Callaway Golf Returns for the 2nd Morgan Cup

Pretty awesome to have Chad around. What a wealth of information. Thanks for taking the time to offer up some info tour Morgan Cup Cally staffers.

That is some GREAT info! Ideally, if it is an option for us for the Morgan Cup I would love to have a combo set of MBs and X Forged. Just have to get the shaft nailed down for which one works best for me. I'd love to try these with a 6.0 shaft as well as with some KBS Tours.[/QUOTE

Don't forget about the ultimate combo set of Razr X Tour 2h 18*/3H 21* as well. I can't say if the combo set is an option or not, but I would surely ask.

We should know more in the upcoming weeks as to what our options will be, but all this info is really helping us out! Thanks!

Thanks for all the great info Chad, we really appreciate your insight.

IN and other guys....Here is my $.02 from what I see in the CPC. I reccomend the MB's for a player that is looking to control the trajectory height, which here in Texas is generally trying to lower the ball flight to bore it through the wind. The MB and original T/A Proto head have a flighted CG position which will help keep your 7,8,9,PW a little lower. I tend to shy away from this head for someone that does not play to a 4-5 or less, because with the forgiveness of the Razr X Forged and the even more forgiveness of Razr X Tour. My guy's that are on staff here at the club play the MB's and love them in the short irons, but both former d-1 players have done a combo set with either the Razr X Forged 3,4 and MB 5-PW, and one does Razr X Tour 3, Forged 4,5,6, and MB 7-PW. My fitting philosophy is if you hit more than 3/4 of your greens a round and are looking to work the ball a bit the MB's are great, but if you mainly hit a straight ball, and don't move the height a lot benefit from the perimeter weighting of the other models. If you are getting 1.40 or higher out of the general max of 1.43 with a six iron you will be very happy with the MB.

As for some shafts in Razr X Forged here is generally what I see, PX is the highest launch with most backspin, KBS Tour same launch lower backspin, and DG S300/X100 is lower flight with the lowest launch and spin. These are dependant on the attack angle and path of the player, but this is my simple comparison of the 3 at the 120-130 gram weight range.

Very enlightening stuff Chad, thank you!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, Chad. I have to say that I'm still thinking of those X-Forged right now. I wish I could have tried them with the 6.0 just for comparison sake. Interesting info on the spin/launch with the PX. It sure looks nice all step-less.

Great info Chad. I really hope that this is an option for us moving forward. Really cool to hear that others have enjoyed the combo set of the two.

Some very cool stuff going on in this thread as of late. Nice having Chad here for the Callaway staffers to bounce ideas off. Love hearing about all the thoughts surrounding a combo set which sounds like a terrific idea as Callaway has such a variety of options with their irons line-up.

Pretty awesome to have Chad around. What a wealth of information. Thanks for taking the time to offer up some info tour Morgan Cup Cally staffers.

Thanks for all the great info Chad, we really appreciate your insight.
I'm glad Chad signed up with THP too. Lots of good info.

It is pretty amazing we have access to a guy like Chad with his knowledge. I'm really amazed at this.

I'm glad Chad signed up with THP too. Lots of good info.

It is pretty amazing we have access to a guy like Chad with his knowledge. I'm really amazed at this.

Yeah, when he sent me the questionaire the other day and told me he signed up at THP I thought it was very cool, he even asked if I could give him links to the Morgan Cup info to get him started. He seems like a great guy that really knows his stuff.....I think that I am very fortunate to be working with him next week on my fitting!

2 hrs later the Fitting is done....need to go grab grub and then stretch out and ice my back when i get home. Full details tomorrow....awesome time where I have everything but putter figured out for the most part. I was a golf lab rat but enjoyed every minute of it

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

That is awesome Banks!! Can't wait to read your thoughts and club selections!

Can't wait to hear about it Hanks, rest up big fella.

Cant wait to hear about the experience banks

Good deal, Hanks. DId you video it? Were you allowed to?

2 hrs later the Fitting is done....need to go grab grub and then stretch out and ice my back when i get home. Full details tomorrow....awesome time where I have everything but putter figured out for the most part. I was a golf lab rat but enjoyed every minute of it

Good stuff dude. Look forward to some good reading. Did you go to the one at KOP Mall? Where I was considering for the last MC?

Lookin forward to the pics!

YESSSS!!!! I want to hear your thoughts!!!!

Can't wait to read your thoughts, I am so excited for my fitting on Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff dude. Look forward to some good reading. Did you go to the one at KOP Mall? Where I was considering for the last MC?

Exactly!

Hanks, you're killing me. How about some teasers or something? What irons dude?

Hanks,
I would start a new thread on your fitting process so that non-MC people might check it out.

Look froward to it hanks.

Back