Anyone using a center shafted putter?

I just bought one today and it just feels so much better for me and helps me with my aim.

I own two putters after selling off the rest. A SeeMore FGP and a SeeMore FGP2. Both center shafted.
The next putter I buy will probably be the SeeMore PCB center shafted.

All three are impact balanced as well (explained in the video posted by runpuddrun 2 posts above)... which I don't think I will ever stray from.

I own a Scotty Cam Prototype Center shafted. I was doing great with it for a season but then something in my stance changed and I couldn't putt with it. Mallets work better for me now.

I tried one of the heavy putters which was centre shafted, but it had a horrible vibration off the face. My head says centre shafted putters should be easier to putt (zero twisting potential if you hit the centre of the face), so maybe I'll take a look at another one some time soon.

My ghost spider is centre shafted. Got it because I putted more accurately with the CS version then the heel shafted version. I haven't been fitted for a putter so I don't know if my swing is suited to one or the other but CS works better for me so thats all that matters really.

I have used center shafted putters before with pretty good success, right now I am using a Corza Ghost in the heel shafted version. I am going to be doing a putter fitting at GolfTec before I order my Morgan Cup putter.

After about two hours worth of putting yesterday evening, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a Seemore. I really like this Rossa CS, but I feel like I "need" a Seemore. LOL

Made the move to a CS putter a couple years ago after being a staunch HS blade guy and am so glad I made the move. Found I'm much more consistent with alignment, etc

I used a center shafted putter for a few years. My stroke changed to more of an arc and it just didn't seem to work as well for me.

Yup, I have an Odyssey 2-ball center shafted putter. It's been out of the bag for a while, replaced by an Odyssey #9. But I think it's going back in this weekend. I've been practicing with it at home and I can't quite remember why I stopped using it.

I use a SeeMore SI-3 center shafted putter. Love how it puts me over the ball.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question - do you think a CS putter needs to be face balanced for someone with a SBST stroke?

I was looking at an Si1 (I think) and it had a little toe hang so I wasn't sure if it would be good if I'm trying to use a SBST stroke.

I think Cs putters benefit people who play fast greens and have pop strokes better than those that do not.

I think Cs putters benefit people who play fast greens and have pop strokes better than those that do not.

I don't understand this:confused2: What's a pop stroke? What does the green speed have to do with anything?

I don't have, but I want a centershaft putter. I feel like it helps me hit more in the sweetspot and not cut across the ball.

I switched to a CS last year when I went to a Yes! Emma broomstick. Will never go away from CS after this. I'm now gaming a SeeMore FGP which is CS as well. I feel more center over the ball, feel I can find the center of the face easier, and just overall have more confidence in hitting the putt.

I don't understand this logic either? What is a pop stroke?

Unrelated note, switching from the Leafs to the Pens eh Thain?

I tend to gravitate to CS putters. Not sure why, I just do. They aren't pretty, but they deliver for me.

Yeah, im not sure what a pop stroke is either.

For me personally, my alignment and set up feels better with the CS putter.

Ive tried a couple center-shaft putters. Theyre OK, not right for me but theyre great if they fit your stroke.

Yeah, im not sure what a pop stroke is either.

A pop stroke is generally thought to a short backswing with a lot of acceleration and short a follow through, kinda like a punch. Usually better for slower greens. Current player that i can think of that uses a pop stroke is Jeff Overton. I know during the 2010 Ryder Cup they was gushing over his putter stroke and how he had an advantage on the slow, wet greens they experienced.

I thought I would never use a center-shafted putter, but I tried out the Si1 from Seemore and immediately changed my mind. If you have the chance to try one out, then I would definitely recommend it.

Last edited:
I love centered shafted putters to me the putt feels more solid and helps with finding the sweet spot of the putter. Unfortunatly my current stick is not in the center but it's still a great putter.

Ping C67 - can't believe they discontinued it. It's the only club in my bag that I don't see myself changing out at some point - absolutely love it.

Back