Titleist yellow balls are hideous (and I like yellow balls)

cypressc

Reaction score
Handicap
Last year I bought a box of Bridgestone e6 and didn't realize they were yellow until I got home. Rather than take them back, I played them... and loved them. Tracking ball flight was easier, found a few in deep rough/hazards I might have missed otherwise, and most of all I got really used to playing with partners and instantly knowing which ball was mine as we approached a green.

So, when Titleist came out with a yellow ball, I was psyched, and bought a box of NXT yellow. Holy crap! What a FUGLY ball!!!

Now, I suppose if you don't like or play yellow balls, they are all ugly to you... But to me there is a big difference between the deep yellow and glossy look of the e6 and the paler matte finish of the Titleist balls. The Titleist literally look like crappy miniature golf balls. The Bridgestone yellow and even the Srixon yellow I've tried look nice to me. The Titleist look like they had a cheap amateur paint job. I hate them.

Is it just me or do any other yellow-ball gamers dislike the Titleist take on the "optic" coloring? If you hate yellow balls and think they all look silly, I respect your opinion, but please keep those comments to yourself. I'm asking people who play or might play a yellow if they agree that the NXT yellows look inferior to other brand's yellow offerings.

I hate yellow titleist ball finishes, they look kind of cheap. Now if they made Prov1xs in yellow i wouldn't care what they looked like

I don't play Titleist balls, but I will open a sleeve and look at them the next time I am in a golf shop. You have made me very curious as to what they did to make it ugly.

Pictures would be good
One of titleist ball next to bridgestone and another zoomed in
Got me curious you see :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I haven't seen them, but I'll check it out. I love the srixon zstar yellow, and the Qstar yellow is ok. Not as nice as the zstar though

I play the Srixon Trispeed yellow and have played the yellow Z star and new Q star yellow .I have also played the Bridgestone R330-Rx in yellow and I love the way they all look.Last week I received some sample 2 packs of the Titleist NXT tour and NXT tour S balls.One of the tour S was yellow.I must say that I agree with you on the yellow color being a lot "cheaper"looking and the color did not"pop" as much as the Srixon or Bridgestone yellow.I think some of the difference is that especially the Srixon,the other balls have a slight greenish tint in the yellow ,where the NXT tour S seems to just be yellow.

I don't think they are so bad. Played one today in fact. True, the Bridgestone and Srixon yellow is purdier, I didn't think the Titleist NXT Tour S Yellow was that bad...

I agree the finish looks like it is worn on the yellow nxt tour s balls

Tappin!

I agree. I was at GolfTown yesterday choosing a yellow ball to try out (have issues picking up the ball off my driver). I ended up with the Srixon, but in mid to high level balls, they had them, Bridgestone, NXT Tours, and Wilson/Staff. The Bridgestones and Srixons both looked really good, and the W/S were interesting in that they appeared actually shiny (looked to me like they had flecks of silver shine in their paint), but I agree that the NXTs were just dull yellow.

P.S. I picked the Srixons to try b/c on here there seem to be a lot of devotees. I tried them today and loved them.

I don't play Titleist balls, but I will open a sleeve and look at them the next time I am in a golf shop. You have made me very curious as to what they did to make it ugly.

The Bridgestone is a darker more vibrant yellow and has a glossy look to it, like any new ball has that shiny look. The Titleist is a lighter shade but also has a flat finish that looks more like dried paint than a colored polymer.

hmmm...I haven't seen these compared to the others...I played the Bridgestones B330-RX in yellow until I switched to Callaway balls to prep for the Morgan Cup...I played the Srixon Zstars and Qstars in yellow...but haven't seen the Titliest offering yet....I will be interested to see what the Callaway Chrome looks like in yellow when it hits the stores in early May

I never liked yellow balls, until I picked up some q-star srixons Friday by accident. Love the balls, and the color makes it easier on the eyes.

Sent from my taco using Tapatalk

I hate the Q star yellow. I love the Z star/ Tri Speed yellow.

I have yet to see the Titleist yellow in sunlight, but in store it appears to look a lot like the Z star to me.

But I thought the same of the Q stars before getting those in the sun.

View attachment 4301View attachment 4300
Found this thread & read with interest what you were saying about the Different Yellow ball.

The ball in the Pics is a ball ditributed by an Australian company called Vision Golf. They have been developing this type of yellow ball for several years & I have been fortunate enough to be one of many Golfers given the Opportunity to try the different Balls as they are developed. There are several THP members trialling the Vision range at the moment & by all reports are fairly happy with the Balls.. I find them to be somewhat Brighter than the Z star & The Bridgestone Yellow ball. I have not yet seen the Titleist NXT in Yellow so cannot comment on that.
Forgot to Mention. These Balls actually Glow in Low Light.:)

Last edited:
I have only seen the DT Solo in yellow and I agree that the shade looks very "miniature golf" yellow.
Not like the Srixon or Bridgestone yellow. I musch prefer those over the Titleist yellow...

I am going to buy a dozen yellow Srixon balls soon, I like the ball and I get a free towel with them. I haven't seen the Titelist yellow so I can't comment on that.

Volvik makes a pretty ugly yellow ball as well. Found one recently on the course and played it a bit before losing it. It seemed to be a more of an orange-yellow. I was playing it along with the usual B-330x in optic yellow. I think it goes without saying but Bridgestone makes the better ball.

I like them.

I agree, the dull yellow is not good...Titleist should use the same yellow color that is on their Pinnacle golf balls.

Back