Odyssey Putters 2012

Oh man, you Callaway staffers have such a job picking a flat stick. So many awesome options. I'm liking the Metal X range, especially 6. But how do you pick from that range really? Branefreeze!

I agree Paulo. Such a solid lineup.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I agree Paulo. Such a solid lineup.

Seems to me that we're seeing a different pro putting the lights out with an Odyssey just about every week, and it's always a different model. Can't even follow the buzz since they're all good!

I was disappointed that Golf Galaxy didn't have any of these today. Wtc

Went to Golfsmith yesterday and was SUPER excited to see the 2012 Protype putters! I spent about the first 10 minutes just admiring the look of them. I love the finish, it isn't quite like the finish of some other milled putters like the Scotty Camerons. Hard to describe but I loved the finish. Anyhow, I then spent about an hour on the greens just rolling each style to see which one worked best for me. I have been gaming a blade putter for a couple years now and I feel very comfortable with it, so that is the way I was leaning as I have researched these putters. However, I wanted to try the #9 and #7 just for the heck of it to see how they felt. Well after switching several times to make sure that my judgement was correct...I have decided that the #7 is going to be for me! I immediately ruled out the #9. I thought I would like the #9 but after hitting it for a while, placing it back on the rack, and then coming back to it later I just did not like the feel of it for my stroke. So it came down to the #2 and #7. Both have plumbers necks, which I like. I was hitting some short 7-8 footers and some longer 20-25 footers and for me the #7 just came off so much nicer and I was hitting it much more consistently. The fake green there are Golfsmith was very bumpy so the ball was bouncing all over the place, but I could still tell my line was much better with the #7 when I was hitting the long putts.

I must say I am very impressed with the entire line of putters. The Protype putters have an amazing look and amazing feel. I never really considered Odyssey much when looking into milled putters because I always just considered them the main insert putter company. But I would put this line right up there with the best of them as far as milled putters go. The weighting felt great, and I am even a fan of the stock grip. I can't wait to see it in some different colors if we get to customize them with the options they have on the website. I have never spent so much time narrowing down putters but now that I have I am very confident you will all see my rolling in some monster putters at the MC!

Went to Golfsmith yesterday and was SUPER excited to see the 2012 Protype putters! I spent about the first 10 minutes just admiring the look of them. I love the finish, it isn't quite like the finish of some other milled putters like the Scotty Camerons. Hard to describe but I loved the finish. Anyhow, I then spent about an hour on the greens just rolling each style to see which one worked best for me. I have been gaming a blade putter for a couple years now and I feel very comfortable with it, so that is the way I was leaning as I have researched these putters. However, I wanted to try the #9 and #7 just for the heck of it to see how they felt. Well after switching several times to make sure that my judgement was correct...I have decided that the #7 is going to be for me! I immediately ruled out the #9. I thought I would like the #9 but after hitting it for a while, placing it back on the rack, and then coming back to it later I just did not like the feel of it for my stroke. So it came down to the #2 and #7. Both have plumbers necks, which I like. I was hitting some short 7-8 footers and some longer 20-25 footers and for me the #7 just came off so much nicer and I was hitting it much more consistently. The fake green there are Golfsmith was very bumpy so the ball was bouncing all over the place, but I could still tell my line was much better with the #7 when I was hitting the long putts.

I must say I am very impressed with the entire line of putters. The Protype putters have an amazing look and amazing feel. I never really considered Odyssey much when looking into milled putters because I always just considered them the main insert putter company. But I would put this line right up there with the best of them as far as milled putters go. The weighting felt great, and I am even a fan of the stock grip. I can't wait to see it in some different colors if we get to customize them with the options they have on the website. I have never spent so much time narrowing down putters but now that I have I am very confident you will all see my rolling in some monster putters at the MC!

Nice job Bradd....I have been to several golf shops in the past few weeks and none of them have had the new milled putters...I'll be hitting the GolfSmith Headquarters store in Austin next week...hope they have them there.

