Under Armour Amour Bite REVIEW

I know, but I think if I boil and remold it to my bottom teeth, I can get handy with a precision knife and shape it in properly. Ive always had UA mouthguards, so itll be as squishy as the normal UA guards.

i wasn't sure if the newer UA guards were squishy or not. old school weren't but i think i had one of the first ones. but i order special ones now cause i don't like thick mouth guards. worth a try if you have the time.

I want to make one of these out of one of my older hockey mouth guards.

I could see it working somewhat. I mean as long as you're biting on it the same way, it would be similar right? The only thing I'm not sure about is the flat piece that you bite on "bite plates" or something like that...... but it might be worth a shot. Good luck!

There's a short article about the Armourbite in the Golf Digest November 2011 magazine (pg. 42).

There's a short article about the Armourbite in the Golf Digest November 2011 magazine (pg. 42).

Thanks for the heads up! I will check it out.

Alright, tested this out Saturday and here are my results as promised.

Test Date: 11/06/2011
Time: 9am
Place: Oak Meadows, Chicago area

I was very excited to try this product out on the golf course this past weekend. I had talked about it with my buddy I was playing golf with the night before and told him the science behind it and how I saw it helping me. First off, it fit like a glove, after a while you can talk without a lisp, and you barely notice it is there. We started off the first hole and it was in the mid 40’s cold enough to see your breath but not cold enough to stop us from playing plus it was warming up quickly. I hit my drive, dead center of the fairway about 280 yards, I immediately thought that this was going to be my day. 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] shot was a ¾ pitching wedge that I hit perfect distance but right of the green, and in the bunker, got up and down for par. I was pretty happy with my play but I remember thinking while walking off the green on the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] hole to just play like nothing has changed and to try not to concentrate on the mouthpiece.

The first 9 was great I felt fine, was playing well, not great but average. Then I couldn’t stop thinking about the Bite, somewhere around the 13[SUP]th[/SUP] I started chewing on it while waiting to hit, I stopped concentrating on my form, I was biting hard down on it and I noticed my jaw started getting tired. It was weird so in an attempt to play normal again I benched it for the last three holes. I started out with a par then blew up on 17&18, I was concentrating too much on my jaw clenching and not enough on the swing.

I am not discouraged by this at all, I think I need to start practicing with it to get myself use to the feeling in order to play a full round without being bothered. Also I felt that it was more distracting during putting, so I think the next time I use it I will put it in the case when walking onto the putting green. Unfortunately it will just be range sessions with it from not until my winter golf trip but you can bet I will be posting my thoughts back here each time. I still think that this simple product can help in the long run.

Interesting Bomb......a lot of good quick hits in that write up. I for sure think this is a product that would take some time to see how it progresses with you and your game. I don't think any of us was expecting someone to post a -2 round for the day by using this, but over time it might be something where you notice a different feel or some strokes coming off your scorecard.

Keep us posted!

Interesting Bomb......a lot of good quick hits in that write up. I for sure think this is a product that would take some time to see how it progresses with you and your game. I don't think any of us was expecting someone to post a -2 round for the day by using this, but over time it might be something where you notice a different feel or some strokes coming off your scorecard.

Keep us posted!

Yes I think it will just take some time to feel comfortable with it. I am going to be using it in my range sessions during the winter and be ready to give it another go. I believe there are a few people trying this out right now so I am excited to see some reactions from first time use on here.

That's not too surprising to me, B & G. I've done the same exact thing with (non-equipment) products I've reviewed. You literally change the way you normally do things b/c your mind is too busy. Good idea with using it at the range.

Alright, tested this out Saturday and here are my results as promised.

Test Date: 11/06/2011
Time: 9am
Place: Oak Meadows, Chicago area

I was very excited to try this product out on the golf course this past weekend. I had talked about it with my buddy I was playing golf with the night before and told him the science behind it and how I saw it helping me. First off, it fit like a glove, after a while you can talk without a lisp, and you barely notice it is there. We started off the first hole and it was in the mid 40’s cold enough to see your breath but not cold enough to stop us from playing plus it was warming up quickly. I hit my drive, dead center of the fairway about 280 yards, I immediately thought that this was going to be my day. 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] shot was a ¾ pitching wedge that I hit perfect distance but right of the green, and in the bunker, got up and down for par. I was pretty happy with my play but I remember thinking while walking off the green on the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] hole to just play like nothing has changed and to try not to concentrate on the mouthpiece.

