for shafts. They are long overdue to give up the ghost on making their own shafts and not offering the aftermarket shafts out there now. Still a little disappointing that a company that became famous for custom fittings has not gotten aboard the adjustability train.

I hit this club today along with the D3 and I cannot decide which one I like better. Appearance wise I like the Ping, I have always liked the matte black finish and not just on golf clubs. I also like the shape of the head better on the I20, I feel like it inspires a bit more confidence than the D3. Unfortunately I was only able to hit the I20 in a stiff flex which I could not take full advantage of. I hit the D3 a little longer, 250 best drive with the D3 and 237 with the I20, but that was most likely because I was using the correct flex shaft in the D3. My miss hits were almost identical to each other, had two snap hooks with each and the rest was just a slight push right, ten to fifteen yards of center. I am not sure which one too get!

I demo'd this driver vs my D2 last week. Sorry I didn't write the numbers down but was focused on fitting for the irons. Basically, I found results for "good" swings about the same, but the i20 had better numbers for "bad" swings (obviously good/bad is somewhat subjective but I did have Trackman #s).

I definitely plan to spend more time at the nextchance with an LM comparing just these drivers again, but not ready to pull the trigger. This was with the stock 707 shaft BTW - I was actually surprised how much I did not like the PX Black as I couldn't seem to hit a straight drive. Ping has really steeped up on their stock Ping shafts.

I demo'd this driver vs my D2 last week. Sorry I didn't write the numbers down but was focused on fitting for the irons. Basically, I found results for "good" swings about the same, but the i20 had better numbers for "bad" swings (obviously good/bad is somewhat subjective but I did have Trackman #s).

I definitely plan to spend more time at the nextchance with an LM comparing just these drivers again, but not ready to pull the trigger. This was with the stock 707 shaft BTW - I was actually surprised how much I did not like the PX Black as I couldn't seem to hit a straight drive. Ping has really steeped up on their stock Ping shafts.

The stock 707 shaft is getting great reviews, I think if I order one I will be going with that shaft.

got a chance to hit this today.... it felt great and looked even better but it wasn't as long as i was hoping it would be. It did have a nice dispersion on it but was one of the shorter drivers i got a chance to hit today. i did like the heavier shaft though. felt really good.

Just picked up the i20 today and managed to get on the course. First drive around 280 meters without without warm up down the middle!! Not all went down the middle but they didn't spin away also. During the short short hit managed to hit lengths I have not been able to do before! Need some more Practise to feel 100% confident, but very excited. Will be going to the range this evening. Also got the pro shop to put a better grip on after, I think this will make some difference.
Niiiiiiice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back