Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. The S400 in my Nike's just doesn't feel great and I would like to mess around with a few shafts for comparison sakes. I'm thinking Spinner or KBS hi-rev or just purchasing Scor's or 588's. By the time I purchase shafts and grips I think I may as well get new wedges. Thoughts?

Just get the SCOR's. They are THAT good.

Just get the SCOR's. They are THAT good.

Believe me, I want to. I just haven't had the nuts to order them. I know they do the free trial so I need to do that. I'm going to hit Dr. Teeth's Scor's this weekend, I'm pretty excited about it.

Believe me, I want to. I just haven't had the nuts to order them. I know they do the free trial so I need to do that. I'm going to hit Dr. Teeth's Scor's this weekend, I'm pretty excited about it.

Good, you will place your order Monday after you decide what lofts you want.

Good, you will place your order Monday after you decide what lofts you want.

Ha ha I think I've already decided. I believe the VR PC's PW is 47* so I think I want to go 51/55/59. I think Super Tuna has this combo and said the gaps fit well with the Pro Combos.

Ha ha I think I've already decided. I believe the VR PC's PW is 47* so I think I want to go 51/55/59. I think Super Tuna has this combo and said the gaps fit well with the Pro Combos.

It is 47* on the PC. I actually went a little more extreme at 47/52/57/61 and really liked it. I was able to do away with the 61 a few months ago with no issues and do everything I wanted to with the 57.

I would love to order a set of SCOR's but they are just too much coin for me right now. I just got new irons and have to find a cheaper solution that i'm content with.

I was the same way, I pondered and pondered, then it hit me! I stole Cookies!

Look at them sitting in the bag over there, loving the Florida golf courses!

It is 47* on the PC. I actually went a little more extreme at 47/52/57/61 and really liked it. I was able to do away with the 61 a few months ago with no issues and do everything I wanted to with the 57.

I don't think I'm ready to replace the PW (at least not yet). But I definitely want 3 Scor's. My 60* wedge was my most used club last year, other than my putter, so I think I want to have at least a 58 in the bag. I think it will help having them fitted, as my current wedges are not and I have a big gap between my PW and my 52*.

I was the same way, I pondered and pondered, then it hit me! I stole Cookies!

Look at them sitting in the bag over there, loving the Florida golf courses!

My plan is to steal Dr. teeth's this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

My plan is to steal Dr. teeth's this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
It's rather easy! But seriously, one you hit them, you will love them. It's all about that V-Sole!

It's rather easy! But seriously, one you hit them, you will love them. It's all about that V-Sole!

Yea I am very excited to hit them and most likely will be ordering some in the next couple weeks. So if anyone is interested in some Nike wedges (52&56), or some Vokey's (50, 54, 58), both will be available very soon.

Yea I am very excited to hit them and most likely will be ordering some in the next couple weeks. So if anyone is interested in some Nike wedges (52&56), or some Vokey's (50, 54, 58), both will be available very soon.
Interested in the 54 and 58 Vokeys!

I don't think I'm ready to replace the PW (at least not yet). But I definitely want 3 Scor's. My 60* wedge was my most used club last year, other than my putter, so I think I want to have at least a 58 in the bag. I think it will help having them fitted, as my current wedges are not and I have a big gap between my PW and my 52*.

Makes sense. Having options is the best thing!
51/55/59
51/56/61

So many possibilities!

Makes sense. Having options is the best thing!
51/55/59
51/56/61

So many possibilities!

Exactly. Im thinking 51/55/59 or 50/54/58. I really like 4* gaps but it just depends on how far I hit them. I hit my 47* PW 130 and my current 52* like 110. Everything else is practically 10 yard gaps which I prefer. I assume this is partly because of my wedges not being fitted but I don't like it!

Luckily I think Dr. Teeth's are fitted similar to my specs.

I'm pondering getting all of my clubs regripped and adding 2 wraps of tape underneath. Right now I have standard size VDR grips on most of my clubs. I haven't noticed it before this year, but I feel like I'm having to hold onto all of my clubs tightly when I'm swinging. Some of that is that the grips haven't been changed since last summer, but I've also noticed that my left hand (top hand, as I'm a righty) has my 3rd and 4th fingers going underneath the pad near my thumb, and I've read that those fingers should be beside the pad, not under it. I wear an ML glove, for what it's worth. I'll probably start with my wedges as an experiment first.

I'm pondering getting all of my clubs regripped and adding 2 wraps of tape underneath. Right now I have standard size VDR grips on most of my clubs. I haven't noticed it before this year, but I feel like I'm having to hold onto all of my clubs tightly when I'm swinging. Some of that is that the grips haven't been changed since last summer, but I've also noticed that my left hand (top hand, as I'm a righty) has my 3rd and 4th fingers going underneath the pad near my thumb, and I've read that those fingers should be beside the pad, not under it. I wear an ML glove, for what it's worth. I'll probably start with my wedges as an experiment first.
Yeah, you may need to add more tape to build it up a bit. I'm going the other direction, going undersized grips as I have small girl sized hands. Luckily I am getting new clubs and went with Ping aqua grips. What grips you thinking of getting? VDR's again?

Ary - sounds like you and I have similar hand sizes from what you have provided. I moved to a mid size grip at the beginning of last season and have enjoyed them quite a bit. I don't know a whole lot about grips but I know a mid size felt much more comfortable for me.

Yeah, you may need to add more tape to build it up a bit. I'm going the other direction, going undersized grips as I have small girl sized hands. Luckily I am getting new clubs and went with Ping aqua grips. What grips you thinking of getting? VDR's again?

Yeah, I'm going to go with VDRs again. My backup choice is Tour Velvets, but I like the VDRs just a little more.

Ary - sounds like you and I have similar hand sizes from what you have provided. I moved to a mid size grip at the beginning of last season and have enjoyed them quite a bit. I don't know a whole lot about grips but I know a mid size felt much more comfortable for me.

I'm not sure that I want to make the jump to midsize right now, but I figure that 2 wraps is right in the middle of standard and midsize as I've read that 4 wraps under a standard grip would equal midsize. I don't think that my hands are all that big, but I have slightly longer fingers than one would expect for my palm size.

Yeah, I'm going to go with VDRs again. My backup choice is Tour Velvets, but I like the VDRs just a little more.

I'm not sure that I want to make the jump to midsize right now, but I figure that 2 wraps is right in the middle of standard and midsize as I've read that 4 wraps under a standard grip would equal midsize. I don't think that my hands are all that big, but I have slightly longer fingers than one would expect for my palm size.

Ary, my instructor suggested me making a switch to a bigger/mid size grip last year and the difference is pretty significant. I felt that I was trying to hard to hold onto the club/gripping too tightly and this made a big difference. I know you said you aren't ready to go to mid size but I went to "W-5" size in Winn.

That's the setup, or was anyways. I wouldn't swap the VRPC PW, that club is simply money. The Scors are great in that they give you a combo iron set when you replace your scoring irons with them, but since the VRPC's are a combo set, there doesn't seem much reason to do so.
I can bring the 51/55 for you to try out JConn so you can see if the same lofts work for you. Tmex has two of my others and a mate is trying out with the 59 right now so those won't be coming.

I am most likely interested in the Vokey 50. Please PM me if it does become available.

Lets keep sales items and trades, etc to the marketplace guys. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back