I had pretty much the exact opposite happen to me. Thought for sure the #7 was going to be the one. Rolled them both for like an hour. #9 was by far the more accurate from 10 feet. Need to really concentrate at some point on the 5 footers as I still think I might push putts with the #9 on the short ones. But on the mid distance ones, the #9 was money for me

I had pretty much the exact opposite happen to me. Thought for sure the #7 was going to be the one. Rolled them both for like an hour. #9 was by far the more accurate from 10 feet. Need to really concentrate at some point on the 5 footers as I still think I might push putts with the #9 on the short ones. But on the mid distance ones, the #9 was money for me

That was my problem with the 9, I just constantly pushed or pulled them. I have never used a heel shafted putter so that was probably why it was so uncomfortable for me. I really wanted to like the 9, when I first went in I thought I was either going to go with the #9 or #2. I hadn't seen the #7 in person yet, and I thought it was going to be a big mallet, but I was surprised it is more like a half mallet. I didn't expect to like the #7 but once I rolled them the results of the #7 just impressed me the most and I felt more comfortable with it than any of the others. In the back of my mind I kinda thought I would just end up with the #2 because it is most similar to what I play now, but that was not the result.

The Cally/Odyssey website baffles me. It is the only putter website I've seen without a view of the putter(s) from the top/address position.

Ya' know, just the most important view when looking at a putter. WTH?

I loved their Tour Black series. I hope they keep expanding their upper end offerings.

That was my problem with the 9, I just constantly pushed or pulled them. I have never used a heel shafted putter so that was probably why it was so uncomfortable for me. I really wanted to like the 9, when I first went in I thought I was either going to go with the #9 or #2. I hadn't seen the #7 in person yet, and I thought it was going to be a big mallet, but I was surprised it is more like a half mallet. I didn't expect to like the #7 but once I rolled them the results of the #7 just impressed me the most and I felt more comfortable with it than any of the others. In the back of my mind I kinda thought I would just end up with the #2 because it is most similar to what I play now, but that was not the result.

Yeah I have a feeling I will fall out of love with the #9 once I get on some greens and concentrate on the short knockers. If I were a betting man, the Metal X #7 will be the one I will have in my bag

Yeah I have a feeling I will fall out of love with the #9 once I get on some greens and concentrate on the short knockers. If I were a betting man, the Metal X #7 will be the one I will have in my bag

I have never been a big fan of insert putters, so I will give the Metal X a shot once I see them in stores, but I have just never cared for any insert putter I have ever rolled. Guess I just prefer a more firm feel, which I guess the Metal X is supposed to have, but we will see.

I rolled a bunch of Odyssey putters last night, and I think I liked this one the best:

whitehotxg_9_05.jpg

There was a limited selection, though, there was maybe seven putters at Dick's.

#9 is a solid putter Smalls. You should take a look at the newer #9's with the White Ice insert. Little firmer than that one but plenty soft.

Going to roll some of these today at Golftown. Hoping to finalize my choice this pm. Going to take a lot to unseat my Two ball Backstryke though.

I really need to find a place that has the full line up and go roll them all.

Spent about an hour at Golf Town. I rolled pretty much everything in their lineup that is available in the store. Decided I am going to go with the Backstryke Dart. I just love the way the Backstryke feels and looks. It is obviously very similar to my Backstryke 2ball, and this way I am not ordering the same putter that I already have. Very excited about it either way.

Odyssey have added a section to their website for the Metal-X range.

Really like the look of the Metal-X #7, will have to try it when it comes out.

Odyssey have added a section to their website for the Metal-X range.

Really like the look of the Metal-X #7, will have to try it when it comes out.

Thank you! - Taking more time off from work hahaa

Yeah I really like these putters, especially the concept and aesthetics. I think the concept is similar the Nike Method, am I right? It is mostly designed to get topspin right off the face to reduce skidding which in turn produces inconsistent putts. The only thing I am disappointed in is that I don't see a face-balanced putter in the entire line... So it leaves somewhat of a disadvantage of people with the straight back/straight through putting stroke. Anyone have anything to add on that?

Yeah I really like these putters, especially the concept and aesthetics. I think the concept is similar the Nike Method, am I right? It is mostly designed to get topspin right off the face to reduce skidding which in turn produces inconsistent putts. The only thing I am disappointed in is that I don't see a face-balanced putter in the entire line... So it leaves somewhat of a disadvantage of people with the straight back/straight through putting stroke. Anyone have anything to add on that?

I'm pretty sure there are 3 face balanced models

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a putter shoot out today and it left me 100% positive on what putter I will be ordering for the Morgan cup. After an hour on the putting green hitting everything one putter stood out far and away above the rest, and having just been to the odyssey website I see that it WILL be available in left handed. The only question now will be metal-x or pro type.

Very nice CB.

I'm pretty sure there are 3 face balanced models

Oh that would be awesome, which ones? I was just observing the fact that none of them had a center shaft, so I guess I jumped to conclusions haha.

CB I have been going back and forth with what I want. Tried the #7 and was just not blown away. Struggled with the #9 a little last time out. I need a nice shootout to make my mind up

Back