What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WILSON SMARTCORE.

Any mid-high cappers play this ball ? I've played about all the common distance/cheap balls, but this one is something different. It actually has a decent amount of feel around the green. I compared it side by side to the Srixon Q Star & the sound at impact, feel of the cover are very similar ... for half the price. I'm working my way through a box - so far, I like the ball ... alot. I know it's a Wilson, which will disqualify it for alot of golfers, but I'm curious if anybody has any experience (good or bad) with it ?

http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/balls/smartcore/

I put the Bridgestone B330RX back into play last night and it performed just like I expected it to, really has a nice feel off the driver with good distance and feels great off the putter. Not sure why I ever play a different ball.

Penta tp 5
ive always liked the penta. Ball just seems to go a long way off tee shots but has the softness you would want around the greens

I played a few balls today Nike one black 3 words long very long! This was compared to the other ball I played z star! The Nike was a good 15 yards bigger from the tee! Defo felt former off the face over the putter and the irons! The Zstar felt great from the putter and irons! Z star spun more around the green the Nike wasn't bad at all! All I want it the Nike length and the Zstar feel! Not after too much!

Played the Polara XD & XDS, review coming later. I also played the 2012 Bstone RX and the Nike 20X1s.
The later two did not disappoint.

finally got to put the TP3 in play today . very pleased with it and think it will be a permenant fixture in my bag. great distance, i was seeing some personal bests on distances with irons today with this ball. was able to get a couple chips to check up when needed so the spin is there and def more durable then a prov1 or 1x .

Pro V-1 all the way. I have tried many and always end up coming back to this ball. no other gives me distance, spin, and feel like this ball does. The only down side is that they get cut too easily.

I played a mix of B'stone E6 and '11 B330RX yesterday. The conditions were fine other than earlier rain, but the wind was terrible, Consistent 20-25km/h with gusts up to 50km/h, one thing i noticed was the E6 just seemed to hold its line a lot more consistently in the wind, the RX would move off line and then start pushing further and further.

Today i played the E6 solo for 9 holes and managed to get my lowest score to date, 41. The wind was gusty but the ball gave me confidence to just hit normally even with the shorter irons, pushing high the ball would just hold, and the distance lost into the wind was marginal.

Overall im extremely happy with the E6's they continue to build confidence.

Pro V-1 all the way. I have tried many and always end up coming back to this ball. no other gives me distance, spin, and feel like this ball does. The only down side is that they get cut too easily.

Agreed 100%. It's sad how quickly I shred them but I don't get the same results from anything else. Except a Pro V-1x.

Planned on playing the HEX Chrome but forget the sleeve at home so I played the Penta TP5 and it didnt disappoint at all. Much better than last years penta, I did not have one issue with ballooning my drives or over spinning shots like I did with the original penta. The ball is soft but not to soft and held up pretty well to scuffs and scratches. Not HEX Black durable but certainly durable IMO. After my first round with it I could def game this if I had to.

Have been playing my way thru a bag of found balls these last few weeks. Most of the round alternating between a Callaway HX Hot and a ProV1x. The HX Hot is pretty average all around. The ProV1x was at the limit of some of the best drives I've hit at my home course, which is pretty good in 60 deg. weather.

Grabbed a clean Penta TP for a wide open par 3 that I really needed to stick. Hit a 9 iron a mile high and it landed about 10 feet short of the pin and spun back 8 feet. I don't know if it was the soft spring greens or the height of the shot or the ball but I really don't back it up more than a foot very often. Too bad though assuming the same distance if I had hit the Callaway I might have had an easier putt...

played the hex chrome for awhile, still impressed with this ball...went to a prov1x on the back, didnt like it at all

might come down to hex chrome against my penta's

callaway hex chrome
got a sleeve from my boss today and put it into play
not a bad ball... it survived all the way till 17 when i duck hooked it into the drink short of the green
wedges kinda tore the cover up a bit but it didnt really affect it too much

2012 Bridgestone B330-RX. I much liked it actually, I'll try it again when I'm out of NXT Tour S.

I also played the Callaway Tour iZ - Felt really good, except they're amazingly fragile. I had to replace one every hole. Performed well other than that.

Tested the Polara line, which I have added my review to the Polara testing thread. I also picked up a dozen B330-RXS this morning, to put them to a head to head test with the 330-RX. About the same ball, for me anyways. I didn't notice an increase in spin, but I am not a big spinner of the ball, so who knows.

What others balls have you played extensively? Have you ever been fit for a golf ball?

Played the Callaway Diablo for 9, then the Srixon AD333 for 9, then switched back and forth on the third nine. Great balls, I like them both a lot.

Bridgestone e7. It lasted the whole round. Got a bit scuffed towards the end but its a great ball

I played the Pro V1x and I think I cant handle the spin. Going back to my trusty E6.

Played a 20XI the other day...forgot how much I actually liked them. In other ball news I am done with my Pentas and most likely moving back to the B330-RX.

Srixon Z Star. Just a solid overall ball for me. Love the feel around the greens without being to "squishy" with the driver.

Used Taylormade Burner and quite honestly I love them compared to the usual $10 Dozen balls that I usually buy like Nike Juice and Mojos. The Burner seem to get solid flight and bite the green pretty well which was a welcoming addition compared to the cheaper balls I play.

Maxfli U3, total junk

Wilson Staff FG Tour....great ball..no major advantage off the tee but super soft and great for the short game (lots of spin off the wedges/short irons and very nice off the putter)...cheaper than the ProV1(which I used to play) and lasts a lot longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back