TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

Man... I'm such a sucker for distance... I gotta get me one of these

When those who have the rescue set it on the ground, does it sit way open?

I hit my 4 hybrid today for the first time and I didn't notice it being open. Looked square to me.

I hit my 4 hybrid today for the first time and I didn't notice it being open. Looked square to me.
What kind of distance gap were you seeing between the 3 and 4 hybo?

What kind of distance gap were you seeing between the 3 and 4 hybo?

Well I seemed to be struggling with the 3 for some reason and didn't seem to ever hit it well. Then I'd hit the 4 and it was like I couldnt miss. I'm swinging about 75% I'd say so it might be hard to tell just yet. That 4 is really good though.

I just couldn't do anything with this guy off the mats today. I just don't fell comfortable with my set up at all. I'm hitting the grass tomorrow and am looking for some better results.

Edit: I could do no wrong with club before.

I just couldn't do anything with this guy off the mats today. I just don't fell comfortable with my set up at all. I'm hitting the grass tomorrow and am looking for some better results.

Edit: I could do no wrong with club before.

You lost me at mats. Lol I bet you get back to hitting solid shots back on the grass.

Ya, once you find a 3 wood that you hit really well its hard to go to another one. I hit 90% of fairways with my 3 wood and hit it a good ways for me. It will take something special to make me take it out of the bag. I wish it was matt black though like that one the guy posted the other day.

The VR-s 3w was just as long and easier to hit off of fairway lies for me. Wasn't a difficult decision to make. Poor 909 fairway wood, we had a good run together.

Taylormade RBZ: Wheres my 17 yards?

Taylormade RBZ: Wheres my 17 yards?

Apparently you need to read the fine print with the RBZ in that if you dont have a high swingspeed you arent going to see that 17 yards:

I feel the same way when I sit it on the ground it looks open but when I grip it it looks square if not slightly closed. Certainly plays like a closed face for me.

Apparently you need to read the fine print with the RBZ in that if you dont have a high swingspeed you arent going to see that 17 yards:

Really again? Why do you have to have a high swing speed to see 17 yards??? Why cant you see 17 yards at your swing speed?? People of all different swing speeds saw all kinds of increases from less then 17 to more then 17 yards. The fine print stuff is played out already.

Really again? Why do you have to have a high swing speed to see 17 yards??? Why cant you see 17 yards at your swing speed?? People of all different swing speeds saw all kinds of increases from less then 17 to more then 17 yards. The fine print stuff is played out already.
First of all, relax. Breathe. If you dont swing fast enough, you dont get the advantage that the pocket on the bottom of the club gives you. Its simple aerodynamics, my friend.
Ive demoed both the Burner 2.0 and the RBZ side by side and honestly, I saw a very minimal difference. The RBZ had maybe 5 yards on the Burner but certainly nothing that would make me want to upgrade clubs.
Also, the internet right now is full of comments by people who say they didnt gain much distance with the RBZ, certainly not the 17 yards that TM is claiming you will get.
Now, having said that, I actually like the RBZ. Its a good-looking club that feels good at impact. Im just not buying the claim of 17 additional yards because I havent seen those gains myself on the launch monitor.
If youve seen those gains, cool, Im happy for you. I havent though and I felt that video was worth sharing because the Trackman doesnt lie. Granted, you could say that maybe Crossfield is just being a TM hater again and wasnt swinging the club as hard with the RBZ but, honestly, he's had good things to say about TM lately. He actually likes the R11S and gave it a rave review.

First of all, relax. Breathe. If you dont swing fast enough, you dont get the advantage that the pocket on the bottom of the club gives you. Its simple aerodynamics, my friend.
Ive demoed both the Burner 2.0 and the RBZ side by side and honestly, I saw a very minimal difference. The RBZ had maybe 5 yards on the Burner but certainly nothing that would make me want to upgrade clubs.
Also, the internet right now is full of comments by people who say they didnt gain much distance with the RBZ, certainly not the 17 yards that TM is claiming you will get.
Now, having said that, I actually like the RBZ. Its a good-looking club that feels good at impact. Im just not buying the claim of 17 additional yards because I havent seen those gains myself on the launch monitor.
If youve seen those gains, cool, Im happy for you. I havent though and I felt that video was worth sharing because the Trackman doesnt lie. Granted, you could say that maybe Crossfield is just being a TM hater again and wasnt swinging the club as hard with the RBZ but, honestly, he's had good things to say about TM lately. He actually likes the R11S and gave it a rave review.

First thanks for helping me breathe and relax I really needed that. Look I went to the launch event for the RBZ stuff and watched everyone hit the RBZ against their own 3W on the launch monitor and the majority did get something in the area of 17 yards. Myself included. No not everyone but I think it was only 2 guys that didnt see fairly large increases. So apparently what you really need to do is not worry about the fine print says or what some homer says hitting on trackman and just go hit it yourself. And with all that Mizuno in your signature I'll take what you say with a grain of salt :alien:

RBZ17 arguments are tense

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

RBZ17 arguments are tense

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

First of all, Chunky, relax. Breathe. If you don't you will die. Now swing as hard as you can or you will not see 17 yards because of the fine print.

I'm not fussed whether i get the extra 17 yards i'm just happy if i hit it a good distance that helps my game and is a good gap between my driver and hybrid. People get too hung up on the 17 yards.

I'm going to practice this breathing thing at the range tonight

I have always found the whole breathing thing to be beneficial........to a long life!
Actually talking about practicing at the range I'm off there now...my pro has me humming to myself as I swing ...it really helps my tempo and a smooth swing..,get some wierd looks though :beauty:

Well I seemed to be struggling with the 3 for some reason and didn't seem to ever hit it well. Then I'd hit the 4 and it was like I couldnt miss. I'm swinging about 75% I'd say so it might be hard to tell just yet. That 4 is really good though.

I am the complete opposite. I like the 3h a lot better than the 4h.

I finally got some good swing again with the 3h and 3w. All set up issues. So glad to be getting more consistent results again. These were just amazing clubs for me a few weeks ago and then everything changed, driver's too. All set up.

I finally got some good swing again with the 3h and 3w. All set up issues. So glad to be getting more consistent results again. These were just amazing clubs for me a few weeks ago and then everything changed, driver's too. All set up.

Usually comes back to the set up for me too frank. Set up and my first foot of my swing.

Usually comes back to the set up for me too frank. Set up and my first foot of my swing.

I was all screwed up for a little while. I was getting kind of mad because the hybrid was so easy to hit originally. It get better, real fast, with the adjustments. And I have a lesson for early next week. Get back in the swing of things.

Got a demo day coming up soon at Providence... can't wait to try out the 18*. Looks pretty zesty! :banana:

IMG_0143.jpg
IMG_0142.jpg
IMG_0145.jpg

MAILDAY!!!!

Just received my new RBZ Tour Hybrid 3 18.5*. I got the Matrix ALTUS shaft.

I was able to hit it 3 times today and honestly didn't it that great. I probably hit my Cobra Baffler Pro better, but I will give it some time to grow on me. The club is absolutely beautiful! It sits perfect!

I will have more reviews on the club soon. I need to hit the range with it and see what it can do.

Back