2012 Srixon Golf Ball Lineup

Very true. You can't overlook that at all. I still want to give the Z-Star one more shot. I have a couple here that I need to use now that the temps are somewhat normal. I think I need to try the white Q-Stars as well. I don't like the way the yellow wears.

Very true. You can't overlook that at all. I still want to give the Z-Star one more shot. I have a couple here that I need to use now that the temps are somewhat normal. I think I need to try the white Q-Stars as well. I don't like the way the yellow wears.

I've played the same yellow QStar for 3 rounds of golf now. It looks decent to me. I might need to give the ZStar a crack next too. I kind of forgot about that ball.

I've played the same yellow QStar for 3 rounds of golf now. It looks decent to me. I might need to give the ZStar a crack next too. I kind of forgot about that ball.

lol. It may have to do with my tendency to hit trees and cart paths.

lol. It may have to do with my tendency to hit trees and cart paths.

Stupid trees. Maybe you need to go play on puttin4asingledigithandicapbecauseiplaytreelesscoursesallthetime home course. LOL

Stupid trees. Maybe you need to go play on puttin4asingledigithandicapbecauseiplaytreelesscoursesallthetime home course. LOL

hahahahaha.....poor Jake.

LOL. Poor Jake's course.

That just set the record for the longest puttin4 name ever. LOL @ Jakes course.

It's a tough choice isn't it TC, same issue here between the Q-Star and Z-Star. They perform almost identical for me in every aspect except the very short shots and the Z-Star launched a tad lower for me off the tee. You played the Z-Star for quite awhile, I imagine you'll enjoy it.

Poor puttin4gettingpickedononhisbirthdaybutdon'tworryjakewestillloveyou

no ho

mo

I played with the Z Star XV today, and I thought it was a very solid ball. Good distance off the tee, and I think good spin with my irons. I was not hitting my irons well off the ground today, so I didn't get a good feel for how the ball reacted, but I hit great tee shots on the par 3's and got very little rollout, even from a 4 iron shot. Great spin in the short game, and actually too much spin coming out of a bunker as my shot hit and stopped, still 15 feet from the pin.

I don't know if the ball gets credit for this, but I hit a lot of thin, low, screamers today, but they mostly managed to hit short of the green and roll on up for a GIR. Maybe I should keep a sleeve of these balls handy for those days when I'm hitting thin.

I question the durability. The two balls I used where really marked up...but then one hit a cart path and the other hit a tree limb. Still, they both had big "bruises" on them and went straight into my shag bag when I got home.

Overall I really liked the ball.....not quite as much as I like the new Callaway balls, but its a good ball.

Can anyone descibe the differences, if any, between the 2012 ZStar and prior versions? I still have several dozen from last year or so.

I'm sold on the SL and will be picking up another dozen this weekend. I'm getting some really nice greenside performance and it's working well off the tee for me. I was concerned that I'd hit it too high off the driver, but don't see that unless I'm swinging poorly. If that's happening, I hit everything sky high off the tee.

Love the soft feel and it's surprisingly durable for me.

Glad you found the ball from Srixon's lineup that works best for you. The SL is a great ball for sure, Srixon certainly has all the bases covered in the ball category.

Im really digging the new Z-Star balls. Played them yesterday and they perform really well for me. Solid distance, incredible spin and good durability. Like what I am seeing so far.

Im really digging the new Z-Star balls. Played them yesterday and they perform really well for me. Solid distance, incredible spin and good durability. Like what I am seeing so far.

I haven't played the 2012 version, but I did end up using last year's version for a while over the weekend and it left me confused once again. I liked it much more than I did in the cold spring temps.

I haven't played the 2012 version, but I did end up using last year's version for a while over the weekend and it left me confused once again. I liked it much more than I did in the cold spring temps.

Im finding that it flies a little lower than the SL and spins like mad. I am going to work on toning down my spin on approaches (technique) and with that this ball could be perfect for me.

Im finding that it flies a little lower than the SL and spins like mad. I am going to work on toning down my spin on approaches (technique) and with that this ball could be perfect for me.

Early in the year I came away thinking the core was too firm for me, but I didn't feel that way at all over the weekend. With this and SL I feel like I can be pretty aggressive with chips and pitches too. I think I'm going to grab a dozen of the new ones in white. I like the yellow, especially for masking wear, but I'm ready to switch it up a bit.

I think I've changed my mind 15 times since the sponsor announcement, so here is number 16. I figure I'd just like to play the white Z-Star. It really does bite like like crazy and I'm seeing some nice distance off the tee with it.

I think I've changed my mind 15 times since the sponsor announcement, so here is number 16. I figure I'd just like to play the white Z-Star. It really does bite like like crazy and I'm seeing some nice distance off the tee with it.

Me too. I am going to do a little testing in the next couple of weeks on the monitor for some numbers.

Me too. I am going to do a little testing in the next couple of weeks on the monitor for some numbers.

I was hoping to do that, but I don't know if it's going to happen at this point. I like the SL, but I think I'm longer with the Z-Star and possibly a little straighter off the tee.

The zstar for me is the best ball. Such a great feel and plenty spin, but not inconsistent spin for me.

just purchased my first dozen Srixon's yesterday. i pondered the SL, but eventually went with the Z-Star.
will put them in play next week and see what happens. excited to try them.

just purchased my first dozen Srixon's yesterday. i pondered the SL, but eventually went with the Z-Star.
will put them in play next week and see what happens. excited to try them.

Did you go white or yellow? I switched from the penta to the yellow zstar at Christmas and love every aspect of the ball. My friend doesn't play much, but has great feel on touch shots. Hes around a 10 hdcp. He lost a ball and didn't have another on him so I threw him a zstar. When he finished the hole after hitting it twice he gave it back and said "wow that's the softest ball I've ever hit. What kind of ball was that?" I let him play a white one I had in my bag and he ended up saying when he's out of Pentas he will buy zstars.

I've been getting a wacky amount of spin with the combo of Z-Star and the 588's. I was sucking back full wedge shots, which really isn't something I play for. Really nice on the pitch shots when you want to keep the ball low and stop it fast.

I've been getting a wacky amount of spin with the combo of Z-Star and the 588's. I was sucking back full wedge shots, which really isn't something I play for. Really nice on the pitch shots when you want to keep the ball low and stop it fast.

I'm not seeing that crazy spin with the 588/Z Star combo. However, I put the Z Star ball in play for a full 18 holes today. The conditions were not great for golf, mid-40 degree temperatures with 15 mph winds, so the wind chills were high 30s to low 40s. However, the ball did pretty well, especially into the wind. I don't have driver distance numbers because I wasn't hitting the driver well, but with all of my other clubs, I was seeing the distances that I was hitting the ball last summer when I was playing Pentas. It was actually weird because I was taking more club early in the round because of the cold temperatures, but then flying it too far, so I went back to my normal clubs for those yardages. I'm going to try out some Z Star XV balls later this year when the weather warms up, but right now, the Z Star is the clear leader in the clubhouse for my Morgan Cup ball.

Back