Callaway Golf Returns for the 2nd Morgan Cup

I'm pondering everything right now....going to the CPC is going to be like an alcoholic going to the liquor store

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I'm pondering everything right now....going to the CPC is going to be like an alcoholic going to the liquor store

hahahhaha have a great time!!!

I'm happy for you Hanks. Can't wait to read your thoughts on the day. I'm going back and forth with regards to fittings. I mean I know my basic measurements and the irons I've gotten based off my fitting from 2 years ago seem to work for me. I would like to find a place that will let me hit a bunch of different shafts in the FIT although I have a sneaking suspicion we might not have a ton of choices with regards to that. Right now my thoughts waver between

Driver: This one is tough. I like the adjustability of the FIT. Didn't like the shaft in it when I played it. The Black was great for me but it would sometimes balloon on me. 60/40 right now for the FIT although that might change with shaft options
3W: 99% sure I will go FIT
Hybrids: Razr XF's vs Razr
Irons: Razr XF's vs Razr Blacks.
Putter: This is the battle. I have a feeling I will love the Metal X. I do like the little custom options you get with the Protypes though. Protypes feel nice as well and I was rolling the #9 very well at Golfsmith. Worried about the short knockers with this type of putter though.

I'm happy for you Hanks. Can't wait to read your thoughts on the day. I'm going back and forth with regards to fittings. I mean I know my basic measurements and the irons I've gotten based off my fitting from 2 years ago seem to work for me. I would like to find a place that will let me hit a bunch of different shafts in the FIT although I have a sneaking suspicion we might not have a ton of choices with regards to that. Right now my thoughts waver between

Driver: This one is tough. I like the adjustability of the FIT. Didn't like the shaft in it when I played it. The Black was great for me but it would sometimes balloon on me. 60/40 right now for the FIT although that might change with shaft options
3W: 99% sure I will go FIT
Hybrids: Razr XF's vs Razr
Irons: Razr XF's vs Razr Blacks.
Putter: This is the battle. I have a feeling I will love the Metal X. I do like the little custom options you get with the Protypes though. Protypes feel nice as well and I was rolling the #9 very well at Golfsmith. Worried about the short knockers with this type of putter though.

Ill have thoughts here for sure but I may do a home page article on it. Not sure though.

I like your club thoughts...here are mine that I have going into this

Driver- Fit
3w- Fit
hybrids- XF's
irons- XF's or razr blacks
Putter- no idea
Ball- Hex Black

Great minds think alike! I like putting with the Hex Black over the Hex Chrome so far. Darn weather has made it so putting is the only thing I can do with them so far

This is a great idea - I haven't posted this yet.

Driver- Razr Fit
3 wood- Rfit
Hybrid- Razr
Irons- Razr Musclebacks
Putter- I currently game the backstryke 2 ball and love it. I do like the prototype, but haven't played a blade style putter in about 7 years. Also I really like center shafted putters.
Ball- Hex Black

I love that you are going with the MB's!

He's serious

Haha apparently. I feel like I'm going in the wrong direction

Just messing dude. I've hit them and liked them a ton. Not a hard blade to hit and the feel is amazing. I'm just more concentrating on what I need for that weekend and forgiveness due to nerves is probably a good thing for me. I love those MB's though.

He's serious

Just messing dude. I've hit them and liked them a ton. Not a hard blade to hit and the feel is amazing. I'm just more concentrating on what I need for that weekend and forgiveness due to nerves is probably a good thing for me. I love those MB's though.

Yup- that's the thing- everyone needs to get what is best for them. I know most guys love forgiveness, and I don't blame them. There are days when I am not striking the ball well and I might wish I had more. BUT that being said, to me, the whole point is to get better and improve. If I have a club that is masking some flaw, I'm not improving. I'm ignoring.

Yup- that's the thing- everyone needs to get what is best for them. I know most guys love forgiveness, and I don't blame them. There are days when I am not striking the ball well and I might wish I had more. BUT that being said, to me, the whole point is to get better and improve. If I have a club that is masking some flaw, I'm not improving. I'm ignoring.

The opposite can be true too......a better club could prevent you from getting better too if your game isn't consistent enough yet. I think a golfer should get the clubs that fit now, not where they want to be

I like that thought. I had MB's a few years ago and quite honestly played some of my best golf with them. It was just the blow up days that really messed with me. I don't have the mental makeup to get over those days easily. I'm taking lessons now though. Imagine if my instructor says he would like for me to get the MB's! We'd be rockstars Gh!

He's serious

The opposite can be true too......a better club could prevent you from getting better too if your game isn't consistent enough yet. I think a golfer should get the clubs that fit now, not where they want to be

Good point and very valid thoughts. To each his own haha.

Chunky, get the RXTs or the RXFs dude. I'd get the Razr X Forged if I could.

Sent from my forged iPad

I like that thought. I had MB's a few years ago and quite honestly played some of my best golf with them. It was just the blow up days that really messed with me. I don't have the mental makeup to get over those days easily. I'm taking lessons now though. Imagine if my instructor says he would like for me to get the MB's! We'd be rockstars Gh!

Hahhahah I love it Chunky. That would be sick. We would absolutely need to get some pictures together with those pin seeking swords.

Sent from my forged iPad

I really liked the forged too man. It's going to be a tough call. Callaway's lineup is really $$$ this year.

I really liked the forged too man. It's going to be a tough call. Callaway's lineup is really $$$ this year.

Yes it is bro. You could do like Phil and combo it up.

Sent from my forged iPad

Just go Forged. The last guy that did dropped out

Sent from my forged iPad

I dont' know why but I'm not really even looking at the RXT's. I feel like most of the MC'ers played them last year and Cally should have some more of their products talked about. Am I going about this wrong?

Yes it is bro. You could do like Phil and combo it up.

Sent from my forged iPad

If I can, that is my plan. I'm just not sure if that will be allowed. I'll go at least 4 in the forged then 5-pw in the MB or 4 and 5 forged and 6-pw.

I am going into my fitting with a complete open mind...I am going to hit what the fitter suggests and let the numbers do the talking...if that means I ende up with the RXT's or the XF's or the Razr Forged then that's how I go...same for driver and FW...I am going in with an open mind and will see how it goes.

One thing my fitter said was they do putter fittings though.

I am going into my fitting with a complete open mind...I am going to hit what the fitter suggests and let the numbers do the talking...if that means I ende up with the RXT's or the XF's or the Razr Forged then that's how I go...same for driver and FW...I am going in with an open mind and will see how it goes.

One thing my fitter said was they do putter fittings though.

I'd like to have a putter fitting. Never have. Just to see if I do go with a blade what my specs should be.

I'd like to have a putter fitting. Never have. Just to see if I do go with a blade what my specs should be.

Yeah me too...will probably do one at GolfTec

Back