Ping I20 Hybrid.... WOW!!!

Yup, I similarly went with the stock 707 shaft over the PX.

I need to go hit this one and the G20. I like K15 and G15, never hit an i15. Point and shoot. However, I had some really odd results at times. Just didn't gel with them.

You definitely need to - just make sure you bring $190 (retail) + tax

I need to go hit this one and the G20. I like K15 and G15, never hit an i15. Point and shoot. However, I had some really odd results at times. Just didn't gel with them.

Congrats on the purchase. Time to update your signature :)

I also tested out the i20 hybrid today and was impressed. I'll be keeping an eye on it, as my hybrid and 3W are the two clubs I'm thinking about replacing in my bag.

Does anyone know the major difference between the Project X 6.0 and the Ping 707H Stiff ? My local shop only had the Project X 5.5 and 6.0 - so I wasn't able to compare with the Ping shaft.

I hit the TFC better than the Project X 6.0 hands down. Not sure of the major difference

I'm going to hit this today! But leaving wallet in the car lol

I'm going to hit this today! But leaving wallet in the car lol
Haha, good choice.
Man if the hybrids are as good as the irons we are all gonna be broke.. ;)

Lol I've mattykracked way too much lately

You definitely need to - just make sure you bring $190 (retail) + tax

No no no! I'll call Blind9 as I would want to have it in 21 not 20, maybe flattened and shortened based on how it hit off a board. Can drop the tax part too :clapp:

I hit this today at the show. Out of my experience hitting hybrids this year... this is my favoruite one. The shaft and head feel great. On FlightScope I was hitting it (21*) 234 yds. Just a solid club with not a complaint. Love the sound. The shaft is a great pairing.

Alex

I have no intention of new hybrids but after reading the posts and seeing these I might have a little ping ponder going on. My wife appreciates it.

after two rounds this weekend with a 23* demo, I am definitely getting that instead of a 4i, though it is so long, I'll have some gap isssues around 200y. I am debating 17*/20* i20 hybrid vs 18* fairway (or both which gives options).

Kyle, if it makes you feel better, I think the RXT hybrids you appear to game are the best I've ever played. Performance has been very similar for me - I just reluctantly traded in RXTs to feed my club purchase habits - if I could do over, I would have kept them even if they went to the garage as a backup. Read: buying form scratch I would get the i20, but not sure its worth $300+ for a couple vs RXTs if you are hitting them well.

I have no intention of new hybrids but after reading the posts and seeing these I might have a little ping ponder going on. My wife appreciates it.

Ping i20 hybrid

Ping i20 hybrid

Searched the forum for a thread about the i20 hybrid but couldn't find one so thought I would create one. But if there is one already I am sorry and mods may merge this with that and I blame tapatalk's search thingie.

But what do you think about that club those of you who have tried it? I really like the look of it and that you can get the Project X Black H shaft in it for no extra charge.

Tappin' for world peace!

I believe there is one titles PING I20 Hybrid - WOW!

Edit: Yep. Here it is.

Cheers mod!

Tappin' for world peace!

I think I'll have to try it too...I share that same problem of hooking my hybrid. Of course I hit mine straight at the range...its only when it really matters that it hooks. Doesn't sound like the club, does it?

Got out for my first range session with my i20 17* hybrid with TFC 707 Shaft and i was really impressed It was straight and long. very consistent i hit about 30 balls with it and only had 1 slice and 1 pull with it. everything else was really accurate which was exactly what i was looking for. i think if your looking for distance the project X shaft will give you a little more distance it did with me but im looking for a fairway finder and i found it. looks like ill be selling my R11 Hybrid shaft never was stiff enough for me and its become way to inconsistent for what i need it for. Anyway if anyone is looking for a new hybrid id def put this on the list to try. Looks and feel are amazing and i was very happy with the results... it may not be the longest hybrid right now especially with the RBZs but its deadly accurate.

Like to hear when that happens to someone and their equipment.

ive added the 20deg stiff with the stock shaft and have to say its got a lovely flight on it,ive only played 1 round with it but had 195 into the green with a touch of wind in my face and just put a nice smooth swing on it and it just took of straight and landed on the green,i dont work hybrids so cant tell you if its easy or not but the black look on it looks amazing aswell,wished i had gone for the i20 driver now instead of the g20

Had a look at this in the store the other day. I must say it's a pretty looking club. Seems to set up nice too. Keen to give it a hit when I get the chance.

Apparently this is a great club or something?

Tappin!

went to a Ping demo day yesterday with one of my key objectives being to decide between the 17* hybrid or 18* 5 wood. I've experimented with low lofted hyrbids, but had trouble with them - seems like when I get below 19* with them I really struggle with low hooks more than usual. I definitely hit the i20 17* hybrid as straight as I can expect and think it is as good (with the RXTs) as I've hit in hybrids. In short I hit both really well, both really straight and plenty long for what I need. There was a very consistent difference, however: as most would probably expect,the hybrid was a low, boring bullet and the 5w was much higher (not balloon high, just fairwood high). Probably going with the 5w just for the trajectory, but could see owning both and playing what a I need based on course and conditions.

You should take a look at the 3 wood as well. I always used to struggle with 3 wood shots of the deck but this one is working nicely for me.

Glad you mentioed that. I actually did hit the 3W and was hitting it really well. In fact, the ONLY reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the hybrid/FW is because I can't decide whether to throw a 3w back in my bag - I haven't had one for a long time since my driver dispersion isn't much worse than the 3Ws I hit. I'd love to go 14* or 15* 3W, and 17*/23* hybrids vs the 18* FW/23* hybrid - that 18* FW is so long, I don't think I need two FWs unless the 3W is a driver replacement (I hit the 18* FW 235-240 on several shots out on the course so that's pleanty long for 95% of shots fromt eh fairway) )- but the driver is fine. Got one more demo day this weekend, so I'll be ordering one way or another by Monday.

You should take a look at the 3 wood as well. I always used to struggle with 3 wood shots of the deck but this one is working nicely for me.

Back