The first 9 was great I felt fine, was playing well, not great but average. Then I couldn’t stop thinking about the Bite, somewhere around the 13[SUP]th[/SUP] I started chewing on it while waiting to hit, I stopped concentrating on my form, I was biting hard down on it and I noticed my jaw started getting tired. It was weird so in an attempt to play normal again I benched it for the last three holes. I started out with a par then blew up on 17&18, I was concentrating too much on my jaw clenching and not enough on the swing.

I am not discouraged by this at all, I think I need to start practicing with it to get myself use to the feeling in order to play a full round without being bothered. Also I felt that it was more distracting during putting, so I think the next time I use it I will put it in the case when walking onto the putting green. Unfortunately it will just be range sessions with it from not until my winter golf trip but you can bet I will be posting my thoughts back here each time. I still think that this simple product can help in the long run.

Nice write up B&G. Glad to hear that while it was alittle annoying or takes some getting used to, you found some positives. I hope it continues to help you and other people. If not, it's only $30. Not nearly the cost of a new club. Good luck with it next time!

nice write up b&g... for me i dunno if its gonna be more of a distraction or a help. it says right on the package not to chew on it and i keep catching myself doing that. then im thinking about that instead of my game. i plan on hitting the range with it tomorrow see if i can just leave it be.

Has anyone tried using one of these as a mouthguard for sleeping? Teeth grinders? The dentist wants $600 to make one for me but this is $29 and looks like it would do the same thing.

Now that I'm in the USA for a few days I'm going to buy one. I won't have to spend 85$ on it. Thanks Canada

I think they're only $29 so that is worth a try since the dentist wants something like $600 for a guard that seems like its bigger and would be harder to sleep with.

Has anyone tried using one of these as a mouthguard for sleeping? Teeth grinders? The dentist wants $600 to make one for me but this is $29 and looks like it would do the same thing.

Just catching up on this thread. I think you can use a night guard and it would do the same exact thing. You can buy a night guard at Target for $12-15. I use one, because I have a habit of grinding my teeth at night. This has significantly helped to prevent me from waking up with really bad headaches. I was hesistant at first to use one, because I imagined it to be a big bulky mouth guard. But they are small and compact and don't restrict breathing or speech too much. I replace mine every 3-4 months. Much cheaper than the $600+ I'd spend at the dentist office. I've considered taking it out on the course, but haven't made the leap yet. Save an extra $15 and buy the one from target.

http://www.target.com/p/up-up-Dental-Nighttime-Protector/-/A-11031274

Just catching up on this thread. I think you can use a night guard and it would do the same exact thing. You can buy a night guard at Target for $12-15. I use one, because I have a habit of grinding my teeth at night. This has significantly helped to prevent me from waking up with really bad headaches. I was hesistant at first to use one, because I imagined it to be a big bulky mouth guard. But they are small and compact and don't restrict breathing or speech too much. I replace mine every 3-4 months. Much cheaper than the $600+ I'd spend at the dentist office. I've considered taking it out on the course, but haven't made the leap yet. Save an extra $15 and buy the one from target.

http://www.target.com/p/up-up-Dental-Nighttime-Protector/-/A-11031274

Thanks man I'll check them out.

Kmac just do what I do and sleep with a bunch of marshmallows in your mouth. It's great cuz if you wake up hungry you just eat a couple of them and go back to sleep.

Kmac just do what I do and sleep with a bunch of marshmallows in your mouth. It's great cuz if you wake up hungry you just eat a couple of them and go back to sleep.

HAHAHA now that is funny right there.

that might be the best advice ever

Millon Dollar Idea: Smores' Mouthguard.

